AU RBs in NFL - Contract News

RunInRed

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I thought it through, and though it may be rough, I must let you find your own way to that bough of the language tree. 

Guaranteed?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a college football fan. I'm not an NFL fan. We are "a" RBU. It's ok people. There isn't just one law school. There isn't just one business admin school. There isn't just one agriculture school. It's ok if there is more than one RBU. But as far as the college level talent at the position, I believe we can hold our own in any debate about such. Happy Friday, Happy St. Patty's Day, be safe and don't drink and drive! 

NOW.....

Image result for willy wonka good day sir gif

5 minutes ago, api1957 said:

I'm a college football fan. I'm not an NFL fan. We are "a" RBU. It's ok people. There isn't just one law school. There isn't just one business admin school. There isn't just one agriculture school. It's ok if there is more than one RBU. But as far as the college level talent at the position, I believe we can hold our own in any debate about such. Happy Friday, Happy St. Patty's Day, be safe and don't drink and drive! 

NOW.....

I would agree with this, as it is in stark contrast to the initial comment that kicked off the spirited debate. 

(As for the college part, we also have to keep in mind that bama has produced their first 2 Heisman winners, no matter how undeserving, in the last 10 years... at running back. Which means they have twice as many at the position all time than we do.)

Slainte! Erin go bragh! 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I would agree with this, as it is in stark contrast to the initial comment that kicked off the spirited debate. 

(As for the college part, we also have to keep in mind that bama has produced their first 2 Heisman winners, no matter how undeserving, in the last 10 years... at running back. Which means they have twice as many at the position all time than we do.)

Slainte! Erin go bragh! 

True but the Heisman is really a popularity contest at this point. I mean LaDainian Tomlison, Peyton Manning and Darren McFadden didn't win the Heisman.

10 minutes ago, api1957 said:

True but the Heisman is really a popularity contest at this point. I mean LaDainian Tomlison, Peyton Manning and Darren McFadden didn't win the Heisman.

We build statues for the guys that win them. :)

Again, your point stands. We historically hold our own with the best. But it is silly to say that we have been better than all of them the last 10 years, which was the initial comment that started the discussion (and which veered away from how excited we all are for Corey Grant, whose value as a kick returner is a huge component in his overall value to Jacksonville).

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We build statues for the guys that win them. :)

Again, your point stands. We historically hold our own with the best. But it is silly to say that we have been better than all of them the last 10 years, which was the initial comment that started the discussion (and which veered away from how excited we all are for Corey Grant, whose value as a kick returner is a huge component in his overall value to Jacksonville).

Image result for funny nod gif

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Slainte! Erin go bragh! 

Not sure if strictly germaine to the ongoing conversation, but I feel the need to point out that our most recent Heisman winner was (and, to my limited knowledge, still is) at least a (lower case) running back (rbU?).

As for weekend festivities, Tullamore will have to Dew this year.

All, be safe out there.

On 3/14/2018 at 2:47 PM, Tiger said:

And Derrius Guice was a beast in his own right. Not too upset about seeing him gone that's for sure.

On a related note, if juice is spelled with a J and pronounced "juice" why exactly is Derrius Guice's name not pronounced like Derrius GOOSE?

You are a high IQ individual. I like it! 

11 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Not sure if strictly germaine to the ongoing conversation, but I feel the need to point out that our most recent Heisman winner was (and, to my limited knowledge, still is) at least a (lower case) running back (rbU?).

As for weekend festivities, Tullamore will have to Dew this year.

All, be safe out there.

Hmm... would that make all 3 of them qualify? Tullamore, better than Tullaless. 

20 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You know you liked my comment.  I know you went to bed smiling knowing you got to see a post from me that day.  Admit it!

486B61E5-0E44-41A4-8483-367FC48A07D7.gif

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

You know you liked my comment.  I know you went to bed smiling knowing you got to see a post from me that day.  Admit it!

486B61E5-0E44-41A4-8483-367FC48A07D7.gif

Omg this gif perfectly captures my whole creepy-cute dynamic!

I grew up when Auburn was at the time, in it's prime ,  as RBU.  James Brooks, Joe Cribbs, William Andrews, Bo Jackson, Brent Fullwood, Stephen Davis.  The difference between then and now is that we strung along a group of elite backs year after year.  In down years we had good backs like James Joseph, James Bostic, Stacy Danley ect.  We are not getting elite backs today and we sure are not stringing a group of them together.  We are getting good backs like Joseph and Danley who have 1000 yard seasons when they get a million attempts a year.  Dyer was the last elite back we had here.  All of our players are special to me and you but that does not mean that they are elite.  The elite backs in todays game can put up the same rushing numbers without the attempts that Gus' offense has.  They can also go to the next level and have success because they are better running backs.  It's 2018.  I love Caddy and Ronnie.  That was 14 years ago.  Our two biggest rivals are securing 5* elite backs.  Auburn is not.  Auburn is getting good 4* backs that gain 1000 yards every year due to the amount of carries they get.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

I grew up when Auburn was at the time, in it's prime ,  as RBU.  James Brooks, Joe Cribbs, William Andrews, Bo Jackson, Brent Fullwood, Stephen Davis.  The difference between then and now is that we strung along a group of elite backs year after year.  In down years we had good backs like James Joseph, James Bostic, Stacy Danley ect.  We are not getting elite backs today and we sure are not stringing a group of them together.  We are getting good backs like Joseph and Danley who have 1000 yard seasons when they get a million attempts a year.  Dyer was the last elite back we had here.  All of our players are special to me and you but that does not mean that they are elite.  The elite backs in todays game can put up the same rushing numbers without the attempts that Gus' offense has.  They can also go to the next level and have success because they are better running backs.  It's 2018.  I love Caddy and Ronnie.  That was 14 years ago.  Our two biggest rivals are securing 5* elite backs.  Auburn is not.  Auburn is getting good 4* backs that gain 1000 yards every year due to the amount of carries they get.

I never considered Dyer elite. I wouldn’t trade Mason for 3 Dyers. Jovon Robinson was the last elite RB we had. 

2 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

What he said. :beer2:

2 hours ago, alexava said:

I never considered Dyer elite. I wouldn’t trade Mason for 3 Dyers. Jovon Robinson was the last elite RB we had. 

Disagree about Dyer but agree about Robinson. 

Crazy that Roc Thomas didn't pan out. Best high school film I've seen.

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Disagree about Dyer but agree about Robinson. 

Crazy that Roc Thomas didn't pan out. Best high school film I've seen.

Dyer was in the right place at the right to to have success as a freshman. He couldn’t cut it at Louisville and couldn’t make an nfl practice squad. Tre was better all around until what ever illness he suffered. 

On 3/17/2018 at 6:21 PM, alexava said:

Dyer was in the right place at the right to to have success as a freshman. He couldn’t cut it at Louisville and couldn’t make an nfl practice squad. Tre was better all around until what ever illness he suffered. 

Dyer had what it took to be elite, he just threw it away. His lack of success had everything to do with attitude and nothing to do with ability.

On 3/17/2018 at 7:21 PM, alexava said:

I think the world of Mason and what he did at Auburn was great but look at the link of what Dyer was doing as a True Freshman.

6 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I think the world of Mason and what he did at Auburn was great but look at the link of what Dyer was doing as a True Freshman.

He peaked. 

7 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I think the world of Mason and what he did at Auburn was great but look at the link of what Dyer was doing as a True Freshman

Exactly, you can talk all day about the advantages he had with a veteran O-Line and teams having to account for Cam, but what he was able to do after contact was all him and it was impressive.

1 minute ago, alexava said:

He peaked. 

More like he crashed. Spice was his downfall.

19 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

The clip shows better blocking than running, IMO

Always considered Dyer elite and was heart broken when we lost him.........A healty career for Kenny Irons would have been my top pick of the two.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

The clip shows better blocking than running, IMO

You may be correct on the blocking but the last True Freshman to get any quality reps was Caddy and he didn't get most of those until mid season.  My point was more of an 18 year old back as a true freshman with no college strength program and he looks like he is a junior running the ball.  That to me is the difference in an elite back and a good one.  I have not seen a back on our roster with that type of talent and ability as an 18 yo since then.  The kid broke Bo's freshman yardage record.  

Archived