Baseball vs Texas A&M Game 3

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This is why I can't stand watching a game with Andy on the call.  He can't call it straight at all.  Pretty clear from the center field view that the first baseman held his toe on the edge of the bag.

Also, Steven Williams is a monster.

Promise I’m not trying to get in some heated debate with you today man, but I just disagree with you. Both Fuller and Andy agreed his foot came off the bag, and from the 1st base dugout cam, his foot looks like it comes off. Again, don’t mean to keep a debate going with ya today. Glad we can be on a board to disagree and have opinions! 

I do agree with you that Steven Williams is a monster and should be regarded as such...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Brad_ATX said:

This is why I can't stand watching a game with Andy on the call.  He can't call it straight at all.  Pretty clear from the center field view that the first baseman held his toe on the bag.

What a beautiful swing......been a while since we have a power hitter with a stroke like that....and he is just a "baby"....

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This is why I can't stand watching a game with Andy on the call.  He can't call it straight at all.  Pretty clear from the center field view that the first baseman held his toe on the bag.

You can see it plainly from the other view that his foot was off the base. Also the AU fb coach saw it immediately. That CF view was just not clear because it was too far away.

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Promise I’m not trying to get in some heated debate with you today man, but I just disagree with you. Both Fuller and Andy agreed his foot came off the bag, and from the 1st base dugout cam, his foot looks like it comes off. Again, don’t mean to keep a debate going with ya today. Glad we can be on a board to disagree and have opinions! 

Its baseball.  Everything is debatable :)

But the first base cam blocks the back edge of the bag (facing the foul pole).  It was pretty clear to me from the center field view that his toe stayed on that side of the bag as the ball hit the mitt.

And I never care what Andy says.  He's the worst homer announcer on earth and has been for years.  It's hard to listen to for me.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

What a beautiful swing......been a while since we have a power hitter with a stroke like that....and he is just a "baby"....

His swing is so compact too.  That's what I love about it.  Doesn't take him long to get from loaded position to ball at all.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

But the first base cam blocks the back edge of the bag (facing the foul pole).  It was pretty clear to me from the center field view that his toe stayed on that side of the bag as the ball hit the mitt.

And I never care what Andy says.  He's the worst homer announcer on earth and has been for years.  It's hard to listen to for me.

You can see his foot is off the base. It's in the air dude. 

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I hear ya but Fuller has been really good the past few years and agreed with Andy- to me, looks like the guy came off from the 1st base dugout cam, and the CF cam doesn’t offer great depth perception for me. IMO, 3-2 should be score, is what it is.....

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

You can see his foot is off the base. It's in the air dude. 

Just pause the play right when the ball hits the mitt (which the replay NEVER did).  His toe is on there, barely.

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Just pause the play right when the ball hits the mitt (which the replay NEVER did).  His toe is on there, barely.

They did on the replay. I know what I saw. Done with it. 

Ok ... the auburn rally dance cracks me up.  It has made me laugh every time I’ve seen them do it.  It would irritate the stew out of me if another team was doing it though ... therefore I like it!

Just now, mustache eagle said:

Ok ... the auburn rally dance cracks me up.  It has made me laugh every time I’ve seen them do it.  It would irritate the stew out of me if another team was doing it though ... therefore I like it!

Well...it works.....and they are having fun. Win-win!

Just now, mustache eagle said:

I love it- they go crazy and it’s fantastic. LOVE how pumped it gets the guys 

McGuffin watches the third strike. Can’t do that with runners on 2nd and 3rd. Never want to bash these guys, because they’re playing and trying their best for us, but McGuffin hasn’t played much this year, and has a sub .100 average. Don’t know if I would have had him up there in that situation. Probably would’ve pinch hit in that situation. I get Thompson trusting his players and putting a senior up there but I’d be inclined to go with the numbers there. Maybe lefty righty was the call 

Score?

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

McGuffin watches the third strike. Can’t do that with runners on 2nd and 3rd. Never want to bash these guys, because they’re playing and trying their best for us, but McGuffin hasn’t played much this year, and has a sub .100 average. Don’t know if I would have had him up there in that situation. Probably would’ve pinch hit in that situation. I get Thompson trusting his players and putting a senior up there but I’d be inclined to go with the numbers there. Maybe lefty righty was the call 

Do we know what happened with Davis?

4 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Can. Not. Watch. That. Pitch. 

Sure can't.  But man, that late action cutting back across the plate was nasty.

Archived