Eli Stove -- Torn ACL

Tiger

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Any of you doctors guesstimate when he will be back?

I'd expect by fall

Good that we have some young guys coming in who can run that sweep...."next man up" and I hope he fully recovers...he's got nice speed and was an asset to the team this year.

1 hour ago, TigerFanAU said:

Lawd, not the news you wanna hear from Spring Ball. Quick recovery Eli!

Better Spring than Fall. I had a friend get his ACL fixed by Dr. Andrews back in the 90s and he was back to full strength in no time. I'm sure, with the tech they have now, Eli will be 100% by Fall Camp.

35 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Good that we have some young guys coming in who can run that sweep...."next man up" and I hope he fully recovers...he's got nice speed and was an asset to the team this year.

exactly

...at least it’s not a Safety

Stinks, but we’ll see him back to form in 2020, if he returns.

And yes, I know he could be “back” by fall, but outside of Adrian Peterson, I’ve never seen anyone even close to 100% back to form within 6 months. 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! NOT STOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :[ He is one of my all time favorite AU players. THis frickin sucks. GET WELL SOON ELI!!! Praying for you!!! Take a redshirt year if it means getting back to 100%. WAR DAMN ELI STOVE!

ytty.gif

8 minutes ago, EclecticTiger said:

...at least it’s not a Safety

Stinks, but we’ll see him back to form in 2020, if he returns.

And yes, I know he could be “back” by fall, but outside of Adrian Peterson, I’ve never seen anyone even close to 100% back to form within 6 months. 

I'm telling, I've seen Dr. Andrews have someone back up and in form in far less than 6 months. He had my buddy on a TENS machine to keep his muscles active while he recovered from surgery, significantly reducing his rehab time.

I hope Stove has a swift and complete recovery.  But it is next man up.  We can probably find someone to run the speed sweep.

wde  

I’d lean on the side of it being highly unlikely Stove will be back by fall. ACL repairs rehab faster now than in the mid 90’s, but we’re at 5 months b/w now and August.  

2 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

I’d lean on the side of it being highly unlikely Stove will be back by fall. ACL repairs rehab faster now than in the mid 90’s, but we’re at 5 months b/w now and August.  

sucks

I really hate it for the kid, but it is a good thing that AU has the potential depth to fill this need.

44 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

ACLs are 9 months minimum. Most take 12 months.

Going back to a high level of physical activity like football before 9-12 months of recovery time increases the risk of re-injury. It's just not worth the risk.

Archived