Softball vs. uat game 3

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carlson sets them down in order.   Veach, Perry and Tannon Snow coming up.  Let's get some runs here.

So what was that all about....same batter came back to hit according to the radio announcer?  Discussion with MD and then what?

Umpires just took away an out from Auburn after Podany makes the catch in left.    The part that sucks here is that we don't get any explanation as to what happened that led to this.     So, this is apparently back to Podany re-entering the game.     OMG.   #SCtop10  Podany lays out right on the line to rob a base hit and likely multiple bases.   NOW there are 2 outs.   What a terrific catch.

Auburn records 4 outs in the inning to get credit for 3.  Time for Auburn to get some runs.   Shea, Veach and Perry coming up

Well, sounds like the team survived a screw up by the coach and got the bama batter out twice....though apparently the second time was much more interesting...

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So what was that all about....same batter came back to hit according to the radio announcer?  Discussion with MD and then what?

I'm not sure that was enforced correctly.   Podany re-entered three innings ago.   Either way, it is on Coach Dean for not reporting it. 

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I'm not sure that was enforced correctly.   Podany re-entered three innings ago.   Either way, it is on Coach Dean for not reporting it. 

I guess maybe bama finally noticed that she was back in the game and the ruling must have taken place from when the violation was noticed.  If I recall, Podany also caught a ball before the "question" was raised and nothing appeared to apply on that play? 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I guess maybe bama finally noticed that she was back in the game and the ruling must have taken place from when the violation was noticed.  If I recall, Podany also caught a ball before the "question" was raised and nothing appeared to apply on that play? 

I don't think she did (make a play before this one but after re-entering). Bama knew and were waiting for Podany to either get a hit or make a catch. Right ruling per the rulebook I'm looking at now as long as it was reported before the next pitch.

Archived