Pitt Transfers - 7 players asked for release 3/16

Rocket City Tiger

57 minutes ago, Rocket City Tiger said:

Saw where 7 more Pitt players asked for release today.  Anyone looked at their roster for potential help in 2019?  Would love to see someone with some size.

Interesting piece about that the writer makes a pretty good point I guess...

www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/losing-a-winless-roster-is-no-defeat-for-pitt-in-searching-for-new-coach-transfers-ryan-luther-kevin-stallings/1rh84ggmuehtj1atkfgg9grzrl

A winless team.....now I guess after a year of ACC play all of them should/could better but they seemed to make very little progress along the way and worse things could happen for a new coach than to have a totally clean slate....and low expectations. 

I have no idea about Pitt basketball but just because they didn’t win doesn’t mean there is no talent. For reference, see AU football 2012 vs. 2013.

16 minutes ago, fredst said:

I have no idea about Pitt basketball but just because they didn’t win doesn’t mean there is no talent. For reference, see AU football 2012 vs. 2013.

giphy (1).gif

• 2 weeks later...

We currently have a thread that makes our roster seem overwhelmed with talent. Maybe we should send them a few. 

On 3/16/2018 at 2:12 PM, Rocket City Tiger said:

Saw where 7 more Pitt players asked for release today.  Anyone looked at their roster for potential help in 2019?  Would love to see someone with some size.

This is the worst case scenario for college athletics and why I don’t think transfer restrictions should become any more lax. I  fear the day when when we have a HC leave, especially in football, and a mass exodus follows. Losing three to four that are willing to sit a year is much better than losing upwards of a dozen and a whole program all of a sudden having to rebuild. I mention the HC leaving primarily because that’s always the first argument that comes up. The argument of if the HC can leave, why cannot the student athletes without penalty of temporary ineligibility within the same division.

Archived