Men vs. Charleston

WarTiger

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Glad we are going to the round of 32. This is how it is going to be when you live by the three and die by the three. When you are on, you are unbeatable but when you are off....

Threes, twos or ones.....we did not seem to be able to hit a reasonable percentage of any of them.  

Someone needs to step forward on Sunday and lead this team.   Harper missed most of the first half and it was a rag-tag looking team while he was gone.....and never really got back on track. 

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUBwins said:

We really didn't do any worse than the other 4 seeds.  The only other win was a 4 point game as well. 2 others lost, including a dark horse pick in Arizona. 

I am just glad we got by this one. As sloppy as it was. It was a win and the first in NCAA in 15 something years. Maybe it is the start of good things, if the PTB at AU do not persecute BP for what others may have done.

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Threes, twos or ones.....we did not seem to be able to hit a reasonable percentage of any of them.  

Someone needs to step forward on Sunday and lead this team.   Harper missed most of the first half and it was a rag-tag looking team while he was gone.....and never really got back on track. 

Well, we are a jump shooting team. We score off of the momentum from the three. We play outside in, so I don't expect us to make the bunnies when we aren't firing on all cylinders from the perimeter. Personally, I am excited about Auburn and where the basketball program is heading, but I can't stand this brand of basketball for this very reason. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well, we are a jump shooting team. We score off of the momentum from the three. We play outside in, so I don't expect us to try to make the bunnies when we aren't firing on all cylinders from the perimeter. Personally, I am excited about Auburn and where the basketball program is heading, but I can't stand this brand of basketball for this very reason. 

It was a much better brand of ball when AMc was available .  Spencer works hard but he reminds me of some of our WRs on the football team.....balls just seem to bounce off his hands.  He could have easily scored 20 with all the opportunities he had (or took) within 5 feet of he basket.

Problem tonight was that nobody had a shooting eye....everyone missed foul shot as well as about anything else they tried.  Hope it is a temporary thing.

15 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

We really didn't do any worse than the other 4 seeds.  The only other win was a 4 point game as well. 2 others lost, including a dark horse pick in Arizona. 

And I think MSU only won by 4.

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

And I think MSU only won by 4.

And Virginia, top overall seed, losing by 16 with 12 to go. 

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

And Virginia, top overall seed, losing by 16 with 12 to go. 

That's gonna bust a lot of brackets if that holds up. 

I was thinking that it would take an unknown team like that to beat the 'hoos....plus Va lost one of the best players a day or so ago...which did not help. 

1 hour ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I never said things were the same. There's been a steady decline since the USC game but we were also down by 20 before his injury. We rely on the 3, our guards are in a slump right now and that's why we're seeing a decline in overall play. 

What they had worked for them and now without McLemore....not so much. This group is not as cohesive. You're wrong to minimize that. Chemistry is crucial. 

30 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That's gonna bust a lot of brackets if that holds up. 

I was thinking that it would take an unknown team like that to beat the 'hoos....plus Va lost one of the best players a day or so ago...which did not help. 

I thought you didn't think that mattered much.....

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I thought you didn't think that mattered much.....

I have no idea what you are talking about. :dunno:

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

Didn't lose to the 16 seed haha. Not going to complain now haha

UVA fans must be the loneliest people on Earth right now. 

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'd rather have five more :)

Four means we lose in the natty.

My bad

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Just saw this on Twitter:

UMBC has now won more ACC games this year than Pittsburgh did.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well, we are a jump shooting team. We score off of the momentum from the three. We play outside in, so I don't expect us to make the bunnies when we aren't firing on all cylinders from the perimeter. Personally, I am excited about Auburn and where the basketball program is heading, but I can't stand this brand of basketball for this very reason. 

All season, when we are going good we haven't been missing bunnies. If fact, we've been deadly on the layups until just these last few games. When you've got a small team of normally good shooters, the book says play this type of basketball.

I know it comes with success, but there seem to be a lot of qualifying what happened tonight. We played a good team and defended them very well. We are playing so short handed it ain’t funny, especially when Harper gets two fouls in the first two minutes, and the fact that we basically won the first half when he was out is pretty incredible. We are one of the 32 teams in the country left playing for a national championship, and that’s pretty darn special. This is so cool 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

good riddance. The ugliest and most boring brand of basketball I have ever seen from a top team. Good grief I hate watching them more than any other team. I am so glad we have a fun coach who plays a up tempo splashy kind of brand of basketball that is exciting and fun to watch. Even though not so much tonight! lol. IDK what that was. It looked like the first time these guys had ever played with each other. They were having the most simple of mental mistakes and not doing any of the little things right. I love DeSean Murray's heart, energy and effort but man I know he is at a severe disadvantage most games but good golly he misses a lot of bunnies in the lane. Spencer is just not a skilled basketball player. You can go out shopping on black friday and get back in time by the time he gathers the ball. He has sammie coates hands. THIS WAS A GREAT SIGN!!!!!!!!!! We played our worst game of the year and still won! We were clutch from 3! We hit them when it mattered most! Harper and bryce showed so much ONIONS as bill raftery says. I think we are en fuego from 3 sunday night and win comfortably over clemson (KNOCK ON FRICKIN WOOD). WOOOOOO!!!!!! WAR EAGLE!!! LOVE THIS TEAM!

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

BEAT CLEMSON!!!!

Yep......somehow in post season events, Clemson or FSU seem to always be in our path.   Of course, they probably think that about AU.

Hoping our guys have gotten over the game last night and will be ready to play some solid basketball on Sunday.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

good riddance. The ugliest and most boring brand of basketball I have ever seen from a top team. Good grief I hate watching them more than any other team. I am so glad we have a fun coach who plays a up tempo splashy kind of brand of basketball that is exciting and fun to watch. 

Not a Hoosiers fan, are you?

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

ood riddance. The ugliest and most boring brand of basketball I have ever seen from a top team

Did a quick count and in the first round, 25 teams scored in the 60s and 14 were in the 50s or lower.  Only 12 teams scored over 80 and some of those were playing each other..     

https://www.bing.com/search?q=round+of+64+results&form=WNSGPH&qs=SW&cvid=fecb9ddb08ba4ad8a1427cc12a577f3d&pq=round+of+64+results&cc=US&setlang=en-US&nclid=D61C9E66EA31E4763B8BB9B25693DEA4&ts=1521297162474

The tournament changes they way teams play.  Some of it is probably the pressure of the situations.....but also many underdogs attempt to slow down their high flying opponents.     In most of the low scoring games a 10 point lead seems insurmountable and the tension is really high because every basket is so important. 

Archived