Softball at Southern Miss

We have a DH beginning in about two hours in Hattiesburg.  I think it should be two wins for us, but not sure of the mental state of the team after this weekend.  The Golden Eagles are 10-14, with most of their games coming at home.  They do have a win over Ole Miss and a 3-2 loss to Baylor on their resume.  The best pitcher has an ERA of 2.74 (Kim Crowson) and their best hitter is Destini Brown at .450.  Team BA is.264.  I don't believe there's any TV,maybe Gametracker (which has about quit working for me this year).

Auburn leads 3-0 going to bot 2.  Scored 3 in Top 1.  Had two on with one out in 2d, but Tay lined into DP.  Harris pitching for AU, J. Johnson for USM.  AU has 5 hits thru 2.

Update:  4-1 in bot 3.  McCrackin had a 3-run homer in the first, Olszewski a sac fly in the 3d.  Harris gave up 3 hits and a walk in bot 3.  Swindle taking the circle with two outs inbot 3 and Sarah von Schaik up.  She is a transfer from Ole Miss, I believe.

Now 8-1 in top 5.  Johnson gave up 4 runs on a succession of hits, incl. a TAySnow double.  USM changed pitchers.  GT has locked up with bases loaded and 2 out, Tissier batting.  Olszweski started this game in right, BTW.  Crocker is 3 for 3.

Good to see some other pitchers getting more experience in the circle.  Announcer wrong about kk......she played 1 inning in left field earlier this year.

25 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

Good to see some other pitchers getting more experience in the circle.  Announcer wrong about kk......she played 1 inning in left field earlier this year.

Twitter also had Crocker making an acrobatic dving catch in LF.  Is Twitter getting its info from the radio?

Dowell with the RBI single to make it 9-1 going to bot 6, but Brown triples for USM. She later scores to make it 9-2 going to top 7.

McCrackin gets her 3d hit of the day to load the bases w/ 1 out in top 7.  D. Morrow up.  She evidently hit into a DP, as GT just cleared off.  Auburn will finish with 9 runs on 17 hits.

AU with 17 hits today.....all those hits stored up in the bats after Baton Rouge were eager to get out....

AU leading 9-2 in bottom of the 7th. 

Game on radio though the AU site... 

Game over, 9-2.  I can't get the radio broadcast, may have something to do with the fact I can't get Adobe Flash player to load on this computer.  Swindle struck out the first two in the 7th, then Reynolds singled.  Destini Brown was up, don't know how she was retired.  Taylon Snow had 4 hits today, McCrackin and Crocker each had 3.  No errors in the game for Auburn.

25 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I can't get the radio broadcast, may have something to do with the fact I can't get Adobe Flash player to load

Are you blocking ads?

Crowson pitching 2d game for USM; she's their lowest ERA pitcher.  Carlson going for AU.  1-0 Auburn in top 4.  AU has two hits.  Lineup changes for AU:  Fornis in right, Dowell at third, TanSnow DP, Crocker in LF.  McCrackin now hitting cleanup.

Going to bot 5 with the same 1-0 lead.  AU still has only two hits; Fornis and Tay.

USM got two on with one out in the 5th, but Carlson got a K and a groundout.  Going to Top 6; Crocker, Draper, Snow.

I kind of wish CMD would have let Kaylee rest but the way she struggled this weekend, maybe he wanted her to work through it.  

AU used up all those "stored" base hits in the first game...only four hits to the top of the 6th...but a 2-0 lead 

Well...HR by McCrackin to give AU a 4-0 lead and make things more comfortable.... 

That's two today and three since Friday for McCrackin.  Leave her at cleanup. Top of the order coming up for USM in bot 6.

Kaylee strikes out USM's two best hitters.  Going to top 7.

Tannon Snow with a solo HR and lead goes to 5-0.  Final is gonna look better than the game has been....took a while for the team to get their hitting eye this game.

Bilodeau comes in to pitch the 7th.

Game over.  Kara gives up a hit, then strikes out 2.  Don't know how she retired the last batter.  5-0 Auburn.  We had only 6 hits, but two of them were homers, accounting for 3 runs.

And game ends at 5-0......good win for AU and now back home to host bama....

Girl Crush at it again!  I picked a good one in McCrackin. 

Seriously love the power she is showing at the plate.  She just about gave us the lead on the ball she turned on against LSU Sunday. 

Time to flush LSU with a tide......pod. Lol

13 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Girl Crush at it again!  I picked a good one in McCrackin. 

Seriously love the power she is showing at the plate.  She just about gave us the lead on the ball she turned on against LSU Sunday. 

Not so fast AUBwins.  Go back and look at the original "Woman Crush" thread and notice I picked KK and McCrackin (I like the idea of a harem).  We may have to meet in mortal combat over this.  LOL.

9 hours ago, AUEagle14 said:

If my ad-block is enabled, I'm not able to listen to the games via AUTigers.com

Thanks for the tip.

Coach did a little lineup tinkering in these two games.  Rivera did not play in either game.  Olszewski started in RF in Game 1, had a hit and an RBI sac fly.  Fornis started Game 2 in RF, had her first hit of the season. Crocker started Game 1 as DP, I believe (box scores are not posted), but moved out to play LF later.  See the Twitter feed for the diving catch she made.  She started Game 2 in left.  Dowell started the second game at third, and had a hit.  I think Veach sat out the second game.  We used all pitchers except Martin.

Archived