Texas A and M vs Auburn baseball

Should be a great series but was sad to read that Cody Greenhill will not be available for the series.....health issues according to piece in al.com today....mono they say.

He has been lights out as a stopper....gonna miss him.

We’re also probably going to be without Andrew Mitchell. He’s still dealing with forearm tightness and had an MRI done today, although I haven’t seen or heard any info on the results from it. 

We’re going to be a little thin in the bullpen without Greenhill and Mitchell. Some of these guys who threw in the midweek are going to have to bounce back and pitch well. 

Greenhill won't be available for a while if he's got mono. We may not see him again this season. The recovery time for mono, in athletes especially, is usually 2-3 months.

Somebody else in the bullpen needs to step up.

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Greenhill won't be available for a while if he's got mono. We may not see him again this season. The recovery time for mono, in athletes especially, is usually 2-3 months.

Somebody else in the bullpen needs to step up.

oh lord

44 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

oh lord

Yep....mono causes the spleen to enlarge so it's too dangerous for an athlete to participate until completely well. Mono is kind of common among college athletes. I always suspected that's what Blake Logan had although I never heard anything other than the fact that he had a virus. He was out for quite a while.

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Yep....mono causes the spleen to enlarge so it's too dangerous for an athlete to participate until completely well. Mono is kind of common among college athletes. I always suspected that's what Blake Logan had although I never heard anything other than the fact that he had a virus. He was out for quite a while.

back in the day it was called the "kissing disease" or something like that. ....very contagious I recall.  

20 hours ago, AU64 said:

back in the day it was called the "kissing disease" or something like that. ....very contagious I recall.  

Well it's transferred by saliva....so not really highly contagious like the flu. 

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Well it's transferred by saliva....so not really highly contagious like the flu. 

I guess the degree of contagion depends on your social activity. :)

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I guess the degree of contagion depends on your social activity. :)

that seemed to be the case back when I was a teen.....Belle has it right......

Archived