Baseball vs Texas A&M Game 1

lets win this game team and have 2 out of 3 for Auburn tonight. Our basketball team played a tough Charleston team. I hope we get a chance against clemson and have some revenge from our football game!

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs Texas A&M Game 1

I hope no one takes for granted how ridiculously good Mize is.  May end up being one of the two best pitchers in AU history when his career is done.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I hope no one takes for granted how ridiculously good Mize is.  May end up being one of the two best pitchers in AU history when his career is done.

He has three overwhelming pitches in his arsenal.  That splitter takes you back to Bruc Sutter...the downward "plow" on that thing is special. A 95 mph fastball and oh yeah a hard slider at 91 that he locates down and away effortlessly.

Will Holland is ripping everything and has little to show for it.  Smoked a ball to SS and narrowly avoided a double play.  Another run home...4-0 Auburn in the bottom of the sixth.

6 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

He has three overwhelming pitches in his arsenal.  That splitter takes you back to Bruc Sutter...the downward "plow" on that thing is special. A 95 mph fastball and oh yeah a hard slider at 91 that he locates down and away effortlessly.

The splitter is deadly, but he's also developing a hell of a cutter.  I pray somehow the Rockies land him.

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

...suddenly the aTm offense showing some life.

And just like that it goes away.  Mize works around the two hits in the seventh and limits the damage to one run.  4-1 Auburn hitting in the bottom of the seventh.

Did I just hear that AU has 4 runs and only 2 hits ....both by Jarvis I think.  Aggies must be very generous tonight.   Need to get those bats warmed up before the game tomorrow.   Not going to get too far depending on walks and errors for our offense.

Mize is being replaced by Coker and apparently had a great night.....up to Coker to get over the error by Venter and get out of the inning with no more damage. 

Can't get the streaming video tonight......stays on about 10 second and then drops out so having to go by the PBP here and the radio....must be overloaded.

Just now, AU64 said:

Did I just hear that AU has 4 runs and only 2 hits ....both by Jarvis I think.  Aggies must be very generous tonight.   Need to get those bats warmed up before the game tomorrow.   Not going to get too far depending on walks and errors for our offense.

Mize is being replaced by Coker and apparently had a great night.....up to Coker to get over the error by Venter and get out of the inning with no more damage. 

Can't get the streaming video tonight......stays on about 10 second and then drops out so having to go by the PBP here and the radio....must be overloaded.

Offensively the Tigers have hit the ball a ton, not a lot falling for them.  A&M has turned a couple of critical double plays defensively.

Archived