Was that CBP last game?

weathergeakal

Was that CBP last game as the HC of Auburn?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Was that CBP last game as the HC of Auburn?

• Yes
    • No

Due to the FBI investigation do you think that the university will fire him? I certainly hope not but a lot of the journalist covering this he is done and they see no chance he stays.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be a grave mistake to fire Pearl unless he is directly implicated. 

If the university fires him based on hearsay, which I don’t think it would, it would be a travesty and kill our basketball program. 

In b4 lock (no malice toward original poster, but this is going to devolve quickly most likely) (I voted no, btw) (what's the best way to parentheses three straight parenthetical statements in a row?  is this correct?)

Doubt it, but I can say that if so, I’ll never watch another AU BB game.  I’ve been a fan since the mid 80’s.   Something like that without due cause would make me not want to ever see the sport at AU again. 

2 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

Yeah, their sources aren’t reliable in the least. Especially Thamel. 

Also, isn’t SEC Country like Bleacher Report? Just a blog with user submissions?

3 minutes ago, InfernoOrangeSS said:

Doubt it, but I can say that if so, I’ll never watch another AU BB game.  I’ve been a fan since the mid 80’s.   Something like that without due cause would make me not want to ever see the sport at AU again. 

I like the way you think. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Yeah, their sources aren’t reliable in the least. Especially Thamel. 

Also, isn’t SEC Country like Bleacher Report? Just a blog with user submissions?

Forde broke the whole FBI news.

6 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

In b4 lock (no malice toward original poster, but this is going to devolve quickly most likely) (I voted no, btw) (what's the best way to parentheses three straight parenthetical statements in a row?  is this correct?)

I think this is what you’re looking for

InBeforeTheLock.gif

Just now, weathergeakal said:

Forde broke the whole FBI news.

That’s fine. Did he tie Pearl to the investigation initially, or is he flinging s*** to see what sticks? Pretty sure he’s had a vendetta toward Auburn since Cam, but I could be mistaking him for someone else. 

8 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Yeah, I assumed that the mods will go all Debby downer on my poll asking the opinions of the board.

Just so folks remember that Auburn's problem is with the NCAA , not the FBI.  It wasn't the FBI that suspended two players this year.     

The FBI is Chuck Persons's problem. 

JMO but the decision will be based on how the NCAA responds and I'm remembering that Greene was asked when he was hired would he be willing to fire BP and he answered "yes".   JMO but that has to tell us something.. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Just so folks remember that Auburn's problem is with the NCAA , not the FBI.  It wasn't the FBI that suspended two players this year.     

The FBI is Chuck Persons's problem. 

JMO but the decision will be based on how the NCAA responds and I'm remembering that Greene was asked when he was hired would he be willing to fire BP and he answered "yes".   JMO but that has to tell us something.. 

Assuming Greene has integrity, he won’t fire Bruce without proper knowledge and has let due process run its course. 

17 minutes ago, InfernoOrangeSS said:

This.

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Assuming Greene has integrity, he won’t fire Bruce without proper knowledge and has let due process run its course. 

Of course.....and there might be plenty of that..... but I don't believe there is due process with the NCAA.... you might want to check with Chuck P or Rick Pitino   there was no trial ...just guys getting fired for cause.  

My question for anyone really in the know, when will something definitive be said. I’m pretty tired of the will he or won’t he be here. As popular as he is, I would think it would have to be something really bad to let him go. (Which is what I’m hoping) and is it possible he would be suspended a couple of games rather than fired? 

Just now, BJCrawford said:

My question for anyone really in the know, when will something definitive be said. I’m pretty tired of the will he or won’t he be here. As popular as he is, I would think it would have to be something really bad to let him go. (Which is what I’m hoping) and is it possible he would be suspended a couple of games rather than fired? 

To clarify....hoping it’s not something bad

Just now, AU64 said:

Of course.....and there might be plenty of that..... but I don't believe there is due process with the NCAA.... you might want to check with Chuck P or Rick Pitino   there was no trial ...just guys getting fired for cause.  

Weren’t they on tape committing violations? I think hard evidence trumps hearsay. 

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Weren’t they on tape committing violations? I think hard evidence trumps hearsay. 

Yep...which is what happened to CP too.....but BP was his boss and now won't talk about what he might have known....or suspected.  

But for Auburn, it's an NCAA issue and depends on what NCAA says....and maybe depends on if AU just wants this thing to totally go away  (meaning BP as well as CP) and to get the FBI and NCAA totally off our backs and out of town. .

Archived