Softball vs. LSU

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Do you really think we or LSU use anybody except the top two? A very few years ago one softball pitcher would throw the entire weekend series unless the game got out of hand. I don't see us going deeper than two barring unforeseen circumstances such as an injury or blowout one way or the other.

I still think either Kaylee or Makayla will start, probably Martin.  I definitely think Hoover starts for LSU being how we couldn't hit her last night much.  Ashley does have starting experience from last year and as mentioned, Harris is dynamic. 

If we can break out the bats today early, I can easily see Harris getting 4th inning entry with a good early lead.  Of course offense will be tough against their pitchers. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two LSU pitchers are as good of a pair as we will see in the conference.  Our pitchers held their own with them even with Carlson not being at her best.  It was good for our hitters to see both pitchers several times last night. It will help in the next two games. 

11 hours ago, saminbama said:

An out called when a slapper stepped out of the box was the difference in the game.  Hope we learn from this one.

Vehemently disagree here. It's unfair to Crocker to put the blame soley on her shoulders.  That's just completely ridiculous.  We had 4 errors on defense that made more of an impact than one player stepping out of the box.

4 hours ago, around4ever said:

You are correct.  There were several things that made a difference in the outcome.  Pinpointing one as the difference was wrong and I apologize to KK and anybody bothered by my remark. 

Ditto.

3 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Vehemently disagree here. It's unfair to Crocker to put the blame soley on her shoulders.  That's just completely ridiculous.  We had 4 errors on defense that made more of an impact than one player stepping out of the box.

Maybe I should clarify myself.  Yes, there were several other plays that contributed to the outcome, but I put this loss on the coaching staff, not the players.   It was coaching that had Podany out of position in the first inning.  It was coaching or lack thereof that hasn't taught our slappers to not step out of the box and it was coaching that left Martin in the game too long.  Btw.  Only 1 of the 4 errors cost us a run.  The rest were overcome by other great defensive plays and pitching.

Archived