2019 5* OT Wanya Morris (1/18/20 Transfers to OU)

WFE12

23 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Personally, I want Webb, just because everyone says we can't have him.

Yeah. 5* in-state center. I'm okay if we keep trying to do the impossible there. 

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

I agree wholeheartedly.  Some visit once and know how special it is.  Others visit and are looking for something else

If any Spring weekend tour of Auburn by a prospective recruit does not include at least a Saturday afternoon drive by of the lake at Chewacla park, then shame on Auburn's coaching staff for under utilizing available resources.

(If you catch my drift)

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Makes sense E.

If we land Owen Pappoe, then do you think maybe that increases our chance for a flip? I saw that you said he wants to shut it down but a teammate staying on his case is a little different than coaches bugging him. I know there are different linemen we can go after but I do like him and I think having both would really sky rocket our appeal for a few others. I'm greedy I know.

No. Pruitt is in his 1st year at UTk.That gives him usually a minimumof a 3 year grace period in recruiting. That's short term security at least.

In terms of winning recruiting battles relationships with college coaches mean more than current & potential future teammates. Don't get me wrong teammates definitely help but coach relationships win the day. For example, if we get Pappoe we become an immediate threat to 5* CB Andrew Booth but Coach Woodson will still have to do the following to get the W...

m5Delv.gif

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Anytime we can flip the bird to the Bummers I'm down. Webb would be a historic flip at this point. :wareagle:

This year State of AL has 3 elite OL recruits, a rare if ever occurrence in our state. Right now UAT stands to sign all 3. ( Two 5*s and one very high 4*).  Huge disappointment. Hopefully Bo Nix and our Staff can find a way to perform some magic with Webb (the best of the three).. 

3 minutes ago, autan said:

This year State of AL has 3 elite OL recruits, a rare if ever occurrence in our state. Right now UAT stands to sign all 3. ( Two 5*s and one very high 4*).  Huge disappointment. Hopefully Bo Nix and our Staff can find a way to perform some magic with Webb (the best of the three).. 

Not sure how missing them are disappointments. Bama already led for them due to family allegiance & what not. Changing the OL coach just made it that much tougher to land kids we were already behind on. If Hand did stay Webb was the only one we had a shot with anyway.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

No. Pruitt is in his 1st year at UTk.That gives him usually a minimumof a 3 year grace period in recruiting. That's short term security at least.

In terms of winning recruiting battles relationships with college coaches mean more than current & potential future teammates. Don't get me wrong teammates definitely help but coach relationships win the day. For example, if we get Pappoe we become an immediate threat to 5* CB Andrew Booth but Coach Woodson will still have to do the following to get the W...

m5Delv.gif

Always appreciate your insight on these things E! Booth would be an amazing get as well.

We were talking in the N Dean thread about hoping to get him and OP. When is the last time we got five star linebackers in the same class?

18 minutes ago, Zeek said:

When is the last time we got five star linebackers in the same class?

Never. I think we have only had 1 in the recruiting site era period.

Ignore this.

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Updated the OP! Tried to slim down the list a little. Let me know if there is anyone I should add or remove!

If you are talking about the 2019 recruiting thread then you are in the wrong thread.

Wanya said he silent committed a month ago in his interview. Says if he came to AU he could have won a championship right off the back but he wants to build something new at TN.

IMG_1149.GIF

8 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Wanya said he silent committed a month ago in his interview. Says if he came to AU he could have won a championship right off the back but he wants to build something new at TN.

IMG_1149.GIF

Respect it. Wish more people thought like this. I am hoping this gets OP with us. He could be the catalyst to a greater beginning at LB for Auburn 

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Respect it. Wish more people thought like this. I am hoping this gets OP with us. He could be the catalyst to a greater beginning at LB for Auburn 

Yeah I respect it too. At least he didn't go to UGA or Bama. More power to him. I was just thinking about that with OP too. He has a big opportunity in front of him. With him and T-Will we could do BIG things at LB for years. 

We will keep working this kid.  Plus coaching demeanor on the sidelines will make a big deal for all the UT commits.  We will also keep working on Kight.  

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

If you are talking about the 2019 recruiting thread then you are in the wrong thread.

I live to disappoint you E lol

My bad

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

We will keep working this kid.  Plus coaching demeanor on the sidelines will make a big deal for all the UT commits.  We will also keep working on Kight.  

Kid just didn’t get the right feeling for AU. Think he sticks with UT. We have a uphill battle with OT’s this cycle now. 

Still say the depth chart does the recruiting for at least one big time prospect. I don’t even know who. I just think the hole sells itself. 

9 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Still say the depth chart does the recruiting for at least one big time prospect. I don’t even know who. I just think the hole sells itself. 

The prospect pool of elite OT's just isn't there. The top ones are either committed or leaning to other schools now. We will see what AU does. There are a couple in Georgia and Florida. But we trail big for these guys. 

14 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The prospect pool of elite OT's just isn't there. The top ones are either committed or leaning to other schools now. We will see what AU does. There are a couple in Georgia and Florida. But we trail big for these guys. 

What do you think of/heard of the new kid from UMass? Based on your answer, is he a gap-filler to help spring a SEC title run/Natty? Should Stidham be happy?

TIA

2 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

What do you think of/heard of the new kid from UMass? Based on your answer, is he a gap-filler to help spring a SEC title run/Natty? Should Stidham be happy?

TIA

Told the new OT is legit. And I do believe Stidham is very happy, he is the one who really closed the deal. He was signed to start. Our existing OT's are just very average at best. 

Archived