Tillerson out, Pompeo to be new secretary of state

homersapien

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

The thing about being professional is, it's what most would consider default for a man in his position.  The norm.  A given.  So even if there are times when he is professional, that's just him meeting the minimum expectations.  So when there are repeated instances of unprofessional and immature behavior, it overrides all the other times when he doesn't behave that way.

I'd rather not get into a debate about whether or not he's professional in general. We can agree to disagree. Your points are well taken. 

Tillerson was a good man. He disagreed vehemently with Trump on important issues (Iran deal for example), and perhaps that lead to his termination. But he shouldn't have gone out the way he did. Did you see his press conference? It's just frustrating. 

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I'd rather not get into a debate about whether or not he's professional in general. We can agree to disagree. Your points are well taken. 

Tillerson was a good man. He disagreed vehemently with Trump on important issues (Iran deal for example), and perhaps that lead to his termination. But he shouldn't have gone out the way he did. Did you see his press conference? It's just frustrating. 

Trump is and always will be his own worst enemy.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Can't disagree....but no reason that DT is not a patriot either if you want to define that as putting America first.    

As for Tillerson....this is the same guy all the dems were declaring was "too close to Putin"  at the time he was nominated for the job and now he's fired because Putin wanted him fired?     Looney left at it again

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-rex-tillerson-vladimir-putin-russia-exxon-2016-12

.Some folks need to make up their minds and not just shape things to suit their pre-conceived views. 

I do not think Trump is motivated by some desire to destroy the United States, lack of patriotism, or even that he has any sinister motives at all.  I do think he is boorish, ignorant relative to his elected position, disinterested in not being ignorant, prone to lying, and reckless.  Most of his nominees are people that hold views I disagree with, but I also think most of them are actively trying to blunt the impact of the United States getting exactly what it deserves and voted for in electing something like Trump.

29 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I do not think Trump is motivated by some desire to destroy the United States, lack of patriotism, or even that he has any sinister motives at all.  I do think he is boorish, ignorant relative to his elected position, disinterested in not being ignorant, prone to lying, and reckless.  Most of his nominees are people that hold views I disagree with, but I also think most of them are actively trying to blunt the impact of the United States getting exactly what it deserves and voted for in electing something like Trump.

After watching a year of HC since the election I'm of the view that had she won, we would have worse economic and foreign policies and also would have a mentally unstable person in the White House with a history of devious involvements.   Choices were, not good...but bad as things look,  in my view the country is still better off with DT....not saying much...but there it is...:dunno:

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

After watching a year of HC since the election I'm of the view that had she won, we would have worse economic and foreign policies and also would have a mentally unstable person in the White House with a history of devious involvements.   Choices were, not good...but bad as things look,  in my view the country is still better off with DT....not saying much...but there it is...:dunno:

On the morning of November 9, 2016, some representative of the Democratic Party should have pulled Hillary Clinton aside and said the following:  "Look...You just lost an easily winnable election to Donald Trump, of all people.  Nearly 63 million people preferred someone that demonstrates himself to be an imbecile on a daily basis over you.  The Republicans spat out a wet fart, and you sopped it up with a biscuit.  Henceforth, your opinion on basically everything is invalid and irrelevant.  Shut up, continue shutting up as you retire into a lifestyle of the rich and famous, and do not cause us anymore problems."

31 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

On the morning of November 9, 2016, some representative of the Democratic Party should have pulled Hillary Clinton aside and said the following:  "Look...You just lost an easily winnable election to Donald Trump, of all people.  Nearly 63 million people preferred someone that demonstrates himself to be an imbecile on a daily basis over you.  The Republicans spat out a wet fart, and you sopped it up with a biscuit.  Henceforth, your opinion on basically everything is invalid and irrelevant.  Shut up, continue shutting up as you retire into a lifestyle of the rich and famous, and do not cause us anymore problems."

Unfortunately for most of us, the same people who would shoulder that responsibility are the ones who propped her up and probably went out of bounds to secure her nomination. Like the jackass who ended up winning, she is as much symptom as disease IMO. 

15 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I legitimately have no problem if with this line of thinking for why he was fired.  It's how it was done that bothers me because it shows a lack of professional decorum on the part of POTUS.  Tillerson flat out said today that he found out from Trump after the tweet making the announcement.

But look at the ratings Trump gets by doing it his way.  ;)

Archived