Anthony Schwartz is Auburn Fast

AU-24

https://auburn.247sports.com/ContentGallery/Auburn-football-signee-Anthony-Schwartz-wins-national-60-meters-championship-116110346

First-ever indoor meet, and all he did was win the 60 meters!

ANTHONY SCHWARTZ - 60m NATIONAL CHAMPION!

✅ 6.59 for No. 2 ALL-TIME! Just off the HS National Record (6.57)

Aufast equals our coaches will handtime him running a 3.8 40 yard dash. Realistically though, he has legit speed.

Actually since every thread turns into a knock on the coaches in some way... I guess I should chime in to fit in...

with stupid Gus at the helm calling plays he will be the blocking WR.  I mean we clearly on the message board know more about what our players can do then the coaches.  

This dude is just fast on another level. Can’t wait to see him play but...... I wouldn’t mind seeing him give up football and go win an Olympic medal in track, all while repping Auburn. He has elite speed, for sure.

13 minutes ago, fredst said:

This dude is just fast on another level. Can’t wait to see him play but...... I wouldn’t mind seeing him give up football and go win an Olympic medal in track, all while repping Auburn. He has elite speed, for sure.

He definitely needs to pursue a career in track.

JS can throw the ball ten feet out front of Schwartz’s route and let him run to the ball full speed nobody could stop that play!

1 hour ago, DAG said:

He definitely needs to pursue a career in track.

With him being that fast the track career is the only thing he would be pursuing. Everyone else will be pursuing him. I hope his speed translates to success on the field. I have learned to temper my expectations on anyone until I see them in game situations. I wish I could get more excited about our recruits when they sign like others do. 

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

Actually since every thread turns into a knock on the coaches in some way... I guess I should chime in to fit in...

with stupid Gus at the helm calling plays he will be the blocking WR.  I mean we clearly on the message board know more about what our players can do then the coaches.  

Now you're starting to understand how things work around here. KUDOS!

5 hours ago, gr82be said:

With him being that fast the track career is the only thing he would be pursuing. Everyone else will be pursuing him. I hope his speed translates to success on the field. I have learned to temper my expectations on anyone until I see them in game situations. I wish I could get more excited about our recruits when they sign like others do. 

To be fair, our guys got to be put into positions, where their talents are utilized. One of our speed guys have been moved to corner. I hope he actually makes it there. This guy should see the field his freshman year, if anything for special teams, but I also think he should get the Eli stove unless his hands has gotten better tenfold. I can’t imagine Eli matches this dude speed.

We have three with this kind of speed in Iggy, Schwartz and Worm Shivers. Yes, Schwartz is the fastest by a half-step but they all can and do run sprints on track teams. There may be someone else that I'm forgetting. Maybe there are some 4x100 SEC track championships in AU's near future?

12 hours ago, corchjay said:

"Gus will find a way to waste his talents."

"Gus will run him into the ground."

"Gus still blew our chance with Justyn Ross."

"Gus is also responsible for our basketball team when they lose."

And also people who make those quotes:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, DAG said:

To be fair, our guys got to be put into positions, where their talents are utilized. One of our speed guys have been moved to corner. I hope he actually makes it there. This guy should see the field his freshman year, if anything for special teams, but I also think he should get the Eli stove unless his hands has gotten better tenfold. I can’t imagine Eli matches this dude speed.

No doubt he has the speed...but can he make the cut that allows him to elude the defensive back or take a pass across the middle without worrying about getting hit? ......or does he just run down the field in a sprint and hope the QB can get the ball to him?      Guess we will see how that works out.

BUT....still thinking he should do track....he's in reach to be a national treasure and sure would hate to see his track future ruined by the common knee and ankle injuries that football players suffer. 

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

No doubt he has the speed...but can he make the cut that allows him to elude the defensive back or take a pass across the middle without worrying about getting hit? ......or does he just run down the field in a sprint and hope the QB can get the ball to him?      Guess we will see how that works out.

BUT....still thinking he should do track....he's in reach to be a national treasure and sure would hate to see his track future ruined by the common knee and ankle injuries that football players suffer. 

He made the football plays in the high school all-star game that I watched. Also made some tough catches. I think he'll be great here with experience. Now, were this my son I'd do everything I could to get him off the football field and be a track man 24/7/365. (Don't tell anybody I said that!)

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

He has gotten a lot better at his route running from junior to senior year. At times he still gets alligator arms and misjudged passes. He is a threat due to his speed, but I definitely think he needs some polishing up in his WR ability. This is why I think early on he would benefit in the Eli stove role.

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

He has gotten a lot better at his route running from junior to senior year. At times he still gets alligator arms and misjudged passes. He is a threat due to his speed, but I definitely think he needs some polishing up in his WR ability. This is why I think early on he would benefit in the Eli stove role.

I think that is a fair judgement.  Now we can move Stove out.  It could be a good system for recruiting speed players.  While they develop their pass catching skills, have them run the sweeps, and once they "graduate," move them to a full time WR, and have the next speedster come in.  This way we keep our speed up, and become even more enticing to really fast players so they can showcase their speed immediately, and then become polished for their sophomore year.

He seems to have football speed and not just sprinter speed.  Noah seems more sprinter speed as of now.  Worm is every bit of football speed.

18 hours ago, corchjay said:

Let just hope he isn't another Harry Adams. Kid could fly but once the pads were he was a below average WR. Quit football and ran track at AU. Had a great track carrier at AU. Harry was probably the 2nd fastest guy AU has signed besides Schwartz at any position. 

18 hours ago, corchjay said:

And post like this make me want to start pointing out why people bash Gus. Something Gus has earned. 

35 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Let just hope he isn't another Harry Adams. Kid could fly but once the pads were he was a below average WR. Quit football and ran track at AU. Had a great track carrier at AU. Harry was probably the 2nd fastest guy AU has signed besides Schwartz at any position. 

He is the first I thought of

18 hours ago, toddc said:

JS can throw the ball ten feet out front of Schwartz’s route and let him run to the ball full speed nobody could stop that play!

Except when we play bammer or thuga. Even TN now. They will hold him the first 3 yards and hit him at the 8 yard mark of the route. 

10 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Except when we play bammer or thuga. Even TN now. They will hold him the first 3 yards and hit him at the 8 yard mark of the route. 

Certainly that is the way to play a guy like him.....so his first "move" on a pass route is to leave the DB looking for his jockey strap when gives him a juke and then goes by.  

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Certainly that is the way to play a guy like him.....so his first "move" on a pass route is to leave the DB looking for his jockey strap when gives him a juke and then goes by.  

Rarely with a legit DB.

wde

Tim Carter was a track speedster, with more straight line speed than lateral quicks, and he worked out OK.  He had a big return against LSU one year.

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

Rarely with a legit DB.

wde

maybe..... but even legit DBs don't see his speed much. .   And seems I see WRs break free in the NFL regularly so I'm guessing it can be done. 

Just now, AU64 said:

maybe..... but even legit DBs don't see his speed much. .   And seems I see WRs break free in the NFL regularly so I'm guessing it can be done. 

LOL, of course it can be done but I have no interest in the NFL.  I want this guy to succeed for AU, period.  But what pure speed as a WR has been successful unless they can catch the ball means what?  Note: I only care about AU football in this discussion and I could could give less than many craps.  Can he catch it when it the ball gets there?  Can our QB get it there to him?  We will find out.....The rest is to be determined.

wde

Archived