2019 5* OT Wanya Morris (1/18/20 Transfers to OU)

WFE12

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

This young man just got a BIG boost in the ratings. I think he went to the #14 overall player or something close to that. 

I wish we could get him, but I don't think it's happening. Kid seems ALL out UT. With Pruitt going into year 1, a coaching change seems EXTREMELY unlikely... As do our chances in obtaining his signature. 

People on here hate on pruitt all the time. And listen I get it. He is a bammer to the core and so was his dad. It was instilled in him his whole life. He was the only assistant in the country  who negatively recruited harder against AU than kirby .HOWEVER I think he actually is a better actual coach than kirby. He was a great dc at places other than bama. Now will he be as successful at UT as kirby will be at georgia? Most likely not. But he has always been a great recruiter. This is just the latest example of it. Head to head matchups with UT in crutin will not be the layups they have been most of the time now since fulmer got the boot a decade ago.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Now will he be as successful at UT as kirby will be at georgia? Most likely not. But he has always been a great recruiter. This is just the latest example of it. Head to head matchups with UT in crutin will not be the layups they have been most of the time now since fulmer got the boot a decade ago.

I think, given time, pruitt will have a better run at UT than kirby at UGA. JMHO 

11 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

I think, given time, pruitt will have a better run at UT than kirby at UGA. JMHO 

My question is which of these 2 will have the NCAA visit 1st?

12 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

I don't see that. Kirby has a lot, and I mean LOT, more in-state talent to work with. Pruitt could well be a better coach and still not be able to get to the talent level that will fall into Kirby's lap.

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

People on here hate on pruitt all the time. And listen I get it. He is a bammer to the core and so was his dad. It was instilled in him his whole life. He was the only assistant in the country  who negatively recruited harder against AU than kirby .HOWEVER I think he actually is a better actual coach than kirby. He was a great dc at places other than bama. Now will he be as successful at UT as kirby will be at georgia? Most likely not. But he has always been a great recruiter. This is just the latest example of it. Head to head matchups with UT in crutin will not be the layups they have been most of the time now since fulmer got the boot a decade ago.

I think Pruitt will end up like Muschamp did at UF.  A lot of similarities between those two IMO.

Hey, if we don't get him I am glad he is going to Tennessee (I would also be okay with Florida).  I am tired of the SEC East being a cakewalk for UGA.  They actually need a hard schedule they know what it is like. 

49 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

I think Pruitt will end up like Muschamp did at UF.  A lot of similarities between those two IMO.

Except that Muschamp is genuinely a pretty good guy. Pruitt was a cancer on the UGA staff at D.C. He routinely made big demands and disrupted meetings. The staff and HC did not like him. 

22 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Hey, if we don't get him I am glad he is going to Tennessee (I would also be okay with Florida).  I am tired of the SEC East being a cakewalk for UGA.  They actually need a hard schedule they know what it is like. 

I could not agree more. 

2 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

SO Pruitt will recruit elite like muschamp did on the defensive side of the ball and stock it full of future nfl talent so the next coach who is a total buffoon gets to reap the benefits of this and goes to back to back sec title games?! lol. Dang coach! That is pretty specific! haha.

6 hours ago, Hopsing said:

Pruitt. Kirby is untouchable because he knows where more of the bodies are buried in west vance.

6 hours ago, Hopsing said:

I vote Kiffin. lol

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Pruitt. Kirby is untouchable because he knows where more of the bodies are buried in west vance.

Pruitt does too, for a number of coaches in college & HS.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Pruitt does too, for a number of coaches in college & HS.

O absolutely but that is why I said Kirby knows where MORE of the bodies are buried in west vance since he worked under saban a lot longer. If last years georgia class did not raise red flags and get the attention of the NCAA then nothing will. 

22 hours ago, abw0004 said:

And I’m tired of Tennessee just being a speed bump on Bama’s schedule

2 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

And I’m tired of Tennessee just being a speed bump on Bama’s schedule

I am tired of any team on bammer's schedule just being a speed bump to bammer!

3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I am tired of any team on bammer's schedule just being a speed bump to bammer!

I hope they’re a speed bump for us this year though!

Well here is CJP pitch..... come play with this guy, he was a 5* like you, also #14 composite and started as a freshman. Come be the bookend. 

C45AC7C3-2E26-42FE-8606-3D49E784A679.pngB5A613C9-B6B5-4577-8D04-82695D0150A1.png

59 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Well here is CJP pitch..... come play with this guy, he was a 5* like you, also #14 composite and started as a freshman. Come be the bookend. 

C45AC7C3-2E26-42FE-8606-3D49E784A679.pngB5A613C9-B6B5-4577-8D04-82695D0150A1.png

That's better than our 5* tackle

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

So let's move this thread to rivals board then?

Not til our staff & Pappoe stop trying. Don't want to have to move it back here later.

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not til our staff & Pappoe stop trying. Don't want to have to move it back here later.

You’re looking at it from the wrong angle.  If you move the thread over to the Rivals board, then it’s more likely that he flips since it would require you to move it back.  )Kind of a Murphy’s Kas type of thing.)   However, at least you would be able to move it back with a great big smile on your face.  Heck, I’d even be glad to move it back for you. ?

4 minutes ago, gctiger said:

You’re looking at it from the wrong angle.  If you move the thread over to the Rivals board, then it’s more likely that he flips since it would require you to move it back.  )Kind of a Murphy’s Kas type of thing.)   However, at least you would be able to move it back with a great big smile on your face.  Heck, I’d even be glad to move it back for you. ?

HUGE fan of the reverse jinx.

We don't have a chance in hell of landing Morris. 

Archived