Official Tournament Thread

Tiger

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep.  Totally whiffed on that 13-4 upset.  Glad Arizona took it on the chin for the 4 seeds :). I did not see a 20 point loss for Arizona.  I had them advancing a few rounds.  

Congrats to AD Greene.  He has to be proud of what he has built at Buffalo.  Funny thought, Greene rooted for the 13 seed tonight and will root for the 4 seed tomorrow. Let's not let him down.

8 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Wow pac 12 completely gone now. That was quick.

Especially after all the crying from Bill Walton about how they were disrespected with only three teams.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Especially after all the crying from Bill Walton about how they were disrespected with only three teams.

Bill Walton's voice grates on my nerves.

It really would be great to see all the SEC teams win their first games not just Auburn.  Of course Vitale said Auburn is going to be upset.  I can't stand that guy sometimes.  I think someone else at ESPN said earlier this week that there would be ZERO SEC teams left after the first weekend..... that's not looking like a very smart prediction so far.

3 hours ago, keesler said:

Bill Walton's voice grates on my nerves.

THE MOST ANNOYING BBALL ANNOUNCER! And a complete PAC12 homer.

Also atm started off very slowly, but settled down and looked much better by half time. Lucky Providence didn't get way ahead of them early. I hope we can start off fast, and all 3 of our studs are on fire tonight.

Lol Walton's voice more than anything annoys me. As far as his content I can appreciate the novelty. But I also rarely watch Pac12 hoops so I get it in small doses.

I can get on board with anyone in sports who understands that it isn't and shouldn't be so dang serious. 

46 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Lol Walton's voice more than anything annoys me. As far as his content I can appreciate the novelty. But I also rarely watch Pac12 hoops so I get it in small doses.

I can get on board with anyone in sports who understands that it isn't and shouldn't be so dang serious. 

I have good friend out west and PAC is what he has to watch....he noted that Bill Walton is the reason the "mute" button was invented...

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I have good friend out west and PAC is what he has to watch....he noted that Bill Walton is the reason the "mute" button was invented...

I don't doubt I may feel that way if he was part of the SEC network lol

I do NOT want to hear him go on long-winded tangents about what the worldy names of some of our players remind him of

Not wanting to be premature, because the game against Charleston tonight is not a gimmee, but assuming Auburn can manage to get past Charleston, I'm thinking 12 seed NM State has the potential to upset 5 seed Clemson, setting up Auburn's next game.

11 minutes ago, AURex said:

Not wanting to be premature, because the game against Charleston tonight is not a gimmee, but assuming Auburn can manage to get past Charleston, I'm thinking 12 seed NM State has the potential to upset 5 seed Clemson, setting up Auburn's next game.

Here is to hoping you get your wish...WDE!!

13 seeds are having a tournament so far:

UNCG nearly pulled off the upset against Gonzaga yesterday.

Buffalo

Now Marshall looking to topple Wichita St.

Let's hope Charleston breaks that trend...

I've never watched any games in the NCAA tournament before this year. But holy crap, watching all of these 13, 14, and 15 seeds playing their hearts out against teams that have arguably better talent is so much fun. However, it's making me more and more nervous for our game tonight.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

I've never watched any games in the NCAA tournament before this year. But holy crap, watching all of these 13, 14, and 15 seeds playing their hearts out against teams that have arguably better talent is so much fun. However, it's making me more and more nervous for our game tonight.

Honestly, this is why people (who wouldn't even call themselves basketball fans) love the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. Lots of things we should embrace about college athletics are on display for all to see.

8 minutes ago, looney said:

Honestly, this is why people (who wouldn't even call themselves basketball fans) love the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. Lots of things we should embrace about college athletics are on display for all to see.

I can see why. I've only recently started to follow Auburn Basketball in the past 5 or 6 years and haven't had any investment in the NCAA Tournament. Definitely have that interest this year and probably in future years when I have time from work.

I have to work so I can’t watch tonight. Got a very weird feeling about the game. It won’t be a gimme. We need to hit 3s and get going early. 

Meanwhile, Marshall knocked off #4 seed Wichita State.....another 13 seed to win.

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Wow nice comeback by arky

Could not seem to get over the hump....gotta give Butler credit...every time the pigs make a move, Butler responds with a 3 or something and managed to stretch the lead back out and seem to have it won now with a minute to go... Another double digit seed pulls an upset..

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Could not seem to get over the hump....gotta give Butler credit...every time the pigs make a move, Butler responds with a 3 or something and managed to stretch the lead back out and seem to have it won now with a minute to go... Another double digit seed pulls an upset..

I don’t mean this in a negative Nellie way but I really wanted some SEC team to lose in case we don’t bring our game today. ?. Didn’t  want to be the first.

Archived