Men vs Alabama

tgrogan21

i love my tigers win lose or draw. they fell apart but i will not talk trash about my own team. heck i can barely run to the bathroom.......lol

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our record of late is not good. We missed McLemore. I hope we get a good matchup in the first round of the Tourney.

4 minutes ago, Awbee said:

This team gave up in the second half. Which is kinda of mind boggling considering they were up by 10 coming out of it. Pathetic effort today. 

They didn't give up, they just played terribly and Sexton went off at the same time.  We couldn't hit anything and started pressing and made it worse.

This was so bad. I guess you can make a case now for having a little bit of a bye before playing in the tournament but does that really matter too much? Good gosh what a bad half. Harper, Brown, and Staph have to get it going. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Our record of late is not good. We missed McLemore. I hope we get a good matchup in the first round of the Tourney.

Preferably one that can't shoot or defend.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

They didn't give up, they just played terribly and Sexton went off at the same time.  We couldn't hit anything and started pressing and made it worse.

Ok  they didn't give up, you're right. But played terribly is an understatement lol 

what is bruce upset about concerning the handshake line?  sexton doing the funky chicken again?

As frustrating as this is, we have had a great season and it's not over.  Congrats to the team on the accomplishments of the season.  Now let's get some rest and get ready for the Show. 

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

Were just not that good 

Not sure I agree. We’re just not that consistent is probably what I would say. When we’re on, we’re one of the best in the country. 

SO the jerk of a strength coach, Scott Cochran gets in Coach Pearl's face after the game.  The SEC better take a look at the film and take action against him. 

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

Were just not that good 

That's an incredibly unfair assessment. We're burning the candle at both ends, but that doesn't mean we're not good.

1 thing we have got to do when we are not hitting our 3's is force the tempo. Instead of Harper walking the ball up the court he needs to run it up. We play our worst when the tempo is slowest and we run the play clock inside 10 seconds. We play our optimum best offense when we only work the clock about 10-15 seconds.

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

SO the jerk of a strength coach, Scott Cochran gets in Coach Pearl's face after the game.  The SEC better take a look at the film and take action against him. 

Is that what the issue was?  I had turned it off but heard Pearl was pissed about something.

people are hurting right now. i am. i am sure some just need to blow off some steam.   and man does coach avery not talk like a girl?

10 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're getting at.  One word paragraphs aren't very informative.

It doesn’t matter. If it did they’d have kicked our ass in the first half. I doubt Avery used it pregame but I’m perfectly positive he didn’t use it at halftime. Hence your digging up a few words of celebration inadvertently caught on camera is irrelevant. That crap is for immature fans. Not players or coaches. 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Is that what the issue was?  I had turned it off but heard Pearl was pissed about something.

Damn I missed this as well as I turned my stream off at the end. 

Anybody got video of this?

9 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

If they play only one half of basketball it's not going to matter much who we play.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes. 

dont care about the L honestly, I wanted this season to end after the USC game.

Bama dropped bands on Colin Sexton, but bigger money will prevail when they have to defend Purifoy w/o him (plus find a way to hold Wiley) next season. Id be SHOCKED if the boys dont annihilate UA everywhere anywhere 

1 minute ago, The Plainsman said:

We won the conference, and are headed to the Tourney.   

Expectation exceeded if we go back a little.  

Once McLemore got hurt, I consider every win after that as gravy on top of a great season.  No expectations any longer.  We were a fantastic team until that point.  Now we're an incomplete but scrappy and talented team with a lot of heart.

3 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

That's an incredibly unfair assessment. We're burning the candle at both ends, but that doesn't mean we're not good.

It’s fair when you are responding to a comment saying we quit. Or didn’t try or care. We had a bad game. We are not good enough to expect to win a game like that. Hence 

Just now, AUDevil said:

Once McLemore got hurt, I consider every win after that as gravy on top of a great season.  No expectations any longer.  We were a fantastic team until that point.  Now we're an incomplete but scrappy and talented team with a lot of heart.

well said!

Archived