AU-24

8 hours ago, abw0004 said:

"Gus will find a way to waste his talents."

"Gus will run him into the ground."

"Gus still blew our chance with Justyn Ross."

"Gus is also responsible for our basketball team when they lose."

And also people who make those quotes:

giphy.gif

^ This ^ Plus Gus isn’t calling the plays anymore... I mean, except for the bad plays. The good plays are called by Chip.

Plus our WO recruiting and playing success has nothing to do with Gus nor our current WO coach.

25 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Tim Carter was a track speedster, with more straight line speed than lateral quicks, and he worked out OK.  He had a big return against LSU one year.

Speed was being discussed last week by some very knowledgeable people. Harry Adams was the fastest football player that has signed with AU till Schwartz. Was a little amazed at this. As far as true track speed. Schwartz is legit world class fast. 

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Speed was being discussed last week by some very knowledgeable people. Harry Adams was the fastest football player that has signed with AU till Schwartz. Was a little amazed at this. As far as true track speed. Schwartz is legit world class fast. 

OK, wtf did Harry Adams ever do on the football field and on the track for that matter? And this means what as a WR for Schwartz on the football field other than he is fast?

wde

24 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Football speed in the 40...

Harry Adams: 4.37   http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/1648/auburn-s-adams-moves-back-to-receiver

Tim Carter: 4.32   http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/02/ranking_auburns_fastest_40-yar.html

Had Tim focused on the track team I wonder if he could have matched Harry.

27 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

OK, wtf did Harry Adams ever do on the football field and on the track for that matter? And this means what as a WR for Schwartz on the football field other than he is fast?

wde

He covered that on page 1.

I'm assuming y'all are only counting electronic times...

It's been said Alexander Wright clocked in at the combine at 4.14 in the 40 (manually clocked).

He was a fair to middlin WR at Auburn in his day.

2 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/c-track/mtt/harry_adams_561565.html

Know before you criticize...

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Actually I was the fastest at Auburn until Harry Adams showed up the little dude was slightly faster

AD9162CB-905E-44F7-8D35-56A70DD6A34B.gif

50 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Do you know where you are?     the complaints always come before the research is done. ...... "research is your friend"   .....

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And post like this make me want to start pointing out why people bash Gus. Something Gus has earned. 

Hey WDEWDE! I wonder what the 40 time is for the guy wearing the #19 Auburn jersey? (LOL)

Lord Maxwell the Corgi is the worlds 45th fastest Corgi in the 20 yard kibble to nibble competition ran it in 3.8 seconds

On 3/12/2018 at 1:00 PM, auburnphan said:

He seems to have football speed and not just sprinter speed

Agree, looks like a wide receiver first who happens to be extremely fast. Catches the ball cleanly in all the different routes he runs.

16 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Actually I was the fastest at Auburn until Harry Adams showed up the little dude was slightly faster

Fastest beer drinker?

Alexander Wright says Hello to all...?

Does he project more in the sweep role or fly pattern role? I am fully expecting AS to have one or the other and be asked to do that exclusively like the rest of our WRs and with burners it feels like they are either the fly man or the sweep man. I suppose the sweep guy has to have more cutting ability and provide a little more wiggle. Where does Schwartz fit into our O?

Alexander Wright says Hello to all...?

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Does he project more in the sweep role or fly pattern role? I am fully expecting AS to have one or the other and be asked to do that exclusively like the rest of our WRs and with burners it feels like they are either the fly man or the sweep man. I suppose the sweep guy has to have more cutting ability and provide a little more wiggle. Where does Schwartz fit into our O?

If he wants immediate PT, he needs to be in for sweeps and short passes in the flats. He would be a good safety valve. He needs some polishing up at WR before I believe he is ready to make an impact there.

On 3/12/2018 at 7:44 PM, augolf1716 said:

I hate to break it to you, but there is a difference between being blazing and being lit.....:Sing:

On 3/12/2018 at 9:22 AM, AU64 said:

No doubt he has the speed...but can he make the cut that allows him to elude the defensive back or take a pass across the middle without worrying about getting hit? ......or does he just run down the field in a sprint and hope the QB can get the ball to him?      Guess we will see how that works out.

BUT....still thinking he should do track....he's in reach to be a national treasure and sure would hate to see his track future ruined by the common knee and ankle injuries that football players suffer. 

That's the key...

Give that ability to Onterio McCalebb and he'd have a very different career.

Archived