Men vs. Clemson

WarTiger

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Can this clown and forde just shut the hell up?! They are truly obsessed with us and never ever miss a opportunity to miss taking a shot at us. SMH @aujeff11 IDK who hates us worse him or forde or thamel. O cannot forget about thayer evans either. I do not know why the national media despises us.

He’s right though. I think this comment is okay. Why do we suck against Clemson in everything? 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He’s right though. I think this comment is okay. Why do we suck against Clemson in everything? 

If he was not in the holy trinity of auburn haters I would of laughed. If it was say Ryen Russillo making this comment I would of laughed. Not this clown.

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If he was not in the holy trinity of auburn haters I would of laughed. If it was say Ryen Russillo making this comment I would of laughed. Not this clown.

Thayer, Schlabach, Wolken, Forde, and others feast on our demise and we let them feast last night. The way we quit last night we deserved it. The way Clemson was jacking up 35+ three pointers after being up 27, it was apparent the opponent was more disrespectful than the hacks though. Which leads me back to my point, why can’t we beat the brakes off Clemson in anything. That university is frustrating and we need to play them again just so I can feel better about it in football and basketball. 

TBH, I don't care to see Auburn go up against Clemson in any competition.  I became weary of CU yrs ago and never understood Jay Jacobs affinity for them.

12 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Really, did he think he didn't deserve to be fired. Now that's ? right there

I remember taking an out-of -town AU grad to see our "new" arena back when Barbee was coaching. My old buddy was really impressed with the facility. Then the game started. We were down to LSU 37-6 at the half! That's right, six points in an entire half. Worst AU performance I've ever witnessed in any sport and I've witnessed a bunch. I was (mistakenly) happy when Barbee was hired but nowhere near as happy as I was when he was fired. The guy is incapable.

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Thayer, Schlabach, Wolken, Forde, and others feast on our demise and we let them feast last night. The way we quit last night we deserved it. The way Clemson was jacking up 35+ three pointers after being up 27, it was apparent the opponent was more disrespectful than the hacks though. Which leads me back to my point, why can’t we beat the brakes off Clemson in anything. That university is frustrating and we need to play them again just so I can feel better about it in football and basketball. 

well I do agree with what the clown said. We would probaly lose......... SO yah lets not do that. Whatever magic we used in 2010 to make them miss that field goal we need to steal it back from clemson because they have owned us since.

Well that was not a fun way to end the season. Game was over about 6 minutes into the game. Not sure what happened to the team but they looked completely lost after the first half of the bama game in the SEC tourney. Just no flow whatsoever. I'd blame it on losing McLemore but we had games after we lost him where we played decent basketball. So not sure what the deal was....maybe too much pressure....running out of gas? Not sure. But I still want to wish the team congrats on one of the most amazing and out of no where seasons i have ever witnessed. I thought we were done and dead after losing Purifoy and Wiley and then that exhibition game was the confirmation we were in for another terrible year of AU bball. But the team wouldn't have it and ending up winning the SEC. Thanks for the magical run guys!

10 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Well, that was very hard to watch. Can't be too tough on this team as no one expected us to have the season that we did. Hopefully, this will be a huge learning experience for everyone on the team and coach. Every since Mac went down our shooting has been pretty bad. I kept wishing and hoping that once we saw that our 3 point shooting wasn't working that we'd drive the ball more. I didn't care to see us keep jacking up 3s. That's my only big gripe with this team is that when our 3 point shot isn't working...drive the ball more. 

To think that this team would've been amazing with the 2 bigs we were missing this season in a wide-open tournament is a tough pill to swallow. I don't know our recruiting situation with basketball but it sure would be nice to get another ball handler to held out Harper and a big that could at least steal a few minutes rebounding and playing defense. All in all....proud of the team. With a couple adjustments, i think we could have another good upcoming season. 

We have a combo guard transfer from VCU Samir Doughty who is a 6'3 ball handler who becomes eligible next season. I agree though, having a 3rd ball handling option is a must. Harper's size makes certain matchups extremely difficult for him, and Davion this year was just learning on the fly -- and he had flashes. It would be great if Brown could become another ball handler but he's good for losing the ball 1-2 times a game just sizing up his defender, but I don't think that's his game.

Also we have a 6'8 4* PF coming in next year (I think he reclassified to next year) Babatunde Akingbola. He's apparently in the Horace Spencer/Anfernee mold. Athletic, rim protector/rebounder. So it looks like help is on the way!

I am excited about Samir's prospects -- after bringing in Desean Murray and my doubts about Desean if Pearl wants him, I want him. 

2 hours ago, keesler said:

TBH, I don't care to see Auburn go up against Clemson in any competition.  I became weary of CU yrs ago and never understood Jay Jacobs affinity for them.

I have to get this vulgar taste of constant defeat out of my mouth though. We are the big brother!

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Probably in the top 5 nationwide.

I truly think the Cam Newton saga is responsible.

I think I would let the team that played last night date my sister. At least you know they wouldn't score :Sing:

Suppose we just have to enjoy the success we did have this year and leave with a bitter taste until next year. Really about the same feeling I had as we lost to UGA in football.

Exciting year, terrible way to close out

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Exciting year, terrible way to close out

basically like our football season

Auburn sports doing just fine!  SEC West Football Champs, SEC Basketball Champions, baseball team will be in the top 10 after weekend, Ladies softball took the series against the turds and will likely be a top 12 team. A lot to be proud of.

2018 football team should do well, basketball team will only get better. Bruce will bring in some talent to compliment this team no doubt. A lot to be proud of folks!

Why can't we beat Clemson? it's seems like its been forever since we beat them in anything. I'm getting sick and tired of it. We use to be far better then to let Clemson walk all over us in the main sports.

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

Out hustled in every aspect of the game.  Sad way to top a great year but we ran out of gas.  We'll be back.

Disgusting lack of effort

Just my observation and opinion, but it appeared to me that there was something wrong with the team in terms of focus and hustle.    Saw a lot of standing around on offense and Clemson wanting it more in their offensive end.   

Auburn won an SEC championship in basketball. Let me repeat that. Auburn won an SEC championship in basketball. I hate it when they lose. I hate t worse when they lose embarrassingly. But Auburn won an SEC championship in basketball.

And I am proud of these guys. Nobody, and I mean nobody, believed in them. But Auburn won an SEC championship in basketball.

Nuff said!

Archived