Wiley

TexasTiger

Regular season is over and can play immediately :whistle:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft No Longer projected in the first round for the only mock that had him in the first round.

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Regular season is over and can play immediately :whistle:

Wouldn't that be a fun and interesting loop hole. We could only imagine. 

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Why can I not stop watching this gif ?....?

I had moved on until you said this. Thanks a lot. 

Bryan Matthews said on local radio in AU that he thinks there's a 90% chance Wiley leaves after this year.

5 minutes ago, CR said:

Bryan Matthews said on local radio in AU that he thinks there's a 90% chance Wiley leaves after this year.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is really grasping at straws. He will get drafted and he will go. Purifoy probably won't and will play overseas.

On 3/13/2018 at 4:34 AM, alexava said:

I would find it odd for him to be drafted at all.

I think his draft stock willl change once he starts working out for scouts and goes through some of the combine activities. 

1 minute ago, boomstick said:

I think his draft stock willl change once he starts working out for scouts and goes through some of the combine activities. 

How many games did he play in last year 10-12? He just didn’t have much time and I didn’t remember seeing nba player on our team. I wish him the best but I predict a bust if he goes now. If he gets life changing money I don’t blame him at all. He just reminds me of the big white foreign guy the pistons took #2(darko). I see nothing to base nba success on. 

1 minute ago, alexava said:

How many games did he play in last year 10-12? He just didn’t have much time and I didn’t remember seeing nba player on our team. I wish him the best but I predict a bust if he goes now. If he gets life changing money I don’t blame him at all. He just reminds me of the big white foreign guy the pistons took #2(darko). I see nothing to base nba success on. 

He also played well this summer in the U19 tournament, and a lot of people saw him and scouted him there. He will ha e plenty of time to prove his abilities between the end of the season and the draft. He may be a bust, but he’d be foolish to turn down a first round draft spot to come back. If he’s going to be a second round pick, he has a choice to make because those second round contracts aren’t guaranteed. But if he’s first round, he should definitely go. 

He doesn't have to be a star or a starter to make a fortune in the NBA....or Europe......his future is secure if he avoids people like Chuck P in the future.  

My personal opinion is that he should stay at Auburn to improve his game and show off his skills.  If anyone knows him please tell him to call me so I can let him know of the plan.

To me, he has the potential to be a top 10 pick if he comes back and develops.  He would be in school for almost 3 years and his body will have matured along with his skills.

If guys like Skal Labissiere can get drafted someone like Wiley can too. NBA doesn't care about what you show on your college team, they care about what you can be for their franchise.

And if he wants to be paid to improve his game rather than do it for free and risk injury I wouldn't blame him.

That being said, he can put a lot on tape vs top competition next year with our trip to Maui and that would likely be enough to get him a fatter first contract. With his involvement in sticking his hand out (or his family sticking their hands out) for such a relatively small amount of money in this FBI thing my gut is telling me he goes and tries to start making money as fast as he can. Unfortunate for selfish AU fans like myself because I really think we have a Final Four caliber team if he's back next year.

Shoot, I think we may have a Final Four roster this year, it's just 2 key pieces aren't eligible and 1 had a freakish injury. Either way, I hope Wiley is back next year but I'm not going to hold my breath. I understand the positives of him coming back for his sake but he may not see it that way.

20 hours ago, CR said:

Well, it's kinda obvious Wiley's family needs the money.   Sometimes these kids have to help the family out as fast as they can and they have no choice but to jump at the first shot of $$$.

Of course we'd like to see him stay, but finances can sway someone really quickly.

Right now, he doesn’t even appear in ESPN’s two round mock. They do a good job of talking to teams and scouting random internationals that teams tend to stock in round two. I think there’s a real chance he goes undrafted, if he stays in. Tons of upside, but there are a lot of bigs in this draft with far more track record to judge. 

If he’s getting good advice, he’ll be back in Auburn next year. 

Archived