Auburn gets the shaft on NCAA Tourney Location

BHDAU1

On 3/11/2018 at 10:20 PM, bigbird said:

If I was still in college, I would organize the greatest road trip to San Diego.  It would be a week long expedition across the nation and it would be awesome.

Did that a few times. One of the trips was to Austin when we played the Longhorns. One of my best friends was a running back at Auburn and he married a Tx. girl . Her Dad had a lake house  near Austin that a bunch of us stayed at. Not a happy ending 35-27 Tx.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Did that a few times. One of the trips was to Austin when we played the Longhorns. One of my best friends was a running back at Auburn and he married a Tx. girl . Her Dad had a lake house  near Austin that a bunch of us stayed at. Not a happy ending 35-27 Tx.

And Bo with a hurt shoulder. I know because I walked around a corner on campus a week or two later and ran right into his arm that was in a sling. I am probably the reason he wasn’t back in the lineup sooner ?

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

And Bo with a hurt shoulder. I know because I walked around a corner on campus a week or two later and ran right into his arm that was in a sling. I am probably the reason he wasn’t back in the lineup sooner ?

Yep damn Jerry Gray knocked him out of the game. Jerry was one hell of a player. He also ran down Bo for a tackle from behind. And damn you for doing that

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Surely you were long gone from college in ‘84?  

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Yep damn Jerry Gray knocked him out of the game. Jerry was one hell of a player. He also ran down Bo for a tackle from behind. And damn you for doing that

Jerry wore our a** out two years in a row, ‘83 & ‘84. It was his fault not mine. I’m pretty sure Bo didn’t feel me when I ran into him even though I felt like I had run into a brick wall, lol.

On 3/12/2018 at 8:56 AM, augolf1716 said:

I hate Omaha worked there for a few years but I hope we make it there

Well, any city that is home to Sullivan's Steakhouse isn't all bad. Good steak, good whiskey and the uh, scenery that was working in there was exceptional.

Speaking of shaft...why did 11th seed UCLA have to play another 11th seed to get a real spot in the bracket?   If they had done that to us I would really be upset

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Speaking of shaft...why did 11th seed UCLA have to play another 11th seed to get a real spot in the bracket?   If they had done that to us I would really be upset

I don't know the real answer but I'm assuming it's because the 11 seed teams are pretty much the least deserving at-large teams to get in and I suppose they'd rather the 2 bubble teams fighting for that one last spot in the particular region battle it out. I like it, and if we were in the position -- like say if we didn't lose so many down the stretch last year and won a few games in the SEC tourney we may have been slotted in one of these play-in games -- and I'd prefer that than to have the committee try to determine who's more deserving. Letting the teams play the game leaves no doubt about who should get that final slot.

JMO of course lol

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I don't know the real answer but I'm assuming it's because the 11 seed teams are pretty much the least deserving at-large teams to get in and I suppose they'd rather the 2 bubble teams fighting for that one last spot in the particular region battle it out. I like it, and if we were in the position -- like say if we didn't lose so many down the stretch last year and won a few games in the SEC tourney we may have been slotted in one of these play-in games -- and I'd prefer that than to have the committee try to determine who's more deserving. Letting the teams play the game leaves no doubt about who should get that final slot.

JMO of course lol

Could be...but Middle Tenn is a 12 as is Syracuse...so maybe it was a signal to the PAC to get their basketball programs up to speed.?

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Could be...but Middle Tenn is a 12 as is Syracuse...so maybe it was a signal to the PAC to get their basketball programs up to speed.?

Not sure I understand. Middle didn't make the field at all and Syracuse is playing in the other 11 seeded play-in game tonight vs Arizona State.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Not sure I understand. Middle didn't make the field at all and Syracuse is playing in the other 11 seeded play-in game tonight vs Arizona State.

Oh, you are right.......so maybe I looked at the bracketolgist before the actual seedings...

I see what you are talking about...but funny that two of the three PAC teams were the last ones in the at-large.....so guess that is still a message to the conference that their basketball sucks.....

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Oh, you are right.......so maybe I looked at the bracketolgist before the actual seedings...

I see what you are talking about...but funny that two of the three PAC teams were the last ones in the at-large.....so guess that is still a message to the conference that their basketball sucks.....

Oh yeah, 2/3 of their representation might not even make it to the 1st round LOL!

I saw a stat last night that said teams from conferences with less than X number of bids have never won a championship, and the Pac12 was definitely below that threshold. So for anyone who picked Arizona to win the championship may want to reconsider ;D

How long is the drive from Auburn to Charleston? 6-7 hours tops probably less? Yet we play them all the way on the left coast. BFE. That’s what I find ridiculous. But I couldn’t go if it was in my backyard so I’ll stop whining. 

On 3/12/2018 at 8:31 AM, AU64 said:

Seems they also ranked the seeds in some fashion....note that Duke got Pittsburgh and UNC got Charlotte...both were 2 seeds.

I note that Kentucky is a 5 and playing in Idaho (bet the blue nation will follow them there too) and whoever gets bama as a 9 seed could have their hands full if Johnson turns Sexton loose. . 

Duke was ranked one spot behind UNC in the overall ranking, which is why they got the closer first weekend site. 

Well....the PAC's last two teams in are the first two out....both of their 11 seeds lost this week and the PAC only has one team in the field of 64 as ASU and UCLA both lost their play-in game.

Arizona left to carry the flag for the conference but they might take the view of some here and erase the conference logo from their basketball floor ....for certain, none of their conference teams helped them make it to the final four...did not furnish them enough competition and the SOS ratings probably dragged them down too. 

SO....today is the big day when the real bracket work begins...

I HATE the 11 seed play in. Think its b.s. But apparently its because they are the "lowest at large bids". I still say the 16's or something should have to play in or get rid of as many teams so that the 11's do have to have a play in game.

Archived