Men's basketball Fri 6:30 PM

WarTiger

6 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

we are not even close to a elite 8 team. you are headed for a big let down. did you even watch these conference tournaments last weekend. their are a lot of teams we cant match up against. were out matched inside. unless were on fire shooting were screwed. i hope we make a run but the odds are against us

You may be right but I’m just happy to be here. Ask anyone who read the FBI story back in early fall if they would have been ecstatic just getting in, or even going 500 for that matter. Odds were against us then as well.  I will be sad if we lose but will not classify it as a big let down.

Just know that there are kids driving on the road right now that have never experienced AU in the Big Dance in their entire lives.

Enjoy where we've come and if you want to feel bad about losses do it next year when we actually will have expectations. This season has been remarkable on it's own, but when you throw in an SEC championship, doing it without 2 starters, dealing with one freak injury, off-the court issues that would've derailed most teams with this type of youth, coaches being pulled from the bench, and coming back from multiple big double digit deficits and this team will always be special to me no matter what happens on Friday evening.

Don't get me wrong, I want more than anything to enjoy just a taste of success in the NCAAs this weekend and if Bryce has used some of this extra time to heal up that would be big for us.

6 hours ago, Tiger Scout said:

we are not even close to a elite 8 team. you are headed for a big let down. did you even watch these conference tournaments last weekend. their There are a lot of teams we cant match up against. were out matched inside. unless were on fire shooting were screwed. i hope we make a run but the odds are against us

wow.  guess its hard for some to just enjoy the ride.   We don't have to play most of those either.  I'll never understand the wet blanket approach many have here.  

5 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

wow.  guess its hard for some to just enjoy the ride.   We don't have to play most of those either.  I'll never understand the wet blanket approach many have here.  

I think he's just being realistic. That doesn't mean they haven't enjoyed the ride so far. Auburn has slowed a little down the stretch. I really think we could beat anybody though. Keep turnovers under 10 , shoot 40% from three, and 75%+ free throw. This seems to be the recipe for Auburn basketball domination.

2 hours ago, WarTiger said:

are you talking about Bruce?  he said the other day that we can't win a tournament game the way we are playing now.  Damn Bruce and his wet blanket approach or as I like to call it, honesty.    just having fun, lol

Put me in the happy to be here crowd. Love that we are a 4 seed but the 2nd half of Bama in the tourney , the first USCe, Game, and some more keep me understanding that this team is hot and cold. Super improvement from what we've seen, but far from a top contender. Heres to hoping we play another game or few after tonight! War Eagle

Archived