Men vs. Clemson

WarTiger

After scoring 41 in the fitst half against Baja in the SEC tournament AU has only scored 103 points in the next four half’s or two games. Amazing how bad the team has shot the ball over the last four half’s. 

Also was that not over and back against Clemson right before the end of the half. It sure looked like the Clemson player dribbled the ball over the mid court line. 

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, auburntiger1987 said:

And that guy sitting next to chuck needs an ass whooping. He’s been horribly disrespectful last game and now

that is just their shtick. Chuck gave him hell when unc lost. Been doing it for over a decade on inside the NBA. It is very entertaining. Just sucks that Auburn is on the receiving end of it now.

Here is the issue in my eyes.  Bruce likes to run a full press and lets the players have freedom running at full speed.  This is fine, when you have a full group of players at your disposal.

When you are down to only seven players, this causes fatigue early, and foul trouble.  With almost no back-ups, this issue compounds even further.

What happens for the rest of this game is to been seen, but Bruce needs to use this thinking as a recruiting pitch to attract more guys, including Wiley and Purifoy.  Next year we HAVE to have 10 guys or more.  Plain and simple or we run the risk of this year happening again.  

This great season sure has been ending on a whimper. I can’t believe how bad it’s been the past couple weeks. I’m looking forward to next season at least. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

that is just their shtick. Chuck came him hell when unc lost. Been doing it for over a decade on inside the NBA. It is very entertaining. Just sucks that Auburn is on the receiving end of it now.

Meh I don’t care for it.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Here is the issue in my eyes.  Bruce likes to run a full press and lets the players have freedom running at full speed.  This is fine, when you have a full group of players at your disposal.

When you are down to only seven players, this causes fatigue early, and foul trouble.  With almost no back-ups, this issue compounds even further.

What happens for the rest of this game is to been seen, but Bruce needs to use this thinking as a recruiting pitch to attract more guys, including Wiley and Purifoy.  Next year we HAVE to have 10 guys or more.  Plain and simple or we run the risk of this year happening again.  

we are not hitting shots. Has nothing to do with fatigue this game. We are not giving enough effort to use fatigue as a reason for this.

This team deserves nothing but respect from this fan base for this season. Disappointing ending but I'm proud for those boys for a good year regardless! War Eagle!

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Meh I don’t care for it.

er.gif

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Meh I don’t care for it.

I will agree with Gwill on this.  They don’t mean any harm to each other.  At TNT NBA halftime, it is very entertaining to watch them.  They do a great job together.  

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

we are not hitting shots. Has nothing to do with fatigue this game. We are not giving enough effort to use fatigue as a reason for this.

Not hitting shots and not taking good ones

1 minute ago, auburntiger1987 said:

There is an off game shooting and then there is this. This team needs to find the pride in wearing the jersey because they don’t. No effort on defense and just piss poor shot selection

I really feel like with the lack of any effort or concentration being shown by the entire squad that there may more than meets the eye. And what's meeting the eye is ugly enough. Did someone decide to fire BP and only tell the players? Or are they just physically and mentally whipped with all that has been hanging over them this whole season? I really did not expect them to be embarrassed tonite. Damn!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

True, but I am talking in general.  For today’s game, we are on the wrong foot, and do not have enough bench players to come in and hit the “reset” like Mitchell is doing.  But the foul trouble does stand, because with a full court press in nature, foul trouble does come into play.  With only 2 reserves, it can cause issues and frustration that compounds.  

how many guys on the floor should be back next year? How many scholarships will we have for recruiting?  Things that are important for us to bring it next year. Say a prayer that this team will find a way to get back into this game and make it interesting. Not impossible, but will require a herculean effort. 

Anybody who's watched Auburn basketball for the last month could have seen this coming from a mile away. If I'm being honest,  they didn't even deserve a win against Charleston.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Nevada went on a 32-8 run and won by 2. 

Well the law of averages would say that we should do a lot better the 2nd half with our stats so dismal in the first half, BUT the players have to want to give the effort..something is definitely missing.

Just now, au701948 said:

I really feel like with the lack of any effort or concentration being shown by the entire squad that there may more than meets the eye. And what's meeting the eye is ugly enough. Did someone decide to fire BP and only tell the players? Or are they just physically and mentally whipped with all that has been hanging over them this whole season? I really did not expect them to be embarrassed tonite. Damn!

They have been playing like this for last few games.. lack of effort and no emotion.. 

Just now, au701948 said:

That would at least make sense. It just seems like they are easily mentally defeated now. If the shot isn’t falling in bunches they just hang their head. MAC was awesome but that is not why we are looking like. Scrubs from the rec

8 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

And that guy sitting next to chuck needs an ass whooping. He’s been horribly disrespectful last game and now

Then you haven't been watching.  Chuck has been giving Kenny hell all week about UNC.

7 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

I agree.  He's pretty much being a colossal douche and not at all professional. 

Archived