Any former Auburn players here

aubiefifty

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I personally know of 3 former players that (at least on occasion) post/read here. 1 during Dye’s tenure, 1 from TBowden’s days,  and 1 that is a former Tubs Guy that still plays on Sundays. I’ll let them “out” themselves if they so choose.

I know of several parents of players that keep up with the message boards during their kids’ careers with Auburn too. 

PTB always adding valuable info. 

And to the Tubs player - you most likely played around the time when I was in college so thank you! I fell in love with football during my 4 years. Nothing like the student section!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well to answer your question we do have a few ex football guys not giving a number.............. but no one every ask about ex Auburn golfers I have no idea why but we have 3 on site including yours truly 

Oooooh!

I get it now!

And the year you played!!

37 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

that was awesome. i have never seen pops on here but i sure am glad y'all got some stories out.i know one summer i got baseball lessons at the park on east glenn. i sucked and i remember this cat was talkin to me to chill me ut. i was told later it was tucker tho i could have the name mixed up. whomever it was folks were talking about him with awe and i am ashamed to say i had no clue who he was at the time. lol but he was certainly super to me when i was frustrated...........wish my mom was alive and i could confirm that but i think that is right.

pops passed away a few years ago. RIP

you forgot the bo story so whenever ya got time it has to be good.............

Walked on in Shug's last season. Strained my groin (no jokes) on the second day of fall camp.  That was my Auburn Football career. 

I'm not a former AU football player but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. :)

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

pops passed away a few years ago. RIP

I sure miss Pops, he was a great poster.

1 minute ago, AUMASTERS said:

I sure miss Pops, he was a great poster.

The best imo well maybe except me...............................by the way pops would have a hoot with this post........miss him dearly

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

The best imo well maybe except me...............................by the wa f I REMEMBER CO

y pops would have a hoot with this post........miss him dearly

If I remember correctly, I believe his daughter was sick at the same time he was losing his battle (but he won the war).

Well, I wasn't going to admit it, but I played defensive end on the team, back in '77...

..RBHS powderpuff team, that is. :Sing: Wish I had a picture to prove it!

6 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I personally know of 3 former players that (at least on occasion) post/read here. 1 during Dye’s tenure, 1 from TBowden’s days,  and 1 that is a former Tubs Guy that still plays on Sundays. I’ll let them “out” themselves if they so choose.

I know of several parents of players that keep up with the message boards during their kids’ careers with Auburn too. 

Robin says hello lol

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

we want to hear funny dye stories and good auburn stories of games etc. and if you do not know any make em up.....lol   they should still be entertaining.

Let me just say Frank Orgel was one of the funniest human beings I've ever met. He'd have players and coaches in stitches and you (kind of) wouldn't mind running off the punishment when you laughed so hard you couldn't run the durn drill.

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

If you enjoy old story's of Auburn you should read this thread from start to finish

Thanks for the link Golf. Interesting thread for us newbs, an honor to read through it.

One of the Henley brothers used to date a good friend of mine and I got conned into going on a double date one night with one of his friends. It was misery. Does that count? 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

One of the Henley brothers used to date a good friend of mine and I got conned into going on a double date one night with one of his friends. It was misery. Does that count? 

feel bad for you  blind dates can go very wrong

Just now, augolf1716 said:

feel bad for you  blind dates can go very wrong

Yeah and I didn't make that mistake again.  Nothing really terrible happened but I was 3-4 years younger and bored out of my mind. Dinner seemed to last forever while I tried to not be rude. It was a strain on the good manners my mama taught me and I wondered why I ever agreed to go in the first place.

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

The best imo well maybe except me...............................by the way pops would have a hoot with this post........miss him dearly

Golf, is this the same Pops that use to give the bammers as good as they sent on al.com? I think it is and I do remember him passing away due to cancer if I am correct. Correct me if I am wrong. I don't do al.com any more. Too much like a playground urinating contest with the bammers. TIA

WDE

14 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I know several ex players on the bunker. None here. 

Well you need to do some cruiting.and gettem on this site.

6 hours ago, Slammer1 said:

Golf, is this the same Pops that use to give the bammers as good as they sent on al.com? I think it is and I do remember him passing away due to cancer if I am correct. Correct me if I am wrong. I don't do al.com any more. Too much like a playground urinating contest with the bammers. TIA

WDE

Could be I never have gone on al.com 

On 3/7/2018 at 1:44 PM, passthebiscuits said:

I believe that I am aware of 3 former players that (at least on occasion) post/read here. 1 during Dye’s tenure, 1 from TBowden’s days,  and 1 that is a former Tubs Guy that still plays on Sundays. I’ll let them “out” themselves if they so choose.

That pretty much leaves Pat Simms and Karlos Dansby.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to pretend I was Doc until I became him!

Archived