2019 5* OT Wanya Morris (1/18/20 Transfers to OU)

WFE12

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

He simply can't wait to commit to Tenn.

What from that tweet makes you assume it's the Vols?

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

What from that tweet makes you assume it's the Vols?

Nothing from the tweet. From insider info from others and a gut feeling. But hey I could be wrong.

20 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Nothing from the tweet. From insider info from others and a gut feeling. But hey I could be wrong.

Yeah. I haven't seen enough inside info from other places yet to convince me he's not choosing AU even though that very well may be. I don't think him visiting or not visiting this weekend is a big deal given how much he's already been to AU this month.

If he makes that official visit, I'll feel pretty good about our chances. He's visited a ton, his friend will be here, and we'll have the last word in his ear. If he misses that visit for any reason, I'll assume we're done here.

51 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

My gut says Morris to UT and OP to uga.  Both will sting too.  I would love to be wrong here, I’ve just seen this dog and pony show a few times....

Yup.. the week before the commitment is when they get that call from an "unknown caller" who gives them the story on the real benefits of signing with the school. We never win that battle.

11 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

My gut says Morris to UT and OP to uga.  Both will sting too.  I would love to be wrong here, I’ve just seen this dog and pony show a few times....

At this point I just want to know the back up plan. Dean will most likely go to Bama. Next best bet is Derick Hall maybe but he's more of a buck. Idk who else they're looking at for OT.

17 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Agree on Morris. But I'm told we are going to get OP. 

There’s just so much opportunity here to be the bell cow and play early. Whether Grimes is a good recruiter or not, kids respond to the depth chart. SOMEONE is going to jump at the chance to come in as a true freshman to a roster with two Seniors, one Junior, and one Sophomore... none of whom are proven commodities st this point. I hope it’s Morris, but that opportunity is going to overwhelm one or two kids this cycle. 

22 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Agree on Morris. But I'm told we are going to get OP. 

I hope your sources are correct @WarDamnEagleWDE!!!

It feels like one of those times where our coaches are being told one thing and the other team’s coaches are being told another.  If that’s the case, uga isn’t the team getting played   

I won’t feel easy about this one until he is committed AND busy recruiting for AU! (and really not even until signing day)

Something tells me I have no idea!

10 hours ago, Samau said:

Guess he didn’t visit this wk end. 

Not to any AU reporter's knowledge.

This is why having the "scheduled last visit" is not always a good thing. It's preferred to have the actual last visit.

The battle might not turn out as favorably for 4-star tackle Wanya Morris.

Auburn worked all weekend — well into Saturday — to get Morris in on an official visit. He took one to Tennessee last weekend, and he was supposed to make it to the Plains this weekend. As of late Saturday, Morris hadn’t made the trip to Auburn for his official visit, which isn’t a great sign for the Tigers. As one source put it, Tennessee hit such a home run on the official visit last weekend that Morris might’ve been too far gone to sway anyway.

I expect the Volunteers to land him on Tuesday.

Archived