WFE12

2019 5* OT Wanya Morris (Vols 5/1/18)

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, corchjay said:

how about starting out 2 wins 4 losses?  I think he's keeping an eye to AU and anything is possible.  Especially with high school teammates barking in his ear

Not bad enough. Yes he is keeping an eye on AU but he's recruiting for the Vols too. He's not just a commit. History says it's likely going to take a major coaching change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




19 minutes ago, Samau said:

I think if Tennessee goes 7-5 or worse and we have a successful season it would have a positive impact. But I could be wrong. 

Positive impact yes. Positive enough to get a flip without a major coaching change. History says unlikely.. Without a coaching change it would probably have to have Pruitt's staff somehow shooting itself in the foot with Wanya or his family on a visit to give us a real shot at this point.

Edited by ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He knows Tennessee is going to struggle, and he knows that will mean he's got a faster path to starting there. IMO.

I think he stated at his commitment that he wanted to be a part of the rebuild at UT. Make history so to speak

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Tega, Driscoll, Ashley, and Troxell... plus you have depth guys like Sammons and Sharpe.  Plus in dire need you could move Carr outside if consequences dictated.  That's like 5 or 6   4 and 5 star players at OT.  Granted we need some depth builders we aren't as in a bad a spot as everyone is making it out to be.  Center now and long term concerns me much more then OT.

Again we need 2 OT's in this class!!  

OL is my biggest concern for Auburn’s team. Auburn lost 4 starters on its OL last year. Pretty sure the guys you mentioned were not all 4 and 5 stars recruits (although some were). Driscoll is a graduate transfer with 2 years remaining from UMass. Carr, Tega & Sharpe are all Juniors which means they all will be Seniors before the 2019 recruiting class even joins the team. While I do not know for sure, I would be surprised if Tennessee OL is worse than ours in terms of depth. I am concerned with both OT and Center long term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Samau said:

Pretty sure the guys you mentioned were not all 4 and 5 stars recruits (although some were). 

Tega, Sammons, Carr, Troxell all 4 stars, Ashley a 5 star,  Sharpe 3 star, Driscoll a 2 star ...

So yes like is said 5 or 6... 

I think we agree we need at least a couple OT's this class.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking it would take a change of perspective for Wanya to flip.  I think it has far less to do with how UT does this year and more with what he eventually decides he wants to be a part of.  If he stays of the mindset that he wants to be part of a rebuild, then I think we know where he's headed.  If our coaches can convince him that there are better things happening at Auburn with similar opportunity for playing time, he may change his mind.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, War to the Eagle said:

I'm thinking it would take a change of perspective for Wanya to flip.  I think it has far less to do with how UT does this year and more with what he eventually decides he wants to be a part of.  If he stays of the mindset that he wants to be part of a rebuild, then I think we know where he's headed.  If our coaches can convince him that there are better things happening at Auburn with similar opportunity for playing time, he may change his mind.

Agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

I'm thinking it would take a change of perspective for Wanya to flip.  I think it has far less to do with how UT does this year and more with what he eventually decides he wants to be a part of.  If he stays of the mindset that he wants to be part of a rebuild, then I think we know where he's headed.  If our coaches can convince him that there are better things happening at Auburn with similar opportunity for playing time, he may change his mind.

Will be a really hard sell though. Only about 10% of commits don't sign with the school they initially committed to.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Will be a really hard sell though. Only about 10% of commits don't sign with the school they initially committed to.

10% is better than none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10>0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:09 PM, corchjay said:

Tega, Sammons, Carr, Troxell all 4 stars, Ashley a 5 star,  Sharpe 3 star, Driscoll a 2 star ...

So yes like is said 5 or 6... 

I think we agree we need at least a couple OT's this class.   

Sharp a 4*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2018 at 12:49 PM, doc4aday said:

10% is better than none.

 

On 7/4/2018 at 2:55 PM, Hopsing said:

10>0

Wait, when did we start doing math on this site? Is there a math gif?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, fredst said:

 

Wait, when did we start doing math on this site? Is there a math gif?

 

41D5F95A-D47A-41EC-8432-D554DDE1FB27.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fredst said:

 

Wait, when did we start doing math on this site? Is there a math gif?

E=MCsquared!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

 

41D5F95A-D47A-41EC-8432-D554DDE1FB27.gif

That’s what I’m talking about!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Zion pumps some AU sunshine in Obnoxville to Wanya later this month and that the opposite doesn't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I hope Zion pumps some AU sunshine in Obnoxville to Wanya later this month and that the opposite doesn't happen.

Zion Is all Auburn right now Auburn if Auburn decides to take him.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it doesn’t look like it atm, but by the time signing day rolls around, I will not be surprised to see Wanya sign with AU.    There’s a lot of AU force on the other side of that dam.  Once it cracks, it’s all over!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I know it doesn’t look like it atm, but by the time signing day rolls around, I will not be surprised to see Wanya sign with AU.    There’s a lot of AU force on the other side of that dam.  Once it cracks, it’s all over!

I think the more people say this the less likely it is that he flips. Kid seems to love going against the grain. Kind of like our very own contrarian  @Mikey! lol. He said when he committed one of the main draws of UT was that and I am paraphrasing but that they were rebuilding and he could be one of the main reasons for their return to greatness. I do not really think he is going to be swayed by a 5-7, 6-6 or 7-6 season to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think the more people say this the less likely it is that he flips. Kid seems to love going against the grain. Kind of like our very own contrarian  @Mikey! lol. He said when he committed one of the main draws of UT was that and I am paraphrasing but that they were rebuilding and he could be one of the main reasons for their return to greatness. I do not really think he is going to be swayed by a 5-7, 6-6 or 7-6 season to be honest. 

Yeah, to be clear, I think it is more likely that he sticks with the Vols.  But I wouldn’t be surprised if he did flip after comparing the 2 situations over the course of the season and having his buddies in his ear the whole time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kids like this usually don’t flip unless there is a major problem at the school ...or unless he gets a tattoo of the school logo.

He is the #1 player I want but he is not flipping. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This young man just got a BIG boost in the ratings. I think he went to the #14 overall player or something close to that. 

I wish we could get him, but I don't think it's happening. Kid seems ALL out UT. With Pruitt going into year 1, a coaching change seems EXTREMELY unlikely... As do our chances in obtaining his signature. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now