Official Tournament Thread

Tiger

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

That was a questionable blocking foul on Wendell Carter Jr. in OT. To me that changed the game for Duke.. Carter Jr. fouling out on that blocking call hurt Duke's inside game the rest of OT. I thought for sure it was a charge but the official made a delayed blocking call. 

Also, they've got to clean up these reviews. They take way too long. It shouldn't take more than 3 minutes to review a call. It just drags the game out way longer that in should.

I thought it was a bad call as well.  That was the turning point. 

As for the reviews, getting the call right is more important than trying to rush the decision. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

That was a questionable blocking foul on Wendell Carter Jr. in OT. To me that changed the game for Duke.. Carter Jr. fouling out on that blocking call hurt Duke's inside game the rest of OT. I thought for sure it was a charge but the official made a delayed blocking call. 

Also, they've got to clean up these reviews. They take way too long. It shouldn't take more than 3 minutes to review a call. It just drags the game out way longer that in should.

I totally agree.

5 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I thought it was a bad call as well.  That was the turning point. 

As for the reviews, getting the call right is more important than trying to rush the decision. 

But here's the thing, if it takes that long after looking at multiple angles, then just stick with the call on the floor. There was no question about the shot clock or the game clock, they were solely looking at who touched the ball last. They need a time limit for reviews. I honestly don't think taking all day to review it unless  you get a clear angle of who touched the ball last results in getting the call right. It also often times works out as giving a free timeout for teams that have no timeouts remaining. 

To me if it takes more than 3 minutes to review who touched the ball last, then it's not indisputable and the call on the floor shouldn't be overturned. But that's just me.

I hate the ACC! Glad they are all gone. Dick Vitale is crying in his cheerio's somewhere this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Donte DiVincenzo  

Gotta love it.....a three star kid from Delaware who red shirted his first year leads Villanova to the National Championship.    Have to give his coach a ton of credit for seeing this diamond in the rough......and give him credit for not  transferring when he was not getting a lot of playing time right away.   Patience and perseverance paid off for him.   

Teams like 'Nova and guys like him make me think there is still hope for the game....

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Donte DiVincenzo  

Gotta love it.....a three star kid from Delaware who red shirted his first year leads Villanova to the National Championship.    Have to give his coach a ton of credit for seeing this diamond in the rough......and give him credit for not  transferring when he was not getting a lot of playing time right away.   Patience and perseverance paid off for him.   

Teams like 'Nova and guys like him make me think there is still hope for the game....

Man, they've really got something cooking up there, huh?

Good start to 2018 for the Philly area.

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Donte DiVincenzo  

He rebounds very well for his position. He was very Ginobiliish.

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Man, they've really got something cooking up there, huh?

Good start to 2018 for the Philly area.

They need some kind of start, ....from what I read yesterday the Phillies new manager might not make it through the first month of the season.   Felt bad for the guy except he's probably making a nice salary for bumbling though the first few games. 

58 minutes ago, AU64 said:

They need some kind of start, ....from what I read yesterday the Phillies new manager might not make it through the first month of the season.   Felt bad for the guy except he's probably making a nice salary for bumbling though the first few games. 

I don't follow baseball, but it's my understanding that in no profession do guys fall up the stairs like they do in MLB. Again, just an anecdote I've heard so please go easy on me. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't follow baseball, but it's my understanding that in no profession do guys fall up the stairs like they do in MLB. Again, just an anecdote I've heard so please go easy on me. 

That seem like an adequate explanation for the new guy....friend of the GM.....and if you missed it, he went out to pull his pitcher who was getting beat up.. and it turned out there as no one warming up in the bullpen.....umps were livid...and he called a position player to pitch who had not tossed more than a couple pitches by the time he realized he was going to take the mound.....so the umps gave him 5 throws and called "batter up".   Umps filed a complaint with the league over the manager's incompetence. 

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

That seem like an adequate explanation for the new guy....friend of the GM.....and if you missed it, he went out to pull his pitcher who was getting beat up.. and it turned out there as no one warming up in the bullpen.....umps were livid...and he called a position player to pitch who had not tossed more than a couple pitches by the time he realized he was going to take the mound.....so the umps gave him 5 throws and called "batter up".   Umps filed a complaint with the league over the manager's incompetence. 

wth in major league BB

Yes, there is an Auburn message here. Gotta wait for it.

For fun .......... Auburn is just like Villanova .... except 6" shorter at every position and V can beat you inside and outside and lengthwise and sidewise from everywhere, anytime, everytime.

Goodness gracious, how they massacred Kansas. Every kid they sent out on the floor was hitting 3s. But then against Michigan (who really embarrassed Auburn), Villanova just ripped them inside and out.

I gotta say, that is one helluva team. And to win the NCAA twice in 3 years. And to realize they only had 2 seniors on the team. Gotta say, :bow:

Now, as to Auburn, great season, great expectations for next year. Auburn got eliminated this time by a team that made the championship game. Yes, it was an embarrassing loss, but to a real quality opponent.

If Auburn is going to lose in the NCAA next year, lets make it in double OT, in a knucklebiter in the championship game! Time for Auburn to RISE UP! Achieve our DESTINY as the new DYNASTY in the SOUTH!

I believe in Bruce Pearl. I believe, if the demons and s**t throwers stay at bay, he can recruit and build even more and better championship teams for Auburn.

Thus said AURex, and I stand by it!

5 minutes ago, AURex said:

Auburn got eliminated this time by a team that made the championship game

I think AU got whipped by Clemson.....who lost their next game.....but maybe next year we will make more of an impact... 

23 hours ago, AU64 said:

I think AU got whipped by Clemson.....who lost their next game.....but maybe next year we will make more of an impact... 

Sorry. My brain on tiredness. You are right, of course.

20 minutes ago, AURex said:

Sorry. My brain on tiredness. You are right, of course.

I'd rather it was Michigan too.....getting tired of FSU and Clemson.....both of which have given us a hard time lately....

Archived