Official Tournament Thread

Tiger

I figured since there should be an elevated interest in the NCAA Tournament around here due to AU's participation (FINALLY!!!!!!!!) we should have a thread that encompasses all tourney talk.

First game is #7 Rhode Island vs #10 Oklahoma tipping off here shortly, I think OU might be mad at the national disrespect (which they earned via their play) and maybe pull together to win this one. When you have an elite offensive talent like Trae Young it's certainly possible.

I'm also very interested to see how Tennessee does vs Wright State at 12:40 EST. Those are the first 2 games and I think they both should be entertaining.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go RIU! I think its crap OK got in and would hate to see them prove they belong. I also picked RIU for my bracket so want to get off to a good start :)

My first year since '03 I'm not feeling out a bracket...and completely happy about it.  Downright rooting for madness, especially in that Midwest region.  Any team who wants to play giant killer on Duke/MSU/Kansas down there before AU has a chance to match up with them, I completely approve of.

Wow. 3-pointer - steal - 3-pointer takes URI from 1 down to 5 up in about 5 seconds.

That was an entertaining OU/URI game. I thought URI actually would get one of those shots to drop in regulation to end it but they had a solid OT. Glad I picked Rhode Island!

Kansas is a little sluggish to start but has finally gotten the lead on 16 seed Penn. I doubt KU looks back now

Just now, TigerOne said:

Congrats Rhode Island!

Too bad Oklahoma took someone's spot that should have been in

Could've at least made OU play in a play-in game to earn their way in. Now they just took someones spot for no reason.

UNCG.....had a shot to tie the Zags at the end  but the ball spun out....gave that #4 seed a battle....

9 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Well the first upset just happened with Miami. Not as big as a 14 seed beating a 4 but an upset none the less.

A 14 beating a 4 in the first round would be more than and upset. :poke:

Tennessee annihilated Wright State. If this is a true indication of the strength of the SEC, well, I like it. I'll be interested to see what Bama can do tonight. Right now, Bama is a 2 to 3 point dog.

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

A 14 beating a 4 in the first round would be more than and upset. :poke:

Yep.  That has never happened before.  :poke:

I'm interested to see how Florida does against St Bonaventure and how Bama does against Virginia Tech. Right now, Bama is a 2 to 3 point underdog. And St Bonnie just made UCLA look ugly and is a 1 to 2 point favorite over Florida.

Are we going to see two SEC exits on the first night? I sure hope not! Both of these teams just recently handed Auburn losses.

21 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Yep.  That has never happened before.  :poke:

I obviously don’t know about these things but I take it a 4 never plays a 14? Give me a break. I’m female we don’t know these things, you know, like a route tree in football ?. Just ask Cam. (Incidentally I was not insulted by that either. Lol).  I’m not easily insulted. Grew up with nothing but brothers. 

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I obviously don’t know about these things but I take it a 4 never plays a 14? Give me a break. I’m female we don’t know these things, you know, like a route tree in football ?. Just ask Cam. (Incidentally I was not insulted by that either. Lol).  I’m not easily insulted. Grew up with nothing but brothers. 

Just a hint but the total of any two seeds is always 17.....meanwhile number 5 Kentucky is having their hands full with Davidson.....the number 12 seed...

Glad you are interested and just laugh with the jokes and ignore the jerks....:)

KY has their hands full with a hot shooting and fundamentally sound Davidson.  His could be the 12-5 upset. Tied at 54 with 7:12 left. 

14 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I obviously don’t know about these things but I take it a 4 never plays a 14? Give me a break. I’m female we don’t know these things, you know, like a route tree in football. Just ask Cam. (Incidentally I was not insulted by that either. Lol).  I’m not easily insulted. Grew up with nothing but brothers. 

Just kidding with you and glad you didn't take it seriously. By the way when I played football there was no route tree. We had 4-5 routes so it was more like a route limb. :) But by gosh we had a tight end seam and it worked. 

I think the pressure is getting to these Davidson guys.  Missing shots and turnovers down the stretch.  KY up 65-59 with 1:16 left. 

22 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Just messing with you. ?

51 minutes ago, AURex said:
I'm interested to see how Florida does against St Bonaventure and how Bama does against Virginia Tech. Right now, Bama is a 2 to 3 point underdog. And St Bonnie just made UCLA look ugly and is a 1 to 2 point favorite over Florida.

Are we going to see two SEC exits on the first night? I sure hope not! Both of these teams just recently handed Auburn losses.

I certainly hope so.  The only SEC teams I want to win are Auburn and Missouri.   The only reason I want Missouri to win is because they are playing florida state.  I want the rest to lose and lose early and lose badly, but I'll settle for just a loss.

7 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Upset alert!!  Stephen F Austin (14) is hanging tough and outplaying Texas Tech (3). TT up 61-58 with 2:48 left. 

Ballgame.  TT held on.  

Archived