Official Tournament Thread

Tiger

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 hours ago, around4ever said:

OK. 10 seed Nevada upsets Texas in OT.  The Nevada HC drops multiple F Bombs in the locker room on live TV.  Greg Gumble apologizes for the "colorful" language.  ?

that was nooooooo upset! nevada is the better team and was the 7 seed. hook em horns was the 10 seed. And that was awesome!!!! haha I love that raw emotion from the late great bill musslemans son.

4 hours ago, alexava said:

I wish we had been a 5 seed or just swapped places with Kentucky.

We would have lost to Davidson playing like we did yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

We would have lost to Davidson playing like we did yesterday. 

Likely true.....we were pretty fortunate to get about the only team in the tournament to shoot worse than we did..   Don't think we will be lucky like that twice. 

But lots of pretty good teams struggled in round one and some very good teams got embarrassed.....and are headed home after one game.    I'm happy we are not among them.:)

So the SEC went (5-2) in the first round! 5/32 teams belong to the SEC! That's about 1/6 so not too bad! 

13 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So the SEC went (5-2) in the first round! 5/32 teams belong to the SEC! That's about 1/6 so not too bad! 

Actually 6-2 I think? Also, I think Auburn, Kentucky, Tenn, and Florida all have a reasonably good chance to get through to next weekend. Alabama and Texas A&M not so much. 

Just now, ertrader said:

Actually 6-2 I think? Also, I think Auburn, Kentucky, Tenn, and Florida all have a reasonably good chance to get through to next weekend. Alabama and Texas A&M not so much. 

Yes, Arkansas and Missouri were the losses. The other six teams advanced. 

23 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Yes, Arkansas and Missouri were the losses. The other six teams advanced. 

JMO but Mizz made a mistake trying to insert Porter into their line up at the end of the season. 

He was not up the speed of the game and from what I watched yesterday did not help his team.  Maybe they were even worse without him but seems he probably affected whatever chemistry and cohesion they had developed during the season. 

Women's side.  

UConn scored 94 in the first half against St. Francis.  I'm sorry, but that is just wrong.  I know it is up to the other team to stop you from scoring but 94 in 20 minutes.  Come on. 

OK, I'm the SFU coach.  If UConn leaves their starters in, I am taking out their best players with hard flagrant 2 fouls until I don't have any players left. 

Don't care that he plays for Alabama. Sexton is so much fun to watch. Alabama is playing their best basketball right now. Don't know if they can hang with Nova for two halves, but they are playing tough right now. 

18 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Don't care that he plays for Alabama. Sexton is so much fun to watch. Alabama is playing their best basketball right now. Don't know if they can hang with Nova for two halves, but they are playing tough right now. 

Question is whether Petty will shoot them into...or out of the game....he has a "shooter's conscience" which means that if he can find a way to get it off he is going to take the shot.   

Hopefully they won't but Nova could easily lose this game. So far they are playing pretty good.

Now Nova is opening a can of whoop a$$

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Nova’s playing lights out right now

Got dang Bridges is just outrageous. I’d be form tackling him before he gets a shot off right now. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Got dang Bridges is just outrageous. I’d be form tackling him before he gets a shot off right now. 

LOTTERY BABY!!!!!! THey may not win it all but this nova team is def more talented than the won that won the natty for them 2 years ago.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Can't say I'm not enjoying this butt whooping right now 

Got pretty morose on their forums all the sudden. 

I’ll say this though. I do not want to play Nova.

21 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Nova is crazy good. Hitting so many big shots. I’m sorry I doubted them 

We’ll laugh because it’s bama, but there was no stopping Nova today. If they continue like that, they’re champs. No doubt about it. That’s what a 1seed is supposed to look like. 

Archived