got beat by our rival/inferior team.

AUIH1

Bruce is MORE edit than he is substance.

wde

Don't need to use that word. If you want to bash BP go ahead but watch the language please

Golf

Except for we just had one of the best seasons in Auburn history and it’s because of Bruce. You sound ignorant. 

28 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Bruce is MORE edit than he is substance.

wde

He's got the BS but he's also gotten a lot of mileage out of a team with no size and if you believe the league coaches, without an all star.  

As for inferior team, in my view the only thing inferior about bama was the coaching job by Johnson.   .  bama has the 7th ranked recruiting class for 2017 with 4 top 100 players ....only behind the usual powers...Duke, Az and the like.   Has great size, a couple seniors leaders and some serious shooters and still just managed to limp into the NCAA tourney

27 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Bruce is MORE edit than he is substance.

wde

Damn right, he is.  I am so mad at him. The fact he only took an 18-14 team to 25 wins and a championship without two of his best three players on the roster is downright disgusting.  This is YEAR FOUR guys.  I don't know about y'all, but I'm getting flipping tired of missing the NCAA tournament.  We hired Bruce Pearl to get us back to the tournament first and foremost, and if conference championships came with that it'd be a plus.  But I wanted the ****** NCAA tourney.  And the fact that he can't even deliver on that....

These posts are getting ridiculous.

Realistically, what was our original goal coming in this season? I’m pretty certain we would want nothing more than a trip to NCAA. The same tournament that we have not been dancing for 15 years.

15 years. That’s more than 5,000 days. A heck of a long time to wait.

And even with that, our hope was darkened significantly when we learned Wiley and Purifoy weren’t going to play. 

So what happened next? We go out and made an incredible run, winning 14 straight. We would have won the conference outright by two or three games had McLemore been playing. 

We’ve had lost three of our major cogs of this team. What did we do next? We clawed our way to win the SEC regular season title. 

For a team that hasn’t even sniffed the tournament in one and half decades, let alone a chance of a top four seed, you guys have a strange way of showing appreciation of what we had just done. 

It sucks, sure, but it is what it is, and we are going to dance. Finally. In 15 years. With Burnt orange and navy blue tuxedo that’s been dusty hanging in your closet. It’s going to be one dance that is going to end, but memories will always be remembered. And, this could, nay, will be the start of many dances to come. 

I can’t wait for Sunday. 

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

He's got the BS but he's also gotten a lot of mileage out of a team with no size and if you believe the league coaches, without an all star.  

As for inferior team, in my view the only thing inferior about bama was the coaching job by Johnson.   .  bama has the 7th ranked recruiting class for 2017 with 4 top 100 players ....only behind the usual powers...Duke, Az and the like.   Has great size, a couple seniors leaders and some serious shooters and still just managed to limp into the NCAA tourney

not saying they are not a talented team but other than Sexton, which of those top 100 players have been a difference maker? also, which seniors are you speaking of?  we were the better team and just got beat. plain and simple.

17 minutes ago, bigman334 said:

not saying they are not a talented team but other than Sexton, which of those top 100 players have been a difference maker? also, which seniors are you speaking of?  we were the better team and just got beat. plain and simple.

Thought Hall was a senior...only a junior but guys who under performed include Petty who I understand was the best player in the state last year and they had 6 players as tall or taller than our tallest player and were bigger at every position.    Just saying, they had more talent if the player ratings mean anything and certainly more depth. and no reason for anyone to declare them "inferior" other than perhaps their coach. 

Raise your hand if you're surprised to see this poster's post. :-\

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Don't need to use that word. If you want to bash BP go ahead but watch the language please

Golf

Are? You? Serious?

I’m as much a nega-barner as anyone, but I 100% disagree with this post. Yes, I’m disappointed and truly thought that we had this game in hand at halftime. BUT Bruce Pearl didn’t go over 8 minutes without hitting a field goal. Harper & Brown have to get their shot & their confidence back. I don’t understand Bryce Brown... I thought he was back after the South Carolina game. Harper hasn’t been the same since we beat UAT. 

Pearl also couldn’t help the Purifoy, Wiley, & McLemore situations. If we get those 3 plus Doughty next year, then we will beat the breaks off of UAT next year.

2 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Golf

Lol to this first part (not Golf)

Lol this is about as silly as it gets

We played the worst game of the season at a bad time but Bruce can't shoot it for the guys. We were off, it sucks it was vs Bama but it happens. We can refocus and win the weekend next week and go from there. I would rather our literal worst showing come today instead of next week. 

If there's anything to be concerned about it's that we have the 2nd youngest roster in the nation and have to hope the guys can bounce back for the real tourney. But the bottom line is we simply cannot afford to have 2 of our 3 guards have poor games.  

How do you tell when someone hasn’t watched Auburn basketball all season and only tuned into this game?  Make a thread like this.

15 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Golf

@AUIH1 is easily the most negative, Auburn hating poster on this forum. The only time he's not posting hateful stuff is when he takes one of his leaves of absence. I wish he'd be absent more often for longer periods of time. This board is a better place without him.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

@AUIH1 is easily the most negative, Auburn hating poster on this forum. The only time he's not posting hateful stuff is when he takes one of his leaves of absence. I wish he'd be absent more often for longer periods of time. This board is a better place without him.

Maybe.... but he is guaranteed to "kick the ant hill" with his posts...need a few folks who are guaranteed to create a reaction..

lets start a go fund me to send au1h1 to dale carnegie class. who is with me?

I didn't post anything about the game on purpose because I was fussing at my television the entire game. Obviously that wasn't effective because the players couldn't hear me anyway. Questioning Bruce is really supporting the saying about "opening your mouth and removing all doubt" in regard to being ignorant of such things. The guys had a terrible half and that is where it starts and stops. 

AUIHI is good people. Similar to myself, he just holds a higher disdain to getting worked by our rivals. 

7 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Yeah. Stop the gloom and doom. Auburn Basketball is playing in a tournament to win the national championship. Enjoy the ride! We’re already champions! 

yeah but sure didn't play like it. To not even be competitive is worrisome. Cant get up to play your rival? Auburn should be playing with high confidence 

going into the tournament. Instead we saw a timid, confused, and I don't want to ne here body language team.

Auburn is much better than what we saw yesterday, lets hope that other team shows up going forward.

Archived