2019 5* OT Wanya Morris (1/18/20 Transfers to OU)

WFE12

35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This has gone past silly. I took a fun-filled jab at @GwillMac6 and his man crush on T-will, now some are claiming that I must hate T-Will and don't think others are getting enough credit. Tell the truth, Gus has to close with each and every one of them, no matter who does the legwork. Blame Gus for every failure and T-Will for all 25 signees. That doesn't make it true.

I do get a laugh when Kodi and/or Grimes and /or Brown land a big recruit because of all the negative talk that happened when each one was hired.

Your last part is exactly what I’m talking about. Both WDE and E have both basically said that TWill and Porter are doing the most leg work on the recruiting trail. I was referencing your post earlier to loof. I have never seen you make a reference like that about Kodi or Hand/Grimes. That was the point of my post, but you suddenly want to downplay our Ace?

Comments like:

“Since Grimes allegedly is a loser at recruiting, I, too, am puzzled. Driscoll even spent time talking with Grimes and is still thinking of coming to Auburn. Imagine that!”

“Don't bother. Their minds are made up. Some here have crystal balls through which they can see the future and thus, they know that Kodi will not be a good or even adequate recruiter 10 years from now.

We signed one very good WR. Anybody that watched Iggy in the AL/MS game knows that. The '15 class had five LB's so we only took one in '16. The practice of following a big group with a very small one is not unprecedented.

“Then there's the fact that we've used 24 of our 25 slots and are on the verge of giving slot #25 to a transfer lineman, OL or DL to be determined. So, it's like fishing with a bag limit of 25. Which signee should we have thrown back in order to get another WR? Which two should have been thrown back in order to sign two more WR?

It looks to me like Kodi is doing just fine recruiting.“

but then you say this about twill 

“Williams has been handed the richest recruiting area in the Southeast. (Possibly in a tie with the Miami area) Williams's assigned area is in close proximity to Auburn. UGA is the only other school as close as AU and they can only take 25 a year. If Williams did anything other than lead the pack he'd be a complete failure.”

“Now, I think he's a very good recruiter who is doing a great job but there are others on staff that are working just as hard. Williams is not the end-all be-all of recruiting. He is excelling and he should be excellingwhen considering what he's got to work with.”

Seems to me that you give others passes but arguably our best recruiter on staff you seem to have no problem criticizing for small things. I’m not saying that others aren’t doing a solid job of building relationships, etc, they obviously are. Twill and Porter are helping tremendously.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Your last part is exactly what I’m talking about. Both WDE and E have both basically said that TWill and Porter are doing the most leg work on the recruiting trail. I was referencing your post earlier to loof. I have never seen you make a reference like that about Kodi or Hand/Grimes. That was the point of my post, but you suddenly want to downplay our Ace?

Comments like:

“Since Grimes allegedly is a loser at recruiting, I, too, am puzzled. Driscoll even spent time talking with Grimes and is still thinking of coming to Auburn. Imagine that!”

“Don't bother. Their minds are made up. Some here have crystal balls through which they can see the future and thus, they know that Kodi will not be a good or even adequate recruiter 10 years from now.

We signed one very good WR. Anybody that watched Iggy in the AL/MS game knows that. The '15 class had five LB's so we only took one in '16. The practice of following a big group with a very small one is not unprecedented.

“Then there's the fact that we've used 24 of our 25 slots and are on the verge of giving slot #25 to a transfer lineman, OL or DL to be determined. So, it's like fishing with a bag limit of 25. Which signee should we have thrown back in order to get another WR? Which two should have been thrown back in order to sign two more WR?

It looks to me like Kodi is doing just fine recruiting.“

but then you say this about twill 

“Williams has been handed the richest recruiting area in the Southeast. (Possibly in a tie with the Miami area) Williams's assigned area is in close proximity to Auburn. UGA is the only other school as close as AU and they can only take 25 a year. If Williams did anything other than lead the pack he'd be a complete failure.”

“Now, I think he's a very good recruiter who is doing a great job but there are others on staff that are working just as hard. Williams is not the end-all be-all of recruiting. He is excelling and he should be excellingwhen considering what he's got to work with.”

Seems to me that you give others passes but arguably our best recruiter on staff you seem to have no problem criticizing for small things. I’m not saying that others aren’t doing a solid job of building relationships, they obviously are.

So, my thoughts:

-Mikey’s given Kodi, Brown,  and Grimes credit when I and others didn’t. Also knows that only a few of our coaches become the whipping boys when we continuously whiff on our targets( I still don’t think Grimes or Brown deserve that much recruiting credit.) Thus he spends more time speaking up for these coaches.

-Also don’t think he understands the infatuation with the TWill recruiting hype, but he also knows that T Will by large receives the biggest defense from the posters on here. So he reminds us that it wasn’t Grimes that whiffed but TWill just to keep it fair to the coaches that get whipped on.

-Lastly, given how much he’s talked up Grimes, not really sure why his supposed liking of Hand is of any relevance. (This isn’t directed to you for anything that you specifically said btw.)

15 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

So, my thoughts:

-Mikey’s given Kodi, Brown,  and Grimes credit when I and others didn’t. Also knows that only a few of our coaches become the whipping boys when we continuously whiff on our targets( I still don’t think Grimes or Brown deserve that much recruiting credit.) Thus he spends more time speaking up for them with these coaches. 

-Also don’t think he understands the infatuation with the TWill recruiting hype, but he also knows that T Will by large receives the biggest defense from the posters on here. So he reminds us that it wasn’t Grimes that whiffed but TWill just to keep it fair to the coaches that get whipped on.

-Lastly, given how much he’s talked up Grimes, not really sure why his supposed liking of Hand is of any relevance. (This isn’t directed to you for anything that you specifically said btw.)

That’s a fair assessment.

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

So, my thoughts:

-Mikey’s given Kodi, Brown,  and Grimes credit when I and others didn’t. Also knows that only a few of our coaches become the whipping boys when we continuously whiff on our targets( I still don’t think Grimes or Brown deserve that much recruiting credit.) Thus he spends more time speaking up for these coaches.

Mucho Garcias, Amigo. (now I'm a racist too, but that's ok)

Yes, with all the negativism when Brown and Grimes were hired and after Kodi's first year, I am going to be sure to point out their successes. Expect to see more of that as time rolls on.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes, with all the negativism when Brown and Grimes were hired and after Kodi's first year, I am going to be sure to point out their successes. Expect to see more of that as time rolls on.

good to see your not petty at all!!! way to take the high road and set examples for us young bucks. LOVE IT MIKE MIKE!

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

good to see your not petty at all!!! way to take the high road and set examples for us young bucks. LOVE IT MIKE MIKE!

Your, you're what's the difference, right? Why bother doing it correctly when everybody gets a certificate for participating anyway? See, I can be even more petty when the occasion demands it. :)

Just now, Mikey said:

Your, you're what's the difference, right? Why bother doing it correctly when everybody gets a certificate for participating anyway? See, I can be even more petty when the occasion demands it. :)

I have no clue what is going on here. Since your superior intelligence and intellect is just to much for me to understand remotely what you just said and meant I will just respond in  Y O U R ? FAVORITE WAY TO COMMUNICATE in here............. THROUGH A GIF!!!!!!!!!!!! 

wo.gif

Quote: " Since your superior intelligence and intellect is just to much for me to understand..."

Apparently they are teaching "The Art of Giffing" instead of English in the schools these days.

PS: When it started, this was intended to be all in good fun. If someone is now offended, that's ok too.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Quote: " Since your superior intelligence and intellect is just to much for me to understand..."

Apparently they are teaching "The Art of Giffing" instead of English in the schools these days.

PS: When it started, this was intended to be all in good fun. If someone is now offended, that's ok too.

In an effort to get us back on topic...any other creative ways we can use Wanya's name?

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

lol no one is offended. I am only offended when YOU COME FOR MUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY T will and or defend grimes haha! You were the one who broke kayfabe man. I was staying in character playing around. SMH mr mike mike. YOU RUINED ALL THE FUN! And thank God they are. What is more relevant in todays world. The art of GIF'ing or the english language?! Come on now.

43 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I’ve been enjoying my crow that I’ve been eating regarding ole Kodicat. It would please me to eat some more!

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

In an effort to get us back on topic...any other creative ways we can use Wanya's name?

No need to get back on topic for a guy who would actually choose to go play for jeremy pruitt who is not a in state guy in TN. SEE YA. HE DOES NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT ASPARAGUS IS! Can never trust a coach like that. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I’ve been enjoying my crow that I’ve eaten regarding ole Kodicat. It would please me to eat some more!

exactly! Mr Burns has made me eat lots of crow as well!! I say keep bringing it on! Keep killing it. I want to never be right again if the results keep on turning favorable for AU like it has been with kodi on the trail for the past year. THOUGH I see no evidence yet that brown or grimes deserve any praise.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

exactly! Mr Burns has made me eat lots of crow as well!! I say keep bringing it on! Keep killing it. I want to never be right again if the results keep on turning favorable for AU like it has been with kodi on the trail for the past year. THOUGH I see no evidence yet that brown or grimes deserve any praise.

Let’s eat!

ObOGQ.gif

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Do not go quietly into that good night my friend.  The best understanding I perceive of a gif in our time would be to relate it back to those who might remember the op ed pages of the ancient newspaper.  When turning to that section you could see a political  cartoon to present an idea in a satirical, humorous  larger than life expression.  A good one could make you laugh or raise the hair on the back of your head. Sometimes a picture is still worth a thousand words.    Graffiti on a cave wall started it all, for those who can remember that far back.

Image result for hair standing gif

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

No need to get back on topic for a guy who would actually choose to go play for jeremy pruitt who is not a in state guy in TN. SEE YA. HE DOES NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT ASPARAGUS IS! Can never trust a coach like that. 

Whoa! Pruitt used to have hair?

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

We don't wanya do that. We wanya gif....

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Whoa! Pruitt used to have hair?

back when he was a reality tv star on 2 a days with THE LEGEND rush propst he sure did! lol.

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Let’s eat!

ObOGQ.gif

KODI! KODI! KODI!

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

@GwillMac6 @Mikey take it to PMs or drop it.

Drop it? Way back in 1959 Wilbert Harrison said "Don't drop it".

Well I said I wouldn't lend it till the day we was wed
But each time I kiss you honey I forget what I said
I'll let you keep it tonight if you hold it real tight
But dear don't drop it
My baby don't drop it
Oh darling don't drop it

https://strathdee.wordpress.com/2010/06/27/wilbert-harrison/

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Drop it? Way back in 1959 Wilbert Harrison said "Don't drop it".

Well I said I wouldn't lend it till the day we was wed
But each time I kiss you honey I forget what I said
I'll let you keep it tonight if you hold it real tight
But dear don't drop it
My baby don't drop it
Oh darling don't drop it

https://strathdee.wordpress.com/2010/06/27/wilbert-harrison/

ernest t bass.gif

On 4/30/2018 at 2:47 PM, aujeff11 said:

To Grimes credit, he did recruit Smith. Which was impressive given the circumstances. Although that’s where the credit stops. You cannot use him as a comparison of putting players in the league against Nall’s McNeil, Dunlap, Kendall, and Grubbs. Lol

FTR, Nall didn't recruit Grubbs. He was recruited as a defensive lineman, and played TE and LB in high school. I remember very well the cleat marks he left on my high school team (we graduated the same year). He was a freak of an athlete, too, so it's not like there wasn't a great deal of potential already there.

I can't say as I agree with the downing of Grimes, either. Give him a little time to get himself connected again, and I suspect we'll be fine.

Archived