Dontavious Russell in car accident

WFE12

LOOK: Auburn DT Dontavius Russell involved in auto crash

Auburn defensive tackle Dontavius Russell was involved in a crash.

Russell posted an image of the aftermath of the auto accident on his Instagram account. As you can see below, the vehicle was seriously damaged, but Russell noted that he only sustained a dislocated thumb in the incident.

This situation could have been worse, so it’s good news that Russell apparently didn’t sustain a major injury. He had 46 tackles with 3 sacks and 1 forced fumble last season. At this time, it’s uncertain how the injury will affect him.

Russell will enter his redshirt-senior season next fall. Auburn finished 10-4 last season and lost to UCF in the Peach Bowl.

29 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

LOOK: Auburn DT Dontavius Russell involved in auto crash

Auburn defensive tackle Dontavius Russell was involved in a crash.

Russell posted an image of the aftermath of the auto accident on his Instagram account. As you can see below, the vehicle was seriously damaged, but Russell noted that he only sustained a dislocated thumb in the incident.

This situation could have been worse, so it’s good news that Russell apparently didn’t sustain a major injury. He had 46 tackles with 3 sacks and 1 forced fumble last season. At this time, it’s uncertain how the injury will affect him.

Russell will enter his redshirt-senior season next fall. Auburn finished 10-4 last season and lost to UCF in the Peach Bowl.

My goodness!  What kind of car is/was that?   

It is obviously a very safe car.

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

My goodness!  What kind of car is/was that?   

It is obviously a very safe car.

It’s not a Dodge Charger 

? glad it's not more serious. But It would still suck to have a dislocated thumb. I "jammed" actually hyperextended mine in November and it's still not fully healed. 

Good safety equip in that car...

37 minutes ago, alexava said:

? glad it's not more serious. But It would still suck to have a dislocated thumb. I "jammed" actually hyperextended mine in November and it's still not fully healed. 

Get well soon.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

It’s not a Dodge Charger 

Does look like a high-end Dodge truck though...

Glad to read that he was not injured seriously. That was a blessing. Also glad to reminded that UCF beat us in the Peach Bowl. Thanks SEC Country. :-\

• WarTiger changed the title to Dontavious Russell in car accident
1 hour ago, alexava said:

I’m tough. Lol

in the meantime,

think that thumbs-down thingy is good for you?

glad he is safe. I hope his thumb heals quickly without too much pain.

On 3/14/2018 at 5:25 PM, gr82be said:

Glad to read that he was not injured seriously. That was a blessing. Also glad to reminded that UCF beat us in the Peach Bowl. Thanks SEC Country. :-\

Right? 

Archived