Iggy A Natural At Corner

ellitor

1 hour ago, drsteve87 said:

Neon Deion couldn’t tackle either and he did ok at corner...

Neon Deion had two innate skill sets, world-class speed, and great instincts for the ball (Only a hand few of guys I can think of who had those instincts but not the speed). Both of those are hard to come by and quite frankly cannot be taught in most circumstances. And no Iggy is not as fast as prime. Not to mention Deion Sanders was legitimately an incredible athlete, as shown as his ability to be two sported at the professional level. I am not saying the kid won’t do good at corner. These are things I am just wondering, but to use Deion Sanders as an example...Deion Sanders was playing as a true freshman as soon as he stepped on campus as a DB and Returner. Appeared in every game at those positions. 

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Neon Deion had two innate skill sets, world-class speed, and great instincts for the ball (Only a hand few of guys I can think of who had those instincts but not the speed). Both of those are hard to come by and quite frankly cannot be taught in most circumstances. And no Iggy is not as fast as prime. Not to mention Deion Sanders was legitimately an incredible athlete, as shown as his ability to be two sported at the professional level. I am not saying the kid won’t do good at corner. These are things I am just wondering, but to use Deion Sanders as an example...Deion Sanders was playing as a true freshman as soon as he stepped on campus as a DB and Returner. Appeared in every game at those positions. 

Agreed. Sometimes guys are so talented that you don't really worry too much about that one thing they're bad at. See: Shaq and free throws. It remains to be seen, as you said, what Iggy is.

Maybe he's a great CB in the making, maybe not. But put everything on paper and he's built to play the position. And, going back through his recruiting thread, there's a lot of talk about him being a very intelligent and coachable kid. He reminds me of Nosa Eguae in that regard- smart, positive dude with that quiet leader characteristic- just maybe with a little more natural ability. 

I wouldn't expect much from him at corner this year, but I could see him making an large impact next year after he has acclimated a bit more and developed more technique.  He has two very good coaches teaching him, but I think it will take a year to transition completely. JMO.

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I wouldn't expect much from him at corner this year, but I could see him making an large impact next year after he has acclimated a bit more and developed more technique.  He has two very good coaches teaching him, but I think it will take a year to transition completely. JMO.

Word. And that might still get him on the field faster than he would have at WR. 

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You guys act like it's hard.

25 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I agree with this.  And I think that is why coach said he would play both ways.  We could see Iggy in at WR this year if the FR coming in are not the studs all the fans want them to be.  This way Gus can say that we played him both ways while getting his skill set built up for next year at CB.  Then we will likely see him as a CB and returner and very limited WR.

Archived