Softball vs. uat game 3

Need this win to take the series.   Game time was moved up, and the watchespn app doesn't have the time change listed, so it doesn't look like we'll get to watch this one.   Lineup today:

Draper
Taylon Snow
McCrackin
Shea
Veach
Perry
Tannon Snow
Rivera
Podany

Kaylee Carlson

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WatchESPN updated the time and is now showing it, just in case you didn't see. I'm glad because I haven't been able to watch much Auburn Softball this year. 

Draper beats the throw but she's called out by the 1st base umpire anyway.  1 out.   Taylon Snow coming up.   Snow lines one HARD up the middle and off Osorio and she is down.  Ball goes into shallow left field.   Think it hit her in the face.  Snow apparently stayed at 1st and did not take another base when the ball went into left field.

Osorio is walking off the field with assistance.   Ball barely grazed her glove and then hit her in the temple.  Pitching change for uat.  

That scares the crap out of me.  My daughter was a pitcher.  One of her high school teammates got hit directly on the cheek. She had multiple facial fractures but she recovered and actually pitched again the next year.  All of their pitchers wore masks after that.  My daughter was not getting back in the circle without one. 

Just now, WarTiger said:

Shea lines one deep to right but caught against the wall to end the inning.

I thought that was gone.  Almost.  A good sign that she is seeing the ball well. 

uat gets s double but Carlson leaves her stranded.   Auburn coming up.   Veach, Perry and Tannon Snow

Tannon Snow grounds to short, throw to 1st is wide and  Snow reaches and Veach moves to 3rd.  Runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out  Alyssa Rivera.      Maresette pinch running for Snow at 1st.      Let's go TIGERS.   Maresette attempts to steal 2nd,  throw down is cut off and snap throw to 3rd and they get veach off the base at 3rd.  2 outs.  DAMN IT.

That's two calls in uat's favor by the 1B ump.  Draper beat the throw in the first and obstruction was not called for Snow. 

Actually that was Crocker pinch hitting for Podany.   Crocker strikes out swinging.  1 out.  Draper coming up

Archived