Auburn baseball hitting

Looked for a topic to post this in, but it didn't seem to fit anywhere so thought I'd put it here.  Two interesting tidbits on Auburn's early season performance at the plate that I read this weekend.

1.  Auburn has hit 19 HR in the first 16 games, a feat they didn't reach until the second week of April last season.  First time in a while I can think of 4-5 guys in the lineup who have the potential to go yard at any time.

2.  From Chris Burke, Auburn is the only team in the SEC with more walks than strikeouts to this point in the season.  Impressive.

Other than South Alabama, has the competition been at a level where we should not have expected something like this.  I hope they continue it but when we re scoring 15-24 runs, I have to think the pitching we are facing is not great, rather than our offense is just knocking the cover off the ball.  Do the same in SEC play and we will be sitting in   Omaha.

33 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

Other than South Alabama, has the competition been at a level where we should not have expected something like this.  I hope they continue it but when we re scoring 15-24 runs, I have to think the pitching we are facing is not great, rather than our offense is just knocking the cover off the ball.  Do the same in SEC play and we will be sitting in   Omaha.

South Alabama is not known for their pitching.  The best arm we've faced this year, by far, was the kid from Northeastern Saturday.  As I said in another thread, hitting consistently against good pitching is my biggest concern going into conference play because the arms we'll start facing day in and day out are a lot different than what we've gone against so far.

Yeah, no, we're not very good from an offensive standpoint.  If we hit .200 as a team in SEC play, I'll be shocked.

In fact, if you've watched the two freshman swing, from a technical standpoint, Butch really missed with them.  They will get buried by SEC pitching

Archived