Men's basketball Fri 6:30 PM

WarTiger

Thought this should have its own thread.   We are tipping off in San Diego at 6:30 PM central on TruTV.    Glad I don't have to miss work for this one.

2018-NCAA-Midwest-Bracket-640x360.jpg

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

That is great news as I too will be off work by then!

Work ?  what's that?  I forget?     :dunno:  But a good time....prime time in our part of the world. 

26 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Work ?  what's that?  I forget?     :dunno:  But a good time....prime time in our part of the world. 

Do you think you will make it to the end of the game?;D

Just now, SumterAubie said:

Do you think you will make it to the end of the game?;D

I can handle that....will probably grill up my monthly hamburger and enjoy the party..... thanks for the encouragement....:)

Hopefully our Auburn Club in LA can get a group together for the game.

Just for conversation, Charleston is not a joke opponent IMHO and brings at least a couple competitive issues for us to the table. They have 2 really good 3 pt shooting guards and they 3 times this season beat a Northeastern team (RPI in the 50s) that plays zone schemes extremely similar to ours. 

Glad to see 8 SEC teams at the big dance.

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Just for conversation, Charleston is not a joke opponent IMHO and brings at least a couple competitive issues for us to the table. They have 2 really good 3 pt shooting guards and they 3 times this season beat a Northeastern team (RPI in the 50s) that plays zone schemes extremely similar to ours. 

hope 7 of them lose first round

Go Auburn!

7 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Go Auburn!

Like it or not, if AU were not in the SEC and getting power points from the league reputation we might not be playing this week.   A strong SEC helps everyone including Auburn.  I'd like all of them to win that first game .....but afterward?....who cares...:dunno:

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

The only time I can't watch the tournament this week is 5-8PM Friday night.   Gonna have to trust my new staff possibly

ALERT ALERT ALERT *** PROUD BUSINESS OWNER HUMBLE BRAG ALERT *** ALERT ALERT *** PROUD BUSINESS OWNER HUMBLE BRAG ALERT *** ALERT ALERT *** PROUD BUSINESS OWNER HUMBLE BRAG ALERT *** ALERT ALERT *** PROUD BUSINESS OWNER HUMBLE BRAG ALERT *** ALERT ALERT *** PROUD BUSINESS OWNER HUMBLE BRAG ALERT *** ALERT ALERT *** PROUD BUSINESS OWNER HUMBLE BRAG ALERT *** ALERT ALERT *** PROUD BUSINESS OWNER HUMBLE BRAG ALERT *** ALERT ALERT *** PROUD BUSINESS OWNER HUMBLE BRAG ALERT *** ALERT ALERT *** PROUD BUSINESS OWNER HUMBLE BRAG ALERT *** ALERT ALERT *** PROUD BUSINESS OWNER HUMBLE BRAG ALERT *** ALERT ALERT *** PROUD BUSINESS OWNER HUMBLE BRAG ALERT *** ALERT ALERT *** PROUD BUSINESS OWNER HUMBLE BRAG ALERT *** ALERT ALERT *** PROUD BUSINESS OWNER HUMBLE BRAG ALERT *** ALERT ALERT *** PROUD BUSINESS OWNER HUMBLE BRAG ALERT *** ALERT ALERT *** PROUD BUSINESS OWNER HUMBLE BRAG ALERT *** ALERT ALERT

Just kidding with ya!

30 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Like it or not, if AU were not in the SEC and getting power points from the league reputation we might not be playing this week.   A strong SEC helps everyone including Auburn.  I'd like all of them to win that first game .....but afterward?....who cares...:dunno:

Auburn would be in without league rep points this year. We're easily a top 25 team even without a full line up.

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

Go Auburn!

I wouldn't mind punking a couple in rematches during the NCAA tournament. One in particular comes to mind. 

52 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Auburn would be in without league rep points this year. We're easily a top 25 team even without a full line up.

IF we were not in the league do you think most or even a few current SEC teams would be on our schedule?   Or that we could recruit the same quality of players?  

Of course not....most of our current schedule would not be playing us home and home...... we would be like the Mid Majors scrambling to find enough teams to build up an reasonable RPI and having to play the better teams on the road.  

Also, the PAC 12 is a crappy conference in basketball so teams playing each other in that league get little credit in the RPI calculations and then have only 3 teams in the  tournament.

It's pretty well accepted that few schools can make it on their own.....hence all the conference mergers  . Even the vaunted Notre Dame finally realized that they could not make it without a conference affiliation and conversely , BYU decided to go independent and about every sport there is paying a price for it.   

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Good points and was looking at this piece today  comparing AU and Charleston,.....and considering where AU ranks nationally in many of the stats it makes me wonder how we've stayed at the top of the league.      Other than FTs, our shooting is poor and the turnover rate is bad.    We rank high in blocked shots but most of that was before AMc was hurt I think. 

Anyway.....team has outperformed most of it's stats. 

http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2018/03/how_auburn_basketball_college.html

20 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Thought this should have its own thread.   We are tipping off in San Diego at 6:30 PM central on TruTV.    Glad I don't have to miss work for this one.

Don't know how I feel playing after Impractical Jokers.

Charleston is considered the best mid major in the tourney evidently according to some. Bracketologists are calling the best chance of a 12/13 game to be in our bracket. 

Because of this, I think we go to the Elite 8. People doubting us makes Auburn dangerous. 

We have ‘til Friday to figure it out. Who’s going to San Diego!?!  Let’s go!!!

we are not even close to a elite 8 team. you are headed for a big let down. did you even watch these conference tournaments last weekend. their are a lot of teams we cant match up against. were out matched inside. unless were on fire shooting were screwed. i hope we make a run but the odds are against us

Archived