Was that CBP last game?

weathergeakal

Was that CBP last game as the HC of Auburn?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Was that CBP last game as the HC of Auburn?

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, gravejd said:

With the news of Purifoy being cleared i'm feeling much better about Pearl being back next season. Feeling more and more like this whole thing is getting behind us so i'm feeling more positive that nothing new is coming out

I'm right there with you man!

This recent news and conclusion to Purifoy case provides a sense of closure on this whole thing. 

Now my question is will Auburn have to serve some sanctions or probation, i.e. loss of scholarship, reduced recruiting privileges?

At the end of the day, Auburn has/had up to 3 coaches and 2 players involved in NCAA infractions.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gravejd said:

With the news of Purifoy being cleared i'm feeling much better about Pearl being back next season. Feeling more and more like this whole thing is getting behind us so i'm feeling more positive that nothing new is coming out

Sorry,  I don't see any connection with Pearl's issue and those of the players.

The players were basically punished.

Pearl has a  contract, that could cause him the most trouble with that part that says he is responsible for his staff. They could force that on AU to clean this thing up. Or they could suspend him. 

But I see no relief yet for Pearl. Until we know the University admin make a statement....we are still simply in that 'who knows' his status in the future.

21 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Sorry,  I don't see any connection with Pearl's issue and those of the players.

The players were basically punished.

Pearl has a  contract, that could cause him the most trouble with that part that says he is responsible for his staff. They could force that on AU to clean this thing up. Or they could suspend him. 

But I see no relief yet for Pearl. Until we know the University admin make a statement....we are still simply in that 'who knows' his status in the future.

You have a valid point.  The players were punished and served their time.

There has yet to be a ruling on AU, or the coach that all this crap transpired under.

I agree with steeleagle and keesler pretty much. I believe the players' penalties have been addressed by the NCAA and AU has and will honor the NCAA decisions. However, in this particular and unprecedented situation, I emphatically do not believe that CBP should suffer consequences caused by the criminal actions of another individual, if CBP knew nothing about what was happening. If he did know something or knew something after the fact and did not report it himself, then it becomes another matter. I am obviously hoping that he was completely not involved. JMHO

6 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Supposing pearl is not guilty of anything, would it be necessary to declare him cleared?

Even if the NCAA should decide not to go on record as "clearing" CBP, he should very publicly be cleared by the AU Administration when/if it is finally determined he was not involved. That would be the decent thing to do for Auburn, CBP, the players and the alumni.

7 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Even if the NCAA should decide not to go on record as "clearing" CBP, he should very publicly be cleared by the AU Administration when/if it is finally determined he was not involved. That would be the decent thing to do for Auburn, CBP, the players and the alumni.

Auburn still has to face their own sentencing from the NCAA though.  It's coming, we just don't know when.

Auburn can't have a few rouge AU coaches on the staff operating and orchestrating impermissible benefits for AU players and not get their hand slapped by the NCAA.

I imagine Auburn Compliance mitigated quite a lot of the damage by firing Persons and suspending the other two asst coaches AND sitting the two players for the season.  But I don't see AU making a big public show of support about CBP until they know what they are facing down the road with sanctions/penalties.

Archived