Null



ClaytonAU

Who’s Excited?

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Better video

Perfect song for that video............thanks for sharing. One question I could not understand/hear what CBP said at the end when he said Kansas 1 seed , Duke 2, Mich St. 3 and Auburn  after that I could not figure out what he said. Any help?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Perfect song for that video............thanks for sharing. One question I could not understand/hear what CBP said at the end when he said Kansas 1 seed , Duke 2, Mich St. 3 and Auburn  after that I could not figure out what he said. Any help?

"Kansas, Duke, Michigan State, and Auburn...all household names in college basketball"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

"Kansas, Duke, Michigan State, and Auburn...all household names in college basketball"

thanks SC thought that was it but not sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is the most i've looked forward to a NCAA tournament in a really long time. Crazy to see Auburn in there. Major props to the team for making it happen. Losing to alabama in the tourney was a crappy way to end the season but this was a great reminder that the season goes on! Its going to be tough to get a win out of this but i'm really pulling that the team will find a way to make it happen. We managed to beat bama and USCe with our current lineup and had close losses to FL and Arky which were both away games and solid tourny teams. So we have the good to win a game or 2 if we play well. Team has surprised me all season so hoping they have a couple more left in the bag!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this was a.bit of a conspiracy theory but the more I look the more it's slightly too coincidental that every team mentioned in the FBI investigation got either left out as a bubble team or seeded lower than most expected. If the committee has marching orders, refs in close games may be "aware" as well. We'll see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Auburn get seeded lower then expected? I thought we got seeded pretty good considering we kinda limped across the finish line and got blew out our only SEC tourney game. But i did read where the committee no longer looks (or is not supposed to)  at how a team finished the season as criteria for seeding. They take in the whole body of work. So i guess if you look at it in that view then i could see where we maybe should have been a 3 instead of a 4.....but hard to complain much about being 1 spot lower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Did Auburn get seeded lower then expected? I thought we got seeded pretty good considering we kinda limped across the finish line and got blew out our only SEC tourney game. But i did read where the committee no longer looks (or is not supposed to)  at how a team finished the season as criteria for seeding. They take in the whole body of work. So i guess if you look at it in that view then i could see where we maybe should have been a 3 instead of a 4.....but hard to complain much about being 1 spot lower. 

They must look at everything ....bama was almost certainly out until Sexton came to life and beat the aggies and lit up Auburn.   ....and several bubble teams lost quickly in their tournaments and fell out too.  

Three or four......not sure it makes much difference....either situation we are favored and should be able to get to the second round......after that, everyone needs to be dialed in with their shooting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I thought this was a.bit of a conspiracy theory but the more I look the more it's slightly too coincidental that every team mentioned in the FBI investigation got either left out as a bubble team or seeded lower than most expected. If the committee has marching orders, refs in close games may be "aware" as well. We'll see. 

Yeah USC getting left out was eye opening.  That and I wasn't shocked that ESPN's golden boy Trae Young's team got in after losing 11 out of their last 15 games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m excited to see Auburn in the tourney and hope they can get a couple wins to end the season on a high note.  I’d be through the roof if Auburn still had the lineup they were rocking till mid February.  I’m real excited about next season with the returning players and young guys who will have that experience. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

Yeah USC getting left out was eye opening.  That and I wasn't shocked that ESPN's golden boy Trae Young's team got in after losing 11 out of their last 15 games.

someone lost 11 out of last 15 and got in? Who the heck was that? They must have been undefeated when they hit the skids...lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

someone lost 11 out of last 15 and got in? Who the heck was that? They must have been undefeated when they hit the skids...lol.

Oklahoma - They were 12-1 and finished 18-13.  Back when they were doing good and Trae Young was on a tear ESPN would have a Trae Young ticket on the bottom, showing his stats for the game, right alongside NFL and NBA.  He was being compared to Steph Curry, but honestly I think the pressure got to him.  Kid can still pull up and shoot from about anywhere though.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/201

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

Yeah USC getting left out was eye opening.  That and I wasn't shocked that ESPN's golden boy Trae Young's team got in after losing 11 out of their last 15 games.

That was unreal and crappy imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell, Oklahoma didn’t win a game *the entire month of February* and got in....WTH?I think AU seed is fair and our draw as favorable as we could have seen. Just need to play hard, protect the basketball, and shoot better than we did against Bammer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As bad as we felt during our “skid across the finish line “ Oklahoma started it much earlier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AuburnTigers365 said:

How far do you guys see us going? Seems like the so called "experts" and people on Quibbl see our end running in the first or second round .

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get to the sweet 16. Our team is depleted and at the time when we should be playing our best we don't have the numbers to play our best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get to the sweet 16. Our team is depleted and at the time when we should be playing our best we don't have the numbers to play our best.

Team is depleted...but nearly a week of rest might help ....but mostly BP has to find a way to get a full 40 minutes out of them.....or certainly more than just 20 like it's mostly been for the last; month. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AuburnTigers365 said:

How far do you guys see us going? Seems like the so called "experts" and people on Quibbl see our end running in the first or second round .

I think we get past CoC.  Beyond that, it's a tossup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have us going to sweet 16 but that is wishful thinking more than anything. If I take off my O&B glasses I would probably pick us to go out in round 2 and would be tempted for round 1. We do match up well with CoC. 2 small teams that rely on great guard play. Their guards are older and have been playing better lately. But I’m hopeful we won’t have to play zone and can man these guys up. If we come out in zone they’ll light us up from 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now