2019 5* OT Wanya Morris (1/18/20 Transfers to OU)

WFE12

6 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

Sounds like a incredibly bitter and condescending rival fan.                      Or, and Auburn beat writer.

I'm nervous to post because I may be missing a joke here E style but it was a Tennessee beat writer for this particular article.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Zeek said:

I'm nervous to post because I may be missing a joke here E style but it was a Tennessee beat writer for this particular article.

I believe it was a reference to how, um, objective our beat writers can be towards us.

I will say this, though- I'd be disappointed if our beat writers were out there writing uninformed fan blog crap like that about other schools. 

Yes, in reference to how this was written in the auburn beat writers’ style. Some positive hooks to draw you in but always an undercurrent of negativity or implied deviousness.  

Probably came through Pruitt himself. That sleeze is a piece of work. IMO, he is worst than saban when it comes to recruiting......

On 4/8/2018 at 9:06 AM, Mikey said:

Tennessee has been a powerful recruiting force for as long as I've been following AU athletics. I'm not sure what they sell there. School, atmosphere, town, whatever it is, they always draw quality players and a goodly number of those come from Georgia.

Hit or miss since Fulmer.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I really want to get a peek at the alternate reality where they hired Cutcliffe. 

No kidding...but part of their problem has always been a lack of talent in their state (outside of Memphis).  They were a national recruiting force for a while under Fulmer and after he left they never really reestablished solid regional connections.  They've got to compete with 9 SEC programs in states with traditionally richer talent.

35 minutes ago, CJ4Six said:

Two CB's to Auburn today on 247.

Yeah but unfortunately those came from guys not covering AU or the Vols.

The interesting thing on Warren though is he flipped the pick to AU from the Vols pick he made 11 days ago.

On 4/17/2018 at 9:26 AM, AUDevil said:

Hit or miss since Fulmer.

No idea what the appeal is there either to be honest. The best thing about Tennessee is when they would come to PCB for Spring Break they always had a really solid average with their female visitors! My older brother always loved saying the "Are you from Tennessee? Because you're the only Ten-I-See"

On 4/20/2018 at 2:09 PM, Zeek said:

No idea what the appeal is there either to be honest.

I don't it either. Back when they were winning, they could play the giant stadium and Peyton Manning cards, but now that they have been generally irrelevant for years, you would have to think the only thing they could sell to a out-of-state kid is the chance to be a hero by being part of the first relevant team in ages.

It was a surprise to me, but here in the Midwest, Tennessee alumni rank right up there with bama as some of the least pleasant. Heck, they are far worse than the local Georgia alumni, and even outrank the LSU alumni who I have found to be particularly annoying. I'm not sure why a kid from outside of Tennessee would want to be a part of that. 

1 minute ago, Samau said:

Beginning to look like we may not get either one one of them. 

Not necessarily. Both are still very much in play.

Just now, War to the Eagle said:

Where did this come from?

Stephen Davis is going to his commitment ceremony. You know what that means :[ lol /.

2 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Where did this come from?

Someone posted a VIP post from 247 they know full well they aren't supposed to. There's other info out there besides what that was in that post that many on here don't know that still could lead Wanya to AU.

Just now, War to the Eagle said:

Not us for Morris, I guess, but why Pappoe too?

Neither one is out of play. It's tight with both regardless.

Archived