Baseball vs A&M Game 2

I have one nit to pick today and that is with josh Anthony.  Of course he should have stepped on home plate ... but additionally, on the throwing error in the 8th he stopped running to the bag at 1st and the lazy bad throw in the 9th.  He is a great player but he needs to make sure his head stays in the game through the end.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

That was a fun game to watch. I can’t wait to hear the hecklers tomorrow when the home ump moves to 3rd base. 

The guy had a strike zone the size of a postage stamp.....seemed to be more of a problem for the aggies than AU however.  Made it easier for the hitters when a strike was needed, because it had to be right down the middle. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

The guy had a strike zone the size of a postage stamp.....seemed to be more of a problem for the aggies than AU however.  Made it easier for the hitters when a strike was needed, because it had to be right down the middle. 

It was really moving all around.  The A&M lefty starter was getting what looked to be a foot inside to right handed batters called a strike.  Right handed pitchers didn't seem to get the pitch off the plate in to the right handed batters box.  Vertically he was pretty tight, although I thought the Aggie catcher did a better job receiving on balls down.  They seemed to get more of those pitches at the bottom of the strike zone.  I'd be willing to bet he's not as good at third as the guy today was....that guy was in absolutely perfect position for the slide by Venter late.  

One last thing, this was definitely a strike....

21 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Thanks for the video...my feed was acting up and I did not get a good look at the replay...that' is one beautiful swing.....

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Thanks for the video...my feed was acting up and I did not get a good look at the replay...that' is one beautiful swing.....

It reminds me so much of Will Clark. 

8 hours ago, jared52 said:

It reminds me so much of Will Clark. 

yep....and maybe Ted Williams ..back in the day.  ...one of the sweetest swings ever.

On 3/17/2018 at 8:17 PM, PowerOfDixieland said:

Have to have a little fun and nit pick with you....it wasn't a strike, it was a GRAND SLAM HOME RUN.  It was a pitch in the strike zone, but for it to be a strike he would have to not swing at a pitch in the zone, swing at a pitch and miss, or foul it off with less than 2 strikes....

Really just another chance to post the video of a VERY SWEET SWING!

Archived