Men vs. Charleston

WarTiger

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

AUBURN WON AN NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME 

Came here for this.

Missed hanging out with y'all on this thread during the game but... An ugly NCAA tournament win is something we ALL would have paid good money for before this season started.

See y'all Sunday!

I really just want to give some love to Spencer. I know he isn't going to light it up on the offensive end but tonight he played really well on the defensive side of the ball. Affecting shots when was in the game, taking charges, and doing it without fouling a bunch. He continues to improve and if he plays like he did tonight through the tournament, we have a shot to win games.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

I really just want to give some love to Spencer. I know he isn't going to light it up on the offensive end but tonight he played really well on the defensive side of the ball. Affecting shots when was in the game, taking charges, and doing it without fouling a bunch. He continues to improve and if he plays like he did tonight through the tournament, we have a shot to win games.

Yep!  I hope his back is OK.  

18 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

WTF is up with these horrific announcers claiming that Brown got away with a foul on that 3 pt attempt? He didn't touch him in real time and, amazingly, didn't touch him with each successive slomo replay. 

The first replay from the back and the side showed no contact then they came back from a commercial and showed from another view and Bryce’s hand crossed the path of the view where the shooters arm was and the announcer was like right there was contact... idiots

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I remember when people wanted bama to win in the SEC round against TAMU. Didn’t work out well for us. 

*Raises hand in shame*

2 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

My stomach is still in knots. 

Me, too! I have said many times that being an Auburn fan has taken years off my life!

This is just my opinion but how many of us out there have seen Auburn play like they never heard of the game and get their a$$ handed to them,  regardless of whether it was ncaa tournamenthe or not?

This is probably how every team Auburn plays in the tournament is going to play them. This team just needs to plan its work and work its plan. And please quit stepping back to take a look at their work

9 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

He was a big reason we won.

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You may not want that.  They are DAMN good.

NMSU 5th in the nation in opp. FG % doesn't bode well for us.

1 minute ago, wde21 said:

Me, too! I have said many times that being an Auburn fan has taken years off my life!

Funny but true. 

21 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I can guarantee you that practice is not the same. You can argue until the cows come home but nothing has really been the same since McLemore got hurt. 

I never said things were the same. There's been a steady decline since the USC game but we were also down by 20 before his injury. We rely on the 3, our guards are in a slump right now and that's why we're seeing a decline in overall play. 

1 minute ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I never said things were the same. There's been a steady decline since the USC game but we were also down by 20 before his injury. We rely on the 3, our guards are in a slump right now and that's why we're seeing a decline in overall play. 

stats they showed during the game before and after the injury big difference in Auburn's play. Coaching is now the key and everybody relax. The team is feeling the pressure. Maybe now it will ease up.

Doesn't matter who we play next we won't win if we shoot like we did from the field and from the line. I might rather play NMSU because they'd apparently  rather run up and down and that could play into our hand more.

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

stats they showed during the game before and after the injury big difference in Auburn's play. Coaching is now the key and everybody relax. The team is feeling the pressure. Maybe now it will ease up.

I guess it's a matter of perspective. Bryce's injuries, losing McLemore on the boards and Harper's slump are the keys to the overall product right now. Losing him for the season has hurt but usually if our guards are off the whole team is.

Glad we are going to the round of 32. This is how it is going to be when you live by the three and die by the three. When you are on, you are unbeatable but when you are off....

We really didn't do any worse than the other 4 seeds.  The only other win was a 4 point game as well. 2 others lost, including a dark horse pick in Arizona. 

Archived