Men vs Alabama

tgrogan21

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

When I left we were up 10, now down double digits. Going to be interesting to see how we Seed in the tourney 

Me too...had a cardiologist appt...missed all of the 2nd half... ...just checked the comments......dang good thing I did not have to sit through that disaster.  ?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

That jerk Cochran said some stuff to Pearl... probably said "we beat that ..."

Classlessness at its best. 

hey we are still sec reg season champs and we had to win that one short handed. and for the auburn fans wanting us to lose our first sec tourney game you got your wish.

Gotta tip my hat to Colin Sexton. We already knew kid is a baller but his last 24 hours have been incredible.

So much for @GwillMac6 and I saying "hold everyone else and make 1 guy beat our team and we have a good shot"...well Sexton is an elite talent.

We have no shot if 2 of our 3 guards have off games and today Harper and Bryce were off today -- and Mustapha was solid but not great. Shake it off, put it behind us and lets go on a run starting next week. Depending on matchups we can still very much be a Sweet 16 team

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Me too...had a cardiologist appt...missed all of the 2nd half... ...just checked the comments......dang good thing I did not have to sit through that disaster.  ?

it was hell...............

South Carolina and Florida each had a double bye last year in the SEC Tourney and each lost on Friday.  They played each other in the Elite Eight two weeks later.  What I'm saying is, there's still a lot of ball to go.  Win two games next weekend and no one cares about today.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Gotta tip my hat to Colin Sexton. We already knew kid is a baller but his last 24 hours have been incredible.

So much for @GwillMac6 and I saying "hold everyone else and make 1 guy beat our team and we have a good shot"...well Sexton is an elite talent.

We have no shot if 2 of our 3 guards have off games and today Harper and Bryce were off today -- and Mustapha was solid but not great. Shake it off, put it behind us and lets go on a run starting next week. Depending on matchups we can still very much be a Sweet 16 team

We could have taken Sexton going off if we don't go stone cold shooting.  I mean, we were even missing layups.  

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

We could have taken Sexton going off if we don't go stone cold shooting.  I mean, we were even missing layups.  

Right. We were uncharacteristically bad today and he was just on fire. Perfect storm for them. I seriously thought if Petty had another clunker like he did last time we would win easily. He shot 2/10 and we still got blown out. The layups were painful and we had ZERO fast break points for the game. 

It's ok, sucks it's vs Bama but lets focus on winning the weekend next week. We can still do that and the odds are against us playing so poorly as a team again IMO

Just now, AU Is Gold said:

I'm okay with losing this game as long as Alabama doesn't win the SEC tournament and we retain our current 3 seed.

Hate to say it but the 3 seed is gone

Some of us were discussing how we would be fine with an early exit for more rest time for a longer run in the NCAA—and now we got it. More rest time for everyone. 

18 minutes ago, around4ever said:

SO the jerk of a strength coach, Scott Cochran gets in Coach Pearl's face after the game.  The SEC better take a look at the film and take action against him. 

It wasn’t Cochran. It was a dumpy guy with a ponytail. 

Just now, alexava said:

Too many references to the loss of McLemore. We were bad today. Anfernee was not the excuse to use. 

Anfernee was not going to shoot 8 out of 10 with 12 rebs in the 2nd half and shut down Collin Sexton. People just need to calm down.

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Too many references to the loss of McLemore. We were bad today. Anfernee was not the excuse to use. 

yes but add wiley and the other kid and i think we did great. losing anfernee was the final dagger. we might get another win or two but we have played short handed

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

At least we our going to the tourney . TBH, this team has surpassed crazy expectations and have been playing over their heads since the accusations. 

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

It wasn’t Cochran. It was a dumpy guy with a ponytail. 

Tess said it was Cochran. That's what I was going on.  It was not on the telecast was it?  

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

For those interested in what got Pearl so upset after the game. 

Looks like a whole bunch of nothing to me. 

Yeah what the heck? Some talking points for ESPN though .

Celebrate the SEC championship and realize that being down three scholarship players finally caught up with us. It is a long season and the wear and tear on the bodies has been exacerbated by not having those three guys. Pretty amazing accomplishment, when one thinks about it. 

15 minutes ago, Tiger said:

This is def a concern now. It is a trend. Last few road games of the year Harper and Bryce were off. No more home games. All neutral from here on out. So far they are 0 for 1. They are acting like home babies when their talent is much better than that and they showed earlier in the season they can shine on the road. No time for this now.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is def a concern now. It is a trend. Last few road games of the year Harper and Bryce were off. No more home games. All neutral from here on out. So far they are 0 for 1. They are acting like home babies when their talent is much better than that and they showed earlier in the season they can shine on the road. No time for this now.

I agree it's a little concerning as much as I'm trying to ignore it since we played the worst half of bball of the entire season today. Is Bryce's foot injury still bothering him because he has not been the same since he got injured. Harper is seemingly hitting a wall, I thought maybe some rest was what we needed and our 1st half we looked good but we it was atrocious in the 2nd.

Maybe this spanking is a big refocusing tool.

Not hitting the panic button yet, we played awful as a team today and even if we had Anfernee it wouldn't have made a difference with how we shot the ball today

I think we just aren't the same without McLemore.  Not only was he a rim protector, he was a good rebounder and three point shooter.  He made other people's big men have to come out of the paint to guard him.  Plus, his absence took Spencer out of a role that was working well for him - coming off the bench for 15 mins a game to spell Mac and others and exposed his liabilities as a scorer and defender (he fouls a lot).  Additionally, his absence exposed Murray, Spencer and Okeke to more minutes so they weren't as fresh.  

Now if Brown isn't hurt and Harper doesn't lose his touch as well, we probably survive that anyway.  But we can't have Brown out of commission, Harper shooting poorly AND Mac out all at the same time.

54 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Raise your hand if you wanted to play Alabama over A&M because of Auburn's size disadvantage if they played A&M.

Yep

Archived