Baseball vs A&M Game 2

A&M comes out of the gate smoking with Davis Daniel completely unable to locate the breaking ball.  Back to back hits from the 1-2 batters gets the Aggies on the board first.  That was followed by a walk to the 3 spot and suddenly we are facing disaster with nobody out in the first.  Steve Smith makes a visit to the mound and Daniel induces a ground ball double play started by Josh Anthony.  DD pitches around the 5 spot with an unintentional intentional and then gets a pop up on the infield.  A&M leaves runners on first and third and Davis Daniel shows why he's got the stuff to be our Saturday starter.  Could be a real confidence builder.... 1-0 Texas A&M going to the bottom of the first.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those last few batters showed positive pitching.  These atm boys can battle at the plate.  Our offense needs to put runs up and get into their pen.  We need DD to chew up some innings.  Atm could damage so me of the guys deeper in our own unless they throw really well

Daniel starts off the second with a five pitch walk, umpire unwilling to give anything off the plate.  Sac bunt puts a runner at second and again Davis shows an overpowering fastball at the bottom of the zone.  When he gets focused, Davis Daniel has the ability to be an outstanding SEC pitcher.  Still 1-0 going to the bottom of the second.  

Brett Wright leads off the second with a walk and Estes makes a huge mistake...don't bunt it up and don't bunt it to the pitcher.  A&M gets the double play and nothing doing in the second.  Still 1-0 going to the third.

Janca really struggling for A&M, that guy is a really good ball player.  Daniel runs one in on his hands at 93 and it's see ya' later.  Davis getting stronger as it goes.

Just got here...thanks for the PBP and comments...

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

That guy behind the plate is doing a poor job today :angry:

He has been inconsistent at best.  I think the camera in centerfield at Plainsman Park is located too far toward the left field line, distorts the angles more than most.

Right handed hitters have zero advantage against the lefty Doxakis.  That arm slot makes it tough to pick up his pitches.  I assume that's a cut fast ball that he's running down and in to his glove side.  Very effective so far. 

Just when I thought Daniel was going to get out of another jam, A&M gets a little bleeder to drop in over the the SS and Steve Smith goes to the pen.  Now 3-0 with two outs in the top of the fifth and Elliot Anderson on in relief.

Archived