Remove sec logo?

TigerOne

Can Auburn regulate the sec logo to obscure locations or remove it completely?

If Auburn were to win the tournament trophy I would like to see an AU logo placed over the sec one.

Auburn is playing for Auburn not the sec, and its obvious the sec doesn't want us playing for them either.

Let me get this straight. We are extremely proud of our team for winning the SEC championship in basketball, but because some of our guys didn’t win individual accolades we are now mad and want to take our ball and go home.  Sounds pretty sophomoric to me.  Sorry.  Nothing personal. 

5 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Let me get this straight. We are extremely proud of our team for winning the SEC championship in basketball, but because some of our guys didn’t win individual accolades we are now mad and want to take our ball and go home.  Sounds pretty sophomoric to me.  Sorry.  Nothing personal. 

The only Heisman winner to not be named the SEC's Male Athlete of the Year? Auburn's Cam Newton. Auburn's Gene Chizik is a unanimous national Coach of the Year but the SEC chooses Spurrier? Auburn is the only SEC champ in 62 years to not have a player on the first team all-SEC squad? Coach Pearl overcomes obstacles that nobody else had to deal with and wins the crown with a severely depleted team, but isn't named Coach of the Year?

Do I detect a pattern here? I damn sure do. A big part of the joy in winning SEC games/championships is beating the hater's butts. I'd eliminate the SEC logo from anywhere that it's not required to be

So, I guess you would also return the $40.9 million check AU received from the SEC last year?  Sorry, this sort of poor-me attitude is just plain silly and a needless psychological burden to carry.

I'm out.  Y'all have fun being persecuted.

Guess in our case the SEC doesn't mean more it means less ;)

While I agree we have definitely gotten the shaft in several cases it would be biting the hand that feeds you.  Being part of the SEC brings in tons of money.  So you could look at it like this; if we were not part of the SEC we wouldn't have a large piece of the money pie, if we didn't have such a large piece of the money pie then we couldn't bring in the high dollar coaches, or build the nice facilities, or have all that special equipment / training, etc....  We need the money to bring in those things to be able to bring in the recruits and coaches that should be winning all those accolades.  So sometimes it is what it is, or as I like to say, it ain't what it ain't.  It really comes down to could we be where we are today if we were not part of the SEC?  The SEC could easily survive without us but we could not without them.

I completely agree that it's ridiculous and obvious that we have gotten snubbed in several cases.  The one thing I love about Pearl is he's not afraid to call it out.  I don't seem to recall anyone from a coaching standpoint really saying anything about Cam not winning (but I may have missed it), it was mainly us fans.  Something tells me the SEC office looked very closely at Bruce's words to be able to fine him.  While all he did was state the facts it was obvious he was taking a jab at them.

To me, its partly our fault for those that vote for coaches and players and snubbed us. 

If AU didnt have a player with already a checkered past come to AU, win us a NC, but a father who was accused of something of a payoff, then we put doubt in their mind. Its not the TRUTH that won, but with some, the minute you are accused, its almost has bad as guilty.

In Basketball, we hired a coach with a checkered past, and during his best year, was here when Person was charged by the FBI, lost 2 star players bc of it, and saw 2 suspended 2 of his coaches for doing something wrong. Again we have put doubt in the minds of voters regardless of what was true or not regarding the coach.

I can understand that it was going to be tough for PEarl to win the COY award with his past and current investigative cloud.

But I don't understand why voters would snub some of the top players in the SEC on our team. If it is an association thing with Pearl, shame on them.

I just want to see one year when we are squeaky clean with no past or current cloud on our programs that win a NC or the SEC in BB, how they vote for these personal awards. 

19 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

To me, its partly our fault for those that vote for coaches and players and snubbed us. 

If AU didnt have a player with already a checkered past come to AU, win us a NC, but a father who was accused of something of a payoff, then we put doubt in their mind. Its not the TRUTH that won, but with some, the minute you are accused, its almost has bad as guilty.

In Basketball, we hired a coach with a checkered past, and during his best year, was here when Person was charged by the FBI, lost 2 star players bc of it, and saw 2 suspended 2 of his coaches for doing something wrong. Again we have put doubt in the minds of voters regardless of what was true or not regarding the coach.

I can understand that it was going to be tough for PEarl to win the COY award with his past and current investigative cloud.

But I don't understand why voters would snub some of the top players in the SEC on our team. If it is an association thing with Pearl, shame on them.

I just want to see one year when we are squeaky clean with no past or current cloud on our programs that win a NC or the SEC in BB, how they vote for these personal awards. 

While everything you say is true, what pisses everyone off is those things would not have mattered if it were bama doing them. Huge double standard when it comes to Auburn.

not suggesting we leave the conference. Doubt anyone in the sec good ole boy network want to see

Auburn being too successful. All will be pulling hard for uat so they can go to tournament.

Minimize the sec logo as much as possible on Auburn court, field uniforms etc. was the question.

i can see both sides of this. but do we not bring some of this own ourselves?when state tried to buy Cam and it blew up on them we should have sued the dog doody out of them. it has always looked to me like we gave them a pass. so my question is why? why did we not get all over state saying we paid cam when THEY were trying to buy his services? to many it looks like we did nothing because we had something to hide. how many years have we been waiting on the bagman to appear? i blame most of this on jj and whomever was president at the time.

57 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I don't buy the snub with regard to the players....our guys are very good but individually there are a number of players around the conference who are better...and the first team SEC is pretty accurate in my view....coulda had another one on the 2nd team perhaps but which of the three leaders would you leave out?   I think that some AU fans are just looking for something to be offended by...like a good segment of the American public.....maybe it's just the times we live in ?  :dunno:    

I am proud that this team has shown the ability to come together as a "team" and not rise or fall based on the play of just one individual.   To me at least, that is more significant to enjoy the team's success rather than having one all star player and finishing in the middle of the pack.  Being the best team in the SEC ....and letting everyone know it is a good thing. 

We do need to beat bama today though....hoping the guys come out hot and hit 'em in the face right out of the box.  

nice post 64. i am not near as paranoid as some but i do think cam lost out on that award all heisman winners won but him. i know the ap was much more kind to auburn than the sec coaches. and yes i want to beat bama bad!beating bama in anything brings me special joy. i hope we are rested and fresh and run them out of the gym.............i like seeing coach avery get excited with that high voice of his.................lol

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

nice post 64. i am not near as paranoid as some but i do think cam lost out on that award all heisman winners won but him. i know the ap was much more kind to auburn than the sec coaches. and yes i want to beat bama bad!beating bama in anything brings me special joy. i hope we are rested and fresh and run them out of the gym.............i like seeing coach avery get excited with that high voice of his.................lol

can anyone understand what avery says when he gets like that?

I grew up in San Antonio. Avery used to occasionally come and speak/preach at our church.  He is a great guy, but the first time I heard him talk I just about fell out of my seat. He would get pretty excited.

2 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

So, I guess you would also return the $40.9 million check AU received from the SEC last year?  Sorry, this sort of poor-me attitude is just plain silly and a needless psychological burden to carry.

I'm out.  Y'all have fun being persecuted.

The SEC didn't "give" Auburn that money ... Auburn EARNED that money.  I say snatch that check out of their hand, tell them where they can go and then point out they are lucky to have us - not that we are lucky to have them.  This isn't poor-me attitude, its called sticking up for yourself because you deserve it!

54 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I don't buy the snub with regard to the players....our guys are very good but individually there are a number of players around the conference who are better...and the first team SEC is pretty accurate in my view....coulda had another one on the 2nd team perhaps but 

I am proud that this team has shown the ability to come together as a "team" and not rise or fall based on the play of just one individual.   To me at least, that is more significant to enjoy the team's success rather than having one all star player and finishing in the middle of the pack.  Being the best team in the SEC ....and letting everyone know it is a good thing. 

I'm mixed emotions on the 1st vs 2nd team thing.  I like the symbolism that the guys did it as a team.  I feel bad for Heron.  It does indicate that the SEC was very good.  BUT ... if the players aren't going to be recognized then the coach has to be.  If our players are less quality than the other players, then doesn't Pearl have to be recognized as the best coach in the SEC as a result.  IMO opinion it has to be one or the other.  Otherwise you have "lesser" players and a "lesser" coach doing the winning.  As far as Barnes - the tie breaker.  Pearl had his undersized players playing high quality ball away from home at Utenn's home court, where Barnes did not coach his players up.  If there weren't enough reasons to vote Pearl COY, then that should have been enough.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

I view Cam as a different thing....and not an indication that AU is on everyone's list....JMO

3 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

The SEC didn't "give" Auburn that money ... Auburn EARNED that money.  I say snatch that check out of their hand, tell them where they can go and then point out they are lucky to have us - not that we are lucky to have them.  This isn't poor-me attitude, its called sticking up for yourself because you deserve it!

Five * post!

Not sure what we got paid today but might want to send that check back...:-\

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

I don't buy the snub with regard to the players....our guys are very good but individually there are a number of players around the conference who are better...and the first team SEC is pretty accurate in my view....coulda had another one on the 2nd team perhaps but which of the three leaders would you leave out?   I think that some AU fans are just looking for something to be offended by...like a good segment of the American public.....maybe it's just the times we live in ?  :dunno:    

We do need to beat bama today though....hoping the guys come out hot and hit 'em in the face right out of the box.  

I just understand how Heron could not be in the top 16 in the coaches voting. That one gets me more.

And for this being the first time that the SEC champ has not had a first team pick since it's inception? 

I am not one to be blinded by orange and blue glasses, 64, and maybe there is some truth to our 'good' players but not great. But that reason, is bc we know we can win with all of them, who can score from anywhere so we spread it around. But when you win the conference with a quality resume all during the year, then 1 of these guys deserves first ballot.

And I guess the coaches might change the mind now not putting Sexton on their first team, as he has taken over the tournament so far....

37 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

nd I guess the coaches might change the mind now not putting Sexton on their first team, as he has taken over the tournament so far....

Kid has definitely showed up now...  bama has been an underachieving team for a while now but Sexton has put the team on his shoulders.   We saw him make that end to end play against aggies yesterday and figured it was on the aggies (which it was I guess) ...but he did the same thing time after time today too.   Don't know what his 40 time is, but he can really fly and is deadly from anywhere.  Sooner he is in the NBA the happier I will be.  

Could be there was too much made of the "snub" of AU players on the all conference teams.....too much pressure or something but I was sick for Brown....could not buy a basket for most of game apparently. 

The SEC is a biased organization that is two faced and deliberate at the same time. We play for Auburn and no one else.

On 3/9/2018 at 7:15 AM, Mikey said:

The only Heisman winner to not be named the SEC's Male Athlete of the Year? Auburn's Cam Newton. Auburn's Gene Chizik is a unanimous national Coach of the Year but the SEC chooses Spurrier? Auburn is the only SEC champ in 62 years to not have a player on the first team all-SEC squad? Coach Pearl overcomes obstacles that nobody else had to deal with and wins the crown with a severely depleted team, but isn't named Coach of the Year?

Do I detect a pattern here? I damn sure do. A big part of the joy in winning SEC games/championships is beating the hater's butts. I'd eliminate the SEC logo from anywhere that it's not required to be

Damn right there's a pattern. It continues on the SEC website every day as well.   Article on Casey Mize's no hitter yesterday buried on page 2 of the baseball page (load more section).     The only time we seem to be "front page news" on secsports is when we lose at something.   So, yes its a pattern and its not at all a reach to suggest that the SEC does us no favors at all.   The bias against us is very real but totally unexplained.  Anybody else in the SEC throws a no hitter and its headline news.

I've never considered myself an "SEC Fan".  I'm not one who pulls for the SEC in playoffs/bowls.  The only reason I might pull for a conference team I don't particularly like over a non-conf team is as it might affect AU's strength of schedule and national perception.

I actually like UT a bit (my wife's family are all UT people and they're sorta my "2nd home team") and I'm kinda liking aTm as I see a lot of Auburn in them but beyond that, if I even care one way or another about an SEC team....I usually don't like (dare I say hate) them.

Archived