Official Tournament Thread

Tiger

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

somebody please send tony barbee a tweet with a crying emoticon

I doubt he is too upset. Sitting on the sideline watching daddy probably isn't high on his list of things he wants to do.

Missed all the games last night. ?. 

Edit. . Lots of bad losses for SEC this tourney

17 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

Just like that,  the overrated SEC conference is ousted.

Right on queue.     But doesn't SEC stand for Southeastern Conference?   So, what you have here is the Southeastern Conference Conference? 

2 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Right on queue.     But doesn't SEC stand for Southeastern Conference?   So, what you have here is the Southeastern Conference Conference? 

You bring up a good point. Maybe it's so people didn't confuse the Southwestern conference (SWC - (RIP 1914-1996) with the Southeastern conference (SEC) back when it still existed.

Btw,  doesn't Clemson look just dazzling against Kansas tonight?

8 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

You bring up a good point. Maybe it's so people didn't confuse the Southwestern conference (SWC - (RIP 1914-1996) with the Southeastern conference (SEC) back when it still existed.

Btw,  doesn't Clemson look just dazzling against Kansas tonight?

wonder how we would have done against them.......

16 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Clemson almost pulled that one out.  A lot closer than I thought it would be. 

yep....too big a hole to get out of but did not embarrass themselves against a #1 seed..

Just now, around4ever said:

Loyola Chicago is going to the Final Four!!  And I would not want to play them. 

If Michigan beats fsu they are going to beat loyola handidly. This is how these thing usually end up. VCU and George Mason run ended the first game in the final 4. Just the law of averages in the end.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If Michigan beats fsu they are going to beat loyola handidly. This is how these thing usually end up. VCU and George Mason run ended the first game in the final 4. Just the law of averages in the end.

You are right, they should. But so should've the other four teams Loyola has played.  There's no way an 11 seed should go to the final four. As you said, the law of averages is against them.  But they are there.  I wouldn't bet against these guys. 

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

A 9seed  vs an 11seed... ..and the winner goes to the Final Four......great win for Loyola but I agree, does not mean they are on par Mich, Duke or Kansas...but great to see someone like them beat the odds.  

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yep Butler to Duke a few years ago. Gonzaga last year as well. Top dogs usually take it all. 

But I'm hoping that to dog is Nova. 

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Yep Butler to Duke a few years ago. Gonzaga last year as well. Top dogs usually take it all. 

But I'm hoping that to dog is Nova. 

man good call!!! I totally forgot somehow how the genius brad stevens led butler to back to back title games!!!! They easily could of won that duke one. PHEWWWWWWWWW disaster averted for muhhhhhhhh. That uconn butler title game was one of the ugliest championship games I have seen for any sport.

Loyola is playing the best team ball in the tourney, from a pure team concept of commitment to defense, rebounding, running effective offensive sets, taking quality shots. From a talent and ability standpoint, I believe Villanova to be the team with the highest voltage. To me, Loyola is just playing with too much confidence and with an utter commitment to defense to get run out of the arena at the final four. It could happen, but I think that if they lose, it will be in a back and forth game that comes down to the last minute.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

man good call!!! I totally forgot somehow how the genius brad stevens led butler to back to back title games!!!! They easily could of won that duke one. PHEWWWWWWWWW disaster averted for muhhhhhhhh. That uconn butler title game was one of the ugliest championship games I have seen for any sport.

Man you said it. That championship game was whoever didn't miss the last shot ugh. And I don't remember it as being two suffocating defenses.... both teams were just tight as heck on offense and it never got better.

strange thing is, villanova was nowhere near as talented as the updykes, BUT, they knew how to play good,solid basketball with all players knowing their role....very well coached team.....very unselfish team......i hope loyola  wins it all, but my guess is a michigan or villanova champion

4 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Man you said it. That championship game was whoever didn't miss the last shot ugh. And I don't remember it as being two suffocating defenses.... both teams were just tight as heck on offense and it never got better.

YES!!! They could of bricked our entire stadium that we have been clamoring for years with all the shots they were missing in that game. Oof.

Just now, around4ever said:

That Kansas - Duke game should have been a championship game.  Great game by two great teams.  

kansas vs nova basically is the title game.

That was a questionable blocking foul on Wendell Carter Jr. in OT. To me that changed the game for Duke.. Carter Jr. fouling out on that blocking call hurt Duke's inside game the rest of OT. I thought for sure it was a charge but the official made a delayed blocking call. 

Also, they've got to clean up these reviews. They take way too long. It shouldn't take more than 3 minutes to review a call. It just drags the game out way longer that in should.

Archived