2019 5* OT Wanya Morris (1/18/20 Transfers to OU)

WFE12

***Announcement Time: 5/01/18 --- Approx. 5:00PM ET --- broadcast live on Atlanta's local Fox affiliate***

30907827_196622644480888_123709351775961

• AU vs. Tennessee battle with the Vols considered to have a lead
  • 25+ Offers: AU, Arkansas, Bama, Boston College, Clemson, Florida, FSU, Georgia, Kansas State, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU,  Miami (Fl), Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, Oregon State, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee,  Texas A&M, Texas State and Virginia Tech, among others.
  • Teammate of highly touted 5* LB Owen Pappoe
  • Official Visits to AU:
    • 4/01/18 
    • 11/25/17 (Bama game)
    • 11/11/17 (UGA game)
    • 11/31/15
  • Picked up AU offer 1/23/2017
  • Recruiter: T-Will, JB Grimes

HUDL HIGHLIGHTS

DXpAS0xXUAIn9FE.jpg

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is big time. If we can land him we stand a better chance to land Owen. His teammate and relationship with T-WILL are big factors...Seen this before.. Hopefully things turn out different.

Love the name. He can look across the line at the DE from the other team and say wanya head torn off?

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Would be a HUGE get. I mean HUGE. Damn I love TWill. 

Actually I meant that Owen's relationship with T-WILL is a big factor. Wanya mentioned TWill and Grimes as coaches he has good rationships with but his relationship with T-WILL is obviously not as profound as Twill's is with Owen. Just trying to make it clear.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Actually I meant that Owen's relationship is a big factor.

With Morris? Not really.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it Wayne or wanya? Names these days I tell ya. Whatever happened to chuck and Larry lol 

this kid is a moose and a huge pickup if we can land him 

Apparently Tennessee is trending with Wanya. I hate the idea of recruiting against Saban, Kirby Smart, and now Jeremy Pruitt. We need Saban to retire, Smart to go to the NFL, and Pruitt to fall on his face at Tennessee like Muschamp did at Florida. 

This is a critical commit early in the recruiting process that is a must-get for Auburn. He’s a big-time LT that we desperately need. I’m sure Pruitt is negative recruiting against Auburn, and I hope we’re fighting back. He has proven NOTHING as a head coach and that needs to be our message. 

Secondly, if we lose this battle in the next couple of months then we better keep recruiting this kid. Tennessee has a brutal schedule, and I think Pruitt will have a bad first year. We need to take advantage of that and not let Pruitt get the recruiting momentum that Smart did at UGA. If we start losing critical  Georgia kids to Tennessee, then Malzahn can hang it up.

Clemson gets their fair share from Georgia too!

25 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

If we start losing critical  Georgia kids to Tennessee, then Malzahn can hang it up.

Tennessee has always signed a few from Georgia that we wanted, that's nothing new. We get more than they do and will continue to do so. Except for the year Pat Dye didn't sign a single player from Georgia. I'm thinking had some current fans been around then they'd have fired Dye and then jumped off a cliff.

8 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Apparently Tennessee is trending with Wanya. I hate the idea of recruiting against Saban, Kirby Smart, and now Jeremy Pruitt. We need Saban to retire, Smart to go to the NFL, and Pruitt to fall on his face at Tennessee like Muschamp did at Florida. 

This is a critical commit early in the recruiting process that is a must-get for Auburn. He’s a big-time LT that we desperately need. I’m sure Pruitt is negative recruiting against Auburn, and I hope we’re fighting back. He has proven NOTHING as a head coach and that needs to be our message. 

Secondly, if we lose this battle in the next couple of months then we better keep recruiting this kid. Tennessee has a brutal schedule, and I think Pruitt will have a bad first year. We need to take advantage of that and not let Pruitt get the recruiting momentum that Smart did at UGA. If we start losing critical  Georgia kids to Tennessee, then Malzahn can hang it up.

I listened to an interview of his and I really don't know what's gonna happen but yeah I do think that UT has the lead right now. When you first think UT vs AU you say it should be a no-brainer but they obviously have planted something in his head. He will visit for the spring game and take another personal visit I believe.

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

Tennessee has always signed a few from Georgia that we wanted, that's nothing new. We get more than they do and will continue to do so. Except for the year Pat Dye didn't sign a single player from Georgia. I'm thinking had some current fans been around then they'd have fired Dye and then jumped off a cliff.

While I get what you are saying there are ZERO excuses for getting beat by a first year, first time head coach at UT on a recruit of this importance. 

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I listened to an interview of his and I really don't know what's gonna happen but yeah I do think that UT has the lead right now. When you first think UT vs AU you say it should be a no-brainer but they obviously have planted something in his head. He will visit for the spring game and take another personal visit I believe.

What they’ve planted in his head is another super aggressive recruiter that doesn’t take no for an answer, and tells a kid what they want to hear. We need to start matching the recruiting intensity of Saban/Smart/Pruitt.   

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

While I get what you are saying there are ZERO excuses for getting beat by a first year, first time head coach at UT on a recruit of this importance. 

One good excuse reason would be the kid likes the school and atmosphere at Knoxville better than he likes Auburn. It happens and what coach is where has nothing to do with that. "There's a certain type of player that prefers FSU over Auburn and there's no way we are going to get those kids". Pat Dye, around 1988.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

One good excuse reason would be the kid likes the school and atmosphere at Knoxville better than he likes Auburn. It happens and what coach is where has nothing to do with that. "There's a certain type of player that prefers FSU over Auburn and there's no way we are going to get those kids". Pat Dye, around 1988.

And would those same recruits still prefer FSU in 1988 if Bobby Bowden had not been there? I don’t think they would. The coach has everything to do with it, IMO. Tennessee was a dumpster fire 4 months ago and the laughing stock of college football. There is no way Wanya Morris would be considering UT if not for Jeremy Pruitt.

3 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

And would those same recruits still prefer FSU in 1988 if Bobby Bowden had not been there? I don’t think they would. The coach has everything to do with it, IMO. Tennessee was a dumpster fire 4 months ago and the laughing stock of college football. There is no way Wanya Morris would be considering UT if not for Jeremy Pruitt.

Tennessee has historically been a recruiting power in Georgia. They will continue to be. I suppose I could riff through prior years and name the players we really wanted that signed with Tennessee, but that's a lot of trouble. Like it or not, they will get some Georgia players that we want. UAT, FSU and UF will too. That's life.

When Pat Dye made that statement about FSU, he was specifically NOT talking about a coach. He was talking location, culture and atmosphere differences between the two schools. That applies to Knoxville and virtually every other school as well. Auburn isn't for everybody, but we'll get our share.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

When Pat Dye made that statement about FSU, he was specifically NOT talking about a coach. He was talking location, culture and atmosphere differences between the two schools. That applies to Knoxville and virtually every other school as well. Auburn isn't for everybody, but we'll get our share.

I lived this on the non-athletic side of things. I had offers and more scholarship money from schools that had more educational prestige in my area of study than Auburn but I chose Auburn because I fell in love with the school and the town. When it comes down to it, an SEC school is an SEC school (unless it's Vanderbilt or Kentucky... or Ole Miss in their current state). You can either sell the players on your current success or sell them on the idea that their talent is what they need to get them to the top, because the top is never that far away. These kids are still kids, leaving home for the first time and looking for a place that they will be comfortable on and off the field. The school and the surroundings still make a difference to many of these kids and while it's hard to wrap our heads around not loving Auburn, because we all do, some people just don't. 

Archived