Baseball vs Northeastern Doubleheader

3 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

I thought he had the run. What a throw home

Not even the throw.  The dive to stop the ball is what saved that run for them.  Hell of a play.

Have to say that the rally dance is a bit too much....especially from a bunch of guys with almost no rhythm .....:-\

Tough game....sooner or later it was bound to happen and tonight was some quality baseball by both teams....

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Have to say that the rally dance is a bit too much....especially from a bunch of guys with almost no rhythm .....:-\

WTH? They're college kids having a good time. I don't know why you'd care. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

WTH? They're college kids having a good time. I don't know why you'd care. 

looks dumb.....but they can do what they want as you note....but still looks dumb...JMO

Auburn, Florida State and Louisville were the only three undefeateds coming into today.  FSU lost twice to Wake today.  Louisville now the last one standing. 

There are some good teams with really ugly records.  UNC was the pre-season #6...record is now 7-7.  LSU has lost the last two to Hawaii and Louisiana Lafayette.

14 hours ago, AU64 said:

#OldFuddyDuddy #SourPuss

14 hours ago, AU64 said:

looks dumb.....but they can do what they want as you note....but still looks dumb...JMO

You're probably the only one it bothers....:-\

14 hours ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Man at least they broke up the no hitter. Hard fought game tonight

To have that experience and learn from it will help them later on. They will face that kind of pitching from here on out. 

57 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You're probably the only one it bothers....:-\

I recall a couple years ago when everyone was upset over the Tennessee girls dancing around during the softball game....and at least they had rhythm. 

But seem to me that baseball has mostly had a sense of decorum over the years and guess some of us  #OldFuddyDuddy #Sourpuss types still think that's a good thing.  Sorry my opinion bothers you so much. 

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

To have that experience and learn from it will help them later on. They will face that kind of pitching from here on out. 

On occasion yes but this kid is a Friday #1 SEC starter type pitcher. Some Saturday, Sunday, & even Friday SEC pitchers we face will not pitch as good as he did.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I recall a couple years ago when everyone was upset over the Tennessee girls dancing around during the softball game....and at least they had rhythm. 

But seem to me that baseball has mostly had a sense of decorum over the years and guess some of us  #OldFuddyDuddy #Sourpuss types still think that's a good thing.  Sorry my opinion bothers you so much. 

For crying out loud man. It's the 9th inning of a tough ball game where you are trying to keep a season opening winning streak to keep going. Most importantly, these are 18-21 year old kids man. Let them have a little fun in a tight sitch. They had a better chance of coming back to win being loose like they were than if they were tight & tensed up.

Lastly, below is 64, except it's all sports, not just football....

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

On occasion yes but this kid is a Friday #1 SEC starter type pitcher. Some Saturday, Sunday, & even Friday SEC pitchers we face will not pitch as good as he did.

Do you feel they intentionally did not pitch him the same time as Mize? Better chance to get a game? I read he had a very low era (like 1.42?)

18 hours ago, AU64 said:

Looked okay.  At 15-0 they're entitled to run butt naked to the foul pole and back dancing if they want to.  I'll say Danny Hall's Georgia Tech teams are an impressive(?) bunch when it comes to dugout shenanigans in game.  

That sounds good and hope no one is offended when an opposition team is rubbing our nose in it...just saying....

3 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Do you feel they intentionally did not pitch him the same time as Mize? Better chance to get a game? I read he had a very low era (like 1.42?)

No. Honestly I'm not sure even their staff knew how good he would be this year. He was pretty bad last year as a freshman. He's been their #3 starter all season so far. I hope he stays their for a couple more weeks at least so they can go in & have a good as a chance as possible to take a game @ Texas Tech.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

That sounds good and hope no one is offended when an opposition team is rubbing our nose in it...just saying....

How in Sam Hill is it rubbing another team's nose in it when the dancing team is losing the game?

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I think it may be more than occasionally.....from what I've been reading and hearing the SEC is loaded with great pitching talent right now. 

I still think Big Cody should wind up being a weekend starter.  I like the fact that Smith has not been tardy pulling guys in relief. It’s given a lot of young guys the feel for where they need to be. We’ve got to find one more middle guy that can consistently give us two or three innings for the rare occasions the the Cobra isn’t “on”. I believe we are one strong mid inning reliever and a power closer away from Omaha. Pretty sure one of those guys is on the roster already. 

Archived