Russia and Trump

TexasTiger

Russia is attacking our electoral process, our power grids, using nerve agents against residents of our closest ally— and yet Trump says nothing about that, but spends his time ferociously attacking the FBI. Why is that?

18 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Russia is attacking our electoral process, our power grids, using nerve agents against residents of our closest ally— and yet Trump says nothing about that, but spends his time ferociously attacking the FBI. Why is that?

Would it help if he "said" something about it? I mean, you have no clue what's going on behind the scenes. Kind of like you admitted about Mueller investigation. Remember? You said you aren't on the investigation and Mueller isn't talking. Why not think in same vein here Tex? 

50 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Would it help if he "said" something about it? I mean, you have no clue what's going on behind the scenes. Kind of like you admitted about Mueller investigation. Remember? You said you aren't on the investigation and Mueller isn't talking. Why not think in same vein here Tex? 

Because they couldn’t be more different processes.

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Trump is investigating the Russians?  :gofig:

Trump is really a double-agent working in the interests of the United States. It just looks like he's betraying us. How else can he gain Putin's trust? 

Oh, you forgot that he had time to call and congratulate Vlad on his 're-election'. Wonder whether he gave him a hard time about not just making himself president for life?

:drink1:

There are many legitimate reasons for people not liking Trump. The Russian thing is being carried to far. Romney was excoriated by Obama.the liberal press and the Democrats for actually saying Russia was our enemy.  I believe the rejoinder was along the lines of the Cold War is over. Obama and Hillary wanted a more congenial relationship with Russia and the press thought it was  a great idea. Obama was told before the election that there was Russian meddling but did nothing about it until after his side had lost.  Despite the months of investigations no facts tying Trump or his people to directly working with the Russians have come to light. Trump and his people have not been exonerated either. 

Before the Mueller investigation is finished we should not base our opinions on anonymous leaks from both sides of the Political spectrum or our own political likes or dislikes. Russian meddling did occur and has been occurring for many years before and is a serious subject it warrants an investigation to find out of it was solely a Russian Operation or if some Americans wittingly or unwittingly  aided the Russians and what we can do to slow it down or stop it for the next time. So far the only thing that I have seen that is substantiated is that the Democratic National Committee paid for a report against the Republican candidate Trump that used information that it got from the Russians that must have been 100% true as the Russians are the good guys (Sarcasm).

I am reading peoples posts and because of people not liking him they are basically saying he is guilty with out any hard evidence proving that he is. I am all for thoughtful posts on things like the tax breaks whether you agree with them or disagree with them. His stand on the Border wall and the way he wants to tie it into the Dreamers. As I said at the beginning I totally understand people legitimate gripes with Trump but I don't understand assuming he is guilty with colluding with the Russians without real facts to back it up.

If the Mueller investigation comes up with hard facts that Trump or some of his team were involved then depending on what they find some type of punishment should be dealt out up to Impeachment assuming the facts warrant it.

On 3/19/2018 at 10:56 AM, NolaAuTiger said:

Well, it would certainly help people to perceive he's against such a regime, and is not being blackmailed by Putin.  (For one example)     :-\

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, it would certainly help people to perceive he's against such a regime, and is not being blackmailed by Putin.  (For one example)     :-\

The sanctions aren’t enough?

On 3/19/2018 at 1:17 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

?

You compared  Mueller's discretion regarding his investigation to Trump not speaking out against the Russians.

They are in no way similar.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You compared  Mueller's discretion regarding his investigation to Trump not speaking out against the Russians.

They are in no way similar.

No. I highlighted Tex’s selective outrage

21 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

So you’d sleep better if he “said” something?

I'd feel we have a president who cares more about our country than himself or at least didn't act like he was owned by Putin.

21 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

No. I highlighted Tex’s selective outrage

BS.  Stop weaseling kid.  It's bad for your future.

It was "selective" because they are two completely different things.

29 minutes ago, homersapien said:

BS.  Stop weaseling kid.  It's bad for your future.

It was "selective" because they are two completely different things.

“Kid.” That’s funny you Grumpy Old Fart. Please don’t try to extend advice towards me, it’s a waste of time.

Nope. You’re wrong, just like you were about my age.

25 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Nope. You’re wrong, just like you were about  at my age.

Fixed that for you.  ;)

And you said you're 28.  So if that's incorrect, blame yourself.

11 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Show me where I said I was 28

Sorry but I have better things to do.  It was on the thread where everyone was providing background information on themselves.  Don't even remember which forum - might have been the football forum.  And I didn't quote your post, so you might have gone back to delete it.

But if I am mistaken, why are you only now challenging it?  I made a couple of posts about it at the time - including one that claimed I had 40 years of experience on you.  You didn't deny it then.

So, if you aren't 28, how old are you?

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Sorry but I have better things to do.  It was on the thread where everyone was providing background information on themselves.  Don't even remember which forum - might have been the football forum.  And I didn't quote your post, so you might have gone back to delete it.

But if I am mistaken, why are you only now challenging it?  I made a couple of posts about it at the time - including one that claimed I had 40 years of experience on you.  You didn't deny it then.

So, if you aren't 28, how old are you?

Correct. I'm 12

But really, to my recollection, I've never told my age on here. I find it trivial. That said, I am not 28. 

You are right. It is trivial, but homes is an old fart. ;D

14 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

You are right. It is trivial, but homes is an old fart. ;D

And proud of it!  

(Not that luck was totally absent.)

Had a rough day today.  Got my tractor stuck, my dogs got into a big fight and my wife is pissed off.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And proud of it!  

(Not that luck was totally absent.)

Had a rough day today.  Got my tractor stuck, my dogs got into a big fight and my wife is pissed off.

Easy. Drink a beer or three. :cheers:

Archived