AU RBs in NFL - Contract News

RunInRed

We still got 2 awesome years out of dyer. back to back 1k yard seasons. Jovon Robinson to me who was more talented than dyer imo is the biggest waste of talent we have ever had at RB and arguably any position. That kid HAD IT ALL. We only got 639 yards rushing out of him. He LOVED Auburn to. To recommit and come back to Auburn even after all the crap he went through his first go around here? Yah that speaks to me and he will always have a special place in my heart for that. I hate he made some bad decisions. He would of been spectacular. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, bigbird said:

The clip shows better blocking than running, IMO

Absolutely. And that wasn’t a knock on Dyer. He had good vision ,decent speed and power, great center of gravity and balance. With plenty of holes and paths he would spin and fall forward we’ll af contact. I just think Mason was a step or two better in almost every conceivable aspect of the position, the exception of center of gravity. 

But that video... I forgot how good that line was. I didn’t watch it all but #66 was nasty. 

11 hours ago, alexava said:

Absolutely. And that wasn’t a knock on Dyer. He had good vision ,decent speed and power, great center of gravity and balance. With plenty of holes and paths he would spin and fall forward we’ll af contact. I just think Mason was a step or two better in almost every conceivable aspect of the position, the exception of center of gravity. 

But that video... I forgot how good that line was. I didn’t watch it all but #66 was nasty. 

I could agree on Mason if you can show me his 1000 yard season as a true freshman at Auburn so we can compare the two.  It's hard to compare Mason's Jr year with Dyer's True Freshman year and say that Mason is better.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

I could agree on Mason if you can show me his 1000 yard season as a true freshman at Auburn so we can compare the two.  It's hard to compare Mason's Jr year with Dyer's True Freshman year and say that Mason is better.

Then compare their junior years? Or their nfl careers. Mason was about 180lbs as a true freshman. 

Archived