Baseball vs Texas A&M Game 3

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Do we know what happened with Davis?

Nope. I would’ve pinch hit Johnson. Jeremy had already seen that pitcher this weekend and is a good eye at the plate. 

Wonder if Davis isn’t hurt because him or Johnson would’ve been really good options in that scenario since they are both right fielders.

Like I said, I understand it- it’s early in the SEC season, and you’ve already won the series over a team that will probably host a super, see if you can get a senior who has not performed well to get a big hit, and find some confidence going into SEC play so you have yet another option. McGuffin just hasn’t hit well and in that situation where you need a hit, think I would’ve gone elsewhere

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost the battle, won the war. Protected Plainsman Park. Tough midweek game followed by a tough road series at UK. Should be a top ten team tomorrow. 

Let’s have another winning week. WDE!

TAMU wins 5-1. Auburn bats couldn’t get going today. 

Plenty of reasons why AU lost and it all starts with how they played, but the officiating played a role in today’s game. Strike zone was inconsistent for AU all day, and at least two calls missed in the field. Tanner Burns was called for an illegal pitch, but has been pulling the same move all season. IMO, umpires should have done some research and know “this kid throws this pitch, and we’ve looked at the rule book and it is legal as long as he comes set.” I’m not sure if the ump said he didn’t come set, which would have been a different call, but that move Burns has been doing is legal. Thompson talked about it after the first game Burns threw against Longwood. 

Overall, impressive weekend. We may be a Top 10 team next week in most polls. Gotta go to Kentucky who just got steamrolled by Arkansas and will want some wins. Let’s go get GT this week, then beat the Cats! 

On to March Madness for today! 

Archived